Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Twin Seeds please! This stage is awesome!

I think you misunderstand how this works :)

We've shown pretty much everything on the NiGHTS track, we're certainly not going to squeeze in Twin Seeds as well, it's already bulging out of the consoles memory as it is :P

---

S0L

---

managed to get 3 chances to play every level at S.O.S, the boating handled smoothly and the cars handled perfect, i also now see what you meant S0L about making it harder to hold the drift to boost level 3, very cool touch.

if i must say a few negative things about the game... i was well into the third lap of Adder's Lair (the Golden Axe track) in flight form, when i tried pulling an air turn to get around a rather tight corner, yet the game failed to pick up my turning and slammed me into the invisible barrier where i got stuck for a few seconds, before i ended up facing the wrong way... took a while for me to turn around with plane's not being able to reverse... was wondering if there will be a reset button for happens like this, also for the boats getting stuck upside down when near a wall. My other point was the items, i was concentrating so hard on navigating the huge tracks, pulling stunts and holding drifts that i completely forgot i had items half of the time, they also didn't seem very effective... the only one that seemed to do some sort of damage was the bees, and even then their hit box on the track seemed a bit bigger than the actual area the bee/buzzbomber covered.

i'm sure you'll tighten the controls up for release... and i was very disappointed that you had the pods muted! or very low, i could actually hear the Sonic 4 episode 2 music over the transformed demo (and it was on the other side of the room!) was looking forward to hearing the Adder's Lair remix! sad.png

but i loved every minute of it, i seen the amount of love you put into the stages and character and vehicle designs.

seriously can't wait!

Dont worry too much about the weapons, getting stuck on scenery and more, we've got plans for all this to be addressed. The demo is WIP still, we've done many improvements since it was done for E3 - and there's plenty more planned down the line.

We didn't purposely mute the TV's by the way, I'm sure they had the volume up at some point, so someone probably dropped it and then forgot to boost it back up after one of Jun's sessions at a guess.

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

Because no matter which set of kids they chose people would still be in an uproar over it, and putting all 4 into one vehicle seems like a bit much.

I kind of disagree. Sumo has changed up Beat's design from the different JSRs in each of the Allstar games, so I think the same could've been done here, had they decided on using the kids. Elliot and Claris would've made sense this time, since NiD is being rereleased later this year.

Plus, most people hate JOD anyway, so I doubt they'd care if Helen and Will didn't get in. =P

It's great to see so many NiGHTS characters make it into the game, playable or not. I would have loved to see Jackle in there, but I can't complain when we have, not only Reala as a playable character, but three other bosses roaming the track as well. I'm really chuffed that Sumo went with the old school villains Gillwing and Puffy over Girania and Donbalon as well (not that I have a particularly problem with them).

Edited by Lungo

Wonder if there'll be anything new revealed at Comic Con...

C'mon Vectorman reveal, c'mon!

• Thumbs Up 1

I could have sworn S0L said we'd be getting another reveal at Comic-Con, though maybe I'm getting it mixed up. I'll look around and try to find a quote.

EDIT: Aha.

We're currently planning to show some new things at both - all going to plan that is. Still got to knock some kinks out though for what those things are, so I'm not promising!

---

S0L

---

EDIT: 2 Wait...by "both" he may have meant SOS and Sonic Boom...but Shadzter posted a link saying the game would be at Comic-Con...I'm not too sure now. :P

Edited by Mykonos

Wonder if there'll be anything new revealed at Comic Con...

C'mon Blaze reveal, cmon!!!!!!!

C'mon Vectorman reveal, c'mon!

C'mon Blaze reveal, cmon!!!!!!!

Dude.... seriously?

• Thumbs Up 1

There's at least one more Sonic character in the game but chances are it's just Metal Sonic. I'd prefer Rouge or Big.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've got to say, SoL has some crazy sideburns (If that was him in his video?).

I just really hope Big gets to return in this game. Loved to play as him for the hilarity of his vehicle being so small compared to him.

I'd be fine with Blaze, from Streets of Rage that is! Give us Axel, Blaze, or Adam!

(Seriously, we don't need more Sonic characters)

• Thumbs Up 1

Lets see:Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Amy,Shadow,Eggman and maybe Metal Sonic....I'd be fine with either Blaze or Silver or even all 3 chaotix in one car actually. If not in the release, then dlc.

Edited by Sora

I'd be fine with Blaze, from Streets of Rage that is! Give us Axel, Blaze, or Adam!

Mah Man!

• Thumbs Up 1

Big's not in, he's retired. How about Blaze (Sonic) in Blaze (Streets of Rage)'s outfit?

Big's not in, he's retired. How about Blaze (Sonic) in Blaze (Streets of Rage)'s outfit?

That doesn't necessarily put him out of the question. The Sumo Team have already said that his retirement doesn't really affect his chances of getting in, seeing as plenty of the other characters haven't been used since who knows when

• Thumbs Up 2

How about Blaze (Sonic) in Blaze (Streets of Rage)'s outfit?

Because SUMO are out to please the Sega fans and don't want to troll the fanbase as badly as Capcom did theres with this:

AkIOTybCIAEsLEz.jpg

And boy did several fans get pissed at this.

Edited by Balding Spider

Guys, I'm sure S0L will say this ain't character requesting area. It has it's own topic.

Now S0L, I'm curious if you can answer this (no prob if not) but will the game have special unlocks like concept art? Thanks for reading and hope you get a nice tan in the USA.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think there will be extra outfits for chars, but if has, no way Blaze (Sonic) will be dressed as Blaze (SoR)... You can expect something like Beat from JTRF, Axel from Crazy Taxi, or classic versions of Sonic, Tails and Eggman. Of course, it's very unlikely, unless Sumo Digital open more cans of awesomeness.

And by the way, better save these discussions for the other thread.

Because SUMO are out to please the Sega fans and don't want to troll the fanbase as badly as Capcom did theres with this:

AkIOTybCIAEsLEz.jpg

I still strongly believe that this is the best thing to ever happen in the history of everything

and like Dr Spudhead said, let's move all the character talk to the Character Thread

• Thumbs Up 1

AkIOTybCIAEsLEz.jpg

That's how I felt with Silver in tge Olympics games.

I want a Streets of Rage track with beautiful neon streets and beaches and a carnival at night, all while gangs are trying to make you miserable with their grenade-tossing bikers and pro-wrestlers and robots.

I think some SOR content is long overdue for this series. I just hope if they do put some in it captures the aesthetics nicely. Maybe have it be a rainy track so it looks like one of those nice Gran Turismo courses with reflective rain-slicked streets.

• Thumbs Up 2

Box art: http://blogs.sega.co...nd-pack-fronts/

xZa95.jpg

Looks slick, but disappointed that it's just Sonic, Eggman and Aiai. Pretty sparse for an All-Stars title. Also, guess this means no "and Banjo-Kazooie" additions, unless Wii U has something planned.

Also, does this mean Seaside Hill is returning?

--

For comparison:

XcoZU.jpg

ASR had Sonic, Tails (Banjo-Kazooie on 360 version), Eggman, Aiai, Amigo

ASRT has Sonic, Eggman, Aiai

Really needs more characters on the cover. Like, NiGHTS and Joe. They'd be awesome.

Another idea, a different character in the place of Aiai depending on the console. So, like 360 has Vyse, PS3 has Gilius, Wii U has NiGHTS, 3DS has Joe, Vita has Aiai.

Edited by Barry the Nomad