Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Comic Con trailer!

Lots of Great stuff going on here. This trailer really puts emphasis on the water transformations... kinda like the box art, really. tongue.png The best part, for me anyway, is that we actually heard a few voice clips; the most notable of which coming from Gilius and that guy from Skies of Arcadia.

EEEEDIT: Also, am I think only on who finds it funny that Tails screams whenever his flying transformation takes off... jeez he's only been flying planes since, like, Sonic the Hedgehog 2. sleep.png

Edited by Unidus
  • Thumbs Up 3

Also, am I think only on who finds it funny that Tails screams whenever his flying transformation takes off... jeez he's only been flying planes since, like, Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

That's because it's Sonic Heroes' Tails.

The one who always seemed to react to any sort of g-forces with nonsense like "Whoa, my head's spinning!"

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Stylistically the box art looks pretty fucking fantastic, I'd love to have the entire artwork in poster form. You guys should totally convince Sega to produce prints and start selling them at Sonic Merchandise. I know I'd buy one in a heart beat.

• Thumbs Up 7

So I'm guessing the boxart is covered in white to block out the Seaside Hill background, to avoid revealing another track.

Though I'm sure Sumo can turn Seaside Hill into an amazing new course, I really wish they went for something a bit different :|

So I'm guessing the boxart is covered in white to block out the Seaside Hill background, to avoid revealing another track.

Though I'm sure Sumo can turn Seaside Hill into an amazing new course, I really wish they went for something a bit different :|

SumoRex confirmed that the background isn't from a track in the game:

• Thumbs Up 2

The reveal trailer for this game did have a "whited out world" for its entire background, so it could just be a homage to that. The box just wants to draw attention to the main feature of the game is all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah. When I think about it, the boxart should focus more on the transforming aspect. It's what makes this game stick out and should get spotlight as the main draw. IMO, most of the character fans would have already found out from a trailer or the net.

Also, Plz Daytona Hornet for comic-con, plz Daytona Hornet for Comi-con...

• Thumbs Up 1

XwF1r.jpg

Not gonna lie, this render of Vyse is a little bit ugly. Surely they can make his face look more anime and cutesy, and put him in a better pose.

SumoRex confirmed that the background isn't from a track in the game:

Thank the lord. Seaside Hill again would be such a wasted opportunity.

As for all these reveals, I hope that you guys don't reveal TOO much before the game comes out...I don't want it to be like Sonic Colours/Generations again.

Edited by KrazyBean

Thank the lord. Seaside Hill again would be such a wasted opportunity.

As for all these reveals, I hope that you guys don't reveal TOO much before the game comes out...I don't want it to be like Sonic Colours/Generations again.

SEGA always reveals everything before their games come out. I don't think the first ASR had anything left to surprise with once it was released.

SEGA always reveals everything before their games come out. I don't think the first ASR had anything left to surprise with once it was released.

All the musics available?The missions?The DLC?

Well to be fair, they don't seem to intentionally release everything, their fans usually do that for them :U

• Thumbs Up 3

Stylistically the box art looks pretty fucking fantastic, I'd love to have the entire artwork in poster form. You guys should totally convince Sega to produce prints and start selling them at Sonic Merchandise. I know I'd buy one in a heart beat.

I have to agree with this. I'd definately consider a poster print of this.

But I've seen this boxart getting some flak. Not to long ago I made a post about how Segas recent boxarts just don't stand out and don't actually advertise the game very well..

Take this boxart and compare it to just about every boxart in the current top 10. It blows them away, it stands out and just makes you want to pick it up. Sometimes I go into game stores and buy games based on the boxart... ok not a very good idea I know, but those artists did something the other games didn't... it made me pick up and look at a game I knew nothing about. You just won half the battle of trying to sell me a game.

• Thumbs Up 9

I liked the boxart! To tell the truth, I liked everything, great job Sumo!

When this game will be available in Brazil?

The game is a huge suprise for me when it was released since I wasn't keeping track of the first game and kept away from all the spoilers.

I really like the boxart in concept too, but I'll admit AiAi looks a little out of place. It's a stroke of genius for portraying the idea of the game, but AiAi is so small I can just hear him yelling "...and there's non-Sonic characters too by the way!" Could have done with maybe one more non-Sonic character, or all Sonic characters with big appearences of non-Sonic ones on the back of the box. I dunno!

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it just me, or does Sonic's brow ridge look weird as hell in 'car mode' on the boxart?

It's like somebody did a quick brush over it in Photoshop to erase it or something.

I agree with Jez. AiAi looks too small and insignificant there. Where's all the other SEGA characters~?

But besides that, it's great and it does stand out a lot! And I'm SO glad to hear that Seaside Hill may not be in this game. God it rivals Green Hill in appearances!

Edited by Gabz Girl

I just had a crazy notion.

What if the reveal that was supposed to happen today...

What if it was Spiderman?

Jesus, just think about that for a minute.

I just had a crazy notion.

What if the reveal that was supposed to happen today...

What if it was Spiderman?

Jesus, just think about that for a minute.

I would be all "GIVE ME MY BLAZE!"

So is there or is there not a reveal? I'm starting to assume that there isn't going to be one...:(

Well there have been new reveals already.

Maybe the reveal *is* the release date in the new vid and box art, which in fairness came as a surprise to me as I've not seen it myself until yesterday! It makes me wonder if some of the unrevealed characters are absent from the image? I really hope it doesn't end up being too crowded if so.

Since I'm not really an official source when it comes to SEGA reveals it should be treated as hearsay anyway!

Edited by SumoRex