Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Urgh, don't like the sound of that.

It sounds fine as a crossover, but it's supposedly Sonic's big game of the year? Turn off right there. That said, the story could offer something, so can't jump straight off.

Never played the first one, so I can't wait to get my hands on this. The graphics are astonishing, and its nice to see so much color and for a game to not be so super realistic for once. Really interested in the Mario Galaxy inspired story, wonder how they're gonna pull that one off.

I don't want a main series game. It's just the fact that a crossover is supposedly the big Sonic game of the year makes me wonder what else is in store for him this year, if anything (aside from Sonic 4: Episode 2).

Edited by VEDJ-F

Banjo-Kazooie better be on, the whole transforming thing applies to them more than any other character! Banjo Pilot and Diddy Kong Racing.

It's a dealbreaker.

Urgh, don't like the sound of that.

It sounds fine as a crossover, but it's supposedly Sonic's big game of the year? Turn off right there. That said, the story could offer something, so can't jump straight off.

We just had Generations x2, preceeded by Colours x2 and Free Riders in the past 2 years. They don't normally do big Sonic games annually, rather every other year. This is one of the other years and so something else has to carry Sonic's name for that time. And this seems more than deserving of that title. It looks like a fantastic game.

As for what else we've had this year- Olympics 3DS and Sonic 4 E2 (which like it or not is a big title). That's plenty.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 8

Like I said before you commented, I don't want a main series game, I just hope to see something else.

Banjo-Kazooie better be on, the whole transforming thing applies to them more than any other character! Banjo Pilot and Diddy Kong Racing.

It's a dealbreaker.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 2

sorry about my huge lists, going too far with fantasy, anyway that's just the "annoucement day" 's excitement. my intent is to share ideas and see how many people enjoy the same character/franchise...having this new water/air/ground mechanic started a gigantic brainstorming in my head.

Anyway, 27 is fine enough, even if it is a "strange" number. Maybe they're not counting Mii/Avatars, so 28 sounds better

I'm mostly curious about this story mode now. Something light like Sonic Riders wouldn't hurt, but without useless plot device or evil schemes. I'd like to see some cameos such as non playable characters who didn't make into the game

speaking about weapons, the only 2 objects I'd like to see brought back are the Confusion Star and the Mega Horn

the upgrade thing is pretty intriguing, I'm curious to see how they will handle it.

well, not counting characters and stages, the things that would make this game shine would be extras like images, franchise's info, video, extra vehicles and a lot more fan service things

So...

I'll take some questions then - but a few ground rules...

1. Can't talk about anything you've not seen. So can't discuss other tracks, characters, modes etc etc etc.

2. I don't have a lot of free time, I'm busy working to get the game done! Be patient, I'll try and answer everything I can, but I do have plenty of other things to keep my busy tongue.png

3. Won't comment on rumours, other than to say some I've seen are quite wrong. You'll have to figure out what I'm talking about in these cases tongue.png

Other than that. Go for it. Maybe you should start a seperate thread about characters. Especially as the roster is locked and no amount of begging, shouting, crying or bribary will have any effect, so you're wasting time doing them in this thread smile.png

---

S0L

---

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed with Banjo-Kazooie. Hahaha. Ew.

They already took Sega out of the title so it would be a little less obnoxious. Not sure I'm ready for that. XP

God please let Banjo on this game, I've been a good boy all year.
Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 3

I really don't care about seeing a third party character that was console exclusive in this game. It's just off-putting.

I'd really just like to see more Sega representation. Give me Ristar, and Vectorman. Vyse is there and I'm hype.

Edited by TheAnvil

SO EXCITED FOR THIS. Sumo and Sega must be really serious about establishing the ASR series as the definitive cart racer for non Nintendo consoles because this game takes racing to the next level. The original had great track design, the cars handled great and was visually stunning. Hopefully this sequel keeps those attributes from the original and the new additions will just make it even more awesome and fun. Also some minor balance issues like the bikes being overpowered thanks to their wheelie boost will hopefully get fixed. I'm really looking forward to racing fellow SSMB members online!

Something that I noticed:

We have 21 characters (Including Metal Sonic) playable in the original

Now if all 21 of those characters were to return this time around, that would mean we would only be seeing 6 new characters

Vyse and Gilius have both been confirmed by the IGN article, and if TSSZ's article has any weight we may also be seeing Ristar and Vectorman (which would make sense seeing as both were highly wanted in the original) leaving 2 open character slots

Now through speculation alone, it's entirely possible that NiGHTS, a character that had an entire movement to get him into the original, may take the 24th slot due to his popularity

As for the final slot, it's possible that that final unlockable, as Carbo pointed out, could be Segata Sanshiro, though at the same time its possible that the final unlockable isn't a character at all, and could be some kind of track, game mode, or option to add to the game.

So at this point, we kinda have an idea of what the roster could look like, though at the same time, its entirely possible that Sumo could drop a few characters from the original, leaving room for even more new characters

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure many of the more obscure or out there characters will step aside for new obscure or out there characters. I could see Chu Chus, Opa Opa and Bonanza Bros being replaced. Sonic's roster might not lose anybody (except for maybe Big) and will probably see more (Rogue, Silver and Blaze).

OH MY GOD.

This looks much better than the last game to the point of me going out and preordering it. I mean, the extra characters, more diverse stages (they look that way from the trailer at least) and transforming vehicles will make this an instant buy for me. And did I hear something about a ranking system and stickers for xp?

Oh and... http://www.metro.co....rview-sega-kart

- There will be nods to a couple racing games such as Outrun and After Burner (not necessarily those two)

- Weapons won't be tied to any specific game, but will try to be more unique than last time

- Single player career mode divided into chapters that will unlock new characters or vehicle mods

- Sumo Producer Joe Neate can't confirm or deny a Wii U version, but thinks it would be great to get on a platform like that

- Remixed music from Richard Jacques

- Gilius Thunderhead transforms his vehicle from turtle to bird to piscine form

You probably know some if not all of this info. But the music being remixed means I might have to buy this soundtrack actually!

Edited by The Kid
  • Thumbs Up 1

You're more concerned with the inclusion of a third party character that has absolutely nothing to do with Sega than anything else?

Well then.