Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I've not seen the movie, but from the trailer (which looks great), Ralph seems to be going to other games to try out his luck! And essentially this is one of the untold ones! I think it's a great twist! It actually makes a lot of sense from a story point of view.

Okay this explaination has made Ralph's inclusion go from "well... that's kinda nice" to "holy shit that's so cool".

• Thumbs Up 4

Nah, SEGA version is better. It's got focus and is eye catching. It's just less colourful than I expected.

And now... a story.

It was a dark and stormy night. Mr S0L Was sitting in his chamber counting all his money, pondering what manner of evil to throw onto the Sonic fanbase.

"Muhahahahaha" Cackled the Sumo developer. "Now, do I release a new boxart with 12 Sonic's on the cover, or should we announce Hannah Montanna as a driver for the next ASR..."

S0L's mind twisted and turned with evil thoughts, just to make the Sonic fans rage. Sipping his beer, the developer came to a decision.

"From now on! All tracks will be Seaside Hill! The only difference shall be the location of whe Whales! And they'll still buy it! THEY'LL BUY THEM ALL!"

Slaming his glass onto the table, the grandfather clock painfully ticked onto midnight, the ringing of it's bell did tremble the developers chambers... when suddenly... there was a knock at the door. S0L looked over at the door and marched over to it. Gripping the tiny handle, he did but turn it's weak orb, the door openely slowly... and... darkness... nothing more.

S0L yelled "Crazy kids! Come around here again and I'll beat you!"

Returning to his beer, the lights flickered, he looked at the energy saving bulb, as he was a resident of the EU, he had no choice but to buy them, it flickered, twice! Followed by a second knock.

"THOUST KNOCKING!" Bellowed S0L "Thoust tormenting knocking!"

Again, darkness at the door, nothing more.

Turning to his chambers, S0L froze, and outline of a purple cat he did see, but he could see through it, this... Big cat... did point at him and moan 'Yooouuuuuu Iizuka killed me....' S0L looked puzzled.

"No! Iizuka is in the other room."

"My mistake" and he did vanish.

But again... Knocking! Louder than before! The room did but shake! S0L grabbed the door handle! Threw it open when he saw it!

524171_10151015034202418_1733878497_n.jpg

Now S0L What exactly happened just before this photo was taken? Were you visited by some spirits or something? Of the non alcohol kind?

• Thumbs Up 5

As long thsi doesn't affect the main roster, i'm fine with it. But it is getting kind of rediculous. I mean i'm looking forward to each anouncement, and so far it has been twice they have me questioning what the real focus actually is. Well I hope this helps sumo more than it goes against em. Best of luck

Edited by Djawed

I know they have to show off the transforming thing on the cover, but I wish they had done it with different racers in different modes. I don't mind Sonic being focused on, but I don't like that there's five Sonics in total on top of that.

524171_10151015034202418_1733878497_n.jpg

Now S0L What exactly happened just before this photo was taken? Were you visited by some spirits or something? Of the non alcohol kind?

LOL - they would go and post that :)

Later one's have TRiPPY in them too :P

It was the VIP room, just before the show. Not a single drink in me then, was just messing about waiting for them to open the doors to Boom :)

See a strange mix of calm over the Ralph announcement, we'll be back to SEGA announcements from here on in (well with one exception, but that's a secret!)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 4

I think it's calm only because most of the info remains Sonic Boom exclusive so fa, and SEGA could be making a bigger deal about Ralph. Seriously, it's beyond brilliant.

Danica, Ralph and one more... dropping SEGA from the title seems like a good move. I hope this game is even more successful than the first, and the series becomes a strong franchise that continues to grow with cameos in the future. ASR is already the best kart racer outside of Mario Kart (and is better than a number of them).

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well one second now...

Didn't S0L mention a Japanese studio that wasn't Sega before. Did we ever find out what this was about?

Danica? Can't be her.

Ralph? Erm... is the annimation studio based in Japan

Would it stand to reason this other character has something to do with this trip?

If not, I'd like it to be James May. The land vehicle is the "HammerHead Eagle iThrust 50" The water is the Archimedes amphibius boat, and the flying thing is the Rocket Reliant Robin that they sent into space!

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought it was all SEGA and people were making a mistake by guessing non-SEGA stuff?

LOL - they would go and post that smile.png

Later one's have TRiPPY in them too tongue.png

It was the VIP room, just before the show. Not a single drink in me then, was just messing about waiting for them to open the doors to Boom smile.png

See a strange mix of calm over the Ralph announcement, we'll be back to SEGA announcements from here on in (well with one exception, but that's a secret!)

---

S0L

---

Hah hah. Man that vid with you and Rich had me whooping and hollering like a demon! Awesome mate!

Wait, what. There will be one more guest char?

MAN. If is the one S0L hinted from Japan.

IT BETTER BE TAKASHI IIZUKA OR SEGATA SANSHIRO!

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

TO THE TEETH-MOBILE~!!

-Takashi Iizuka

More like the dental hygienist.

Sanshiro can't possibly be the guest character, he's an original Sega character.

Sure, he's made in someone's real likeness but that doesn't mean he's an outsider. So the guest character has to be someone else.