Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

that's not necessarily a bad thing though is it Jez? the only thing that won't work in transformed is Boating in a hub (since DKR used hovercraft) unless the Boating was restricted just to water arena's... but then again the Hub might just be like CTR's and just use car mode? i don't know.

Story modes in racing/party games usually suck. Just look at the Sonic Riders series. It tries so hard to connect the areas of one level to the next that it really shouldn't have bothered to be put in. Jak X had a somewhat decent story though.

I dont need much of a story, as I can't see it working out correctly...though it can be very small, like CTR. Heck, when it comes to it I hope this "Adventure mode" is like CTR. I know its been said, but I thought i might as well say I support the Idea. Even if it were small, it adds the sense off adventure and depth in my eyes.

that's not necessarily a bad thing though is it Jez? the only thing that won't work in transformed is Boating in a hub (since DKR used hovercraft) unless the Boating was restricted just to water arena's... but then again the Hub might just be like CTR's and just use car mode? i don't know.

How would it not work? If you go in water, you transform into a boat. Simple as that.

How would it not work? If you go in water, you transform into a boat. Simple as that.

because you need Transform gates to transform? silly

I'm not expecting some sort of story mode because I feel that this game does not even need a story at all. What would be good for me is to have some sort of open world where you would drive around and meet other characters and compete in challenges and puzzles and mini games and all that sort of stuff. Little something like London Party Mode in M&S at the London Olympic Games 2012 not visually but as an idea as to how to get to all different tasks and mini games and stuff if you know what I mean.

I believe this has been mentioned before in the last few posts but I do kinda agree with these ideas. This is something they need to look further into and I think it might work that way. Not saying definite but that's my kind of idea for now.

because you need Transform gates to transform? silly

Put transform gates around the water.

thats what i said, it'd have to be a water based arena with transform gates in ramped places so the boat doesn't get caught on land, or vice versa, unless just for the hub world they have like a system where the game automatically detects Land/Water and transforms automatically without transform gates? it'd probably just work best as car only hub world though, knowing it'd get compared to DKR for having the 3 gameplay types available in the hub world.

that is IF there will be some form of hub world.

Well that makes discussion a whole lot easier! Lol.

All the more curious on what this not-exactly-GP, not-exactly-mission-mode single player game will be then.

i kinda seen this outcome, i mean Sumo are making a racing game at heart and aren't doing some sort of new event where characters interact and talk to each other... hence them re-using voice clips and not a new script just for the game, i think the most we'll see interaction is when they overtake each other and hit each other with items.

:Edit: S0L can you put us out of our misery and tell us if Miku Hatsune will make it into the Roster as a guest?

also is Transformed getting a localization in Japan this time around?

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'll clear this up right now. There is neither a hub or story. You can make your own story up in your head, but if you want an official reason for why everyone is racing together it's 'For Fun!'. Stop overthinking it smile.png

---

S0L

---

They're racing Eggman for fun? That seems odd :S

Edited by Jango

From the audience's perspective.

I'm pretty sure he means "for fun!" in a meta way.

I.e. this game is not part of the Sonic canon.

...It's part of the Wreck-It-Ralph canon. 8D 8D

• Thumbs Up 3

Cool--good to know. When I eventually play Transformed, I'll have little trouble taking it at face value. If I need to let my mind wander...it's NiGHTS' dreamworld. happy.png

I'll level with you guys. I'll probably cry grown-ass man tears if Ryo gets cut, or if Segata Sanshiro doesn't make it in.

Edited by Lobotomy
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'll level with you guys. I'll probably cry grown-ass man tears if Ryo gets cut, or if Segata Sanshiro doesn't make it in.

Let's create lots of banners "I support X characther in Transformed!", yeahh!

i wonder if sega is going to release a demo for this game?

unless they want to do the same mistake like they did with the generations demo from last year.

i wonder if sega is going to release a demo for this game?

unless they want to do the same mistake like they did with the generations demo from last year.

Not sure if you are talking about how they limited the amount of play time for the demo or how the demo got hacked and we found out everything about the game in June. Either way, I would not mind if it happened again. :P

Edited by Unidus

Not sure if you are talking about how they limited the amount of play time for the demo or how the demo got hacked and we found out everything about the game in June. Either way, I would not mind if it happened again. tongue.png

the june part that is what i am ok with but to put a time limit on the demo is a troll move in a way. i am hoping they won't do that for the transformed demo. Edited by banditguy

the june part that is what i am ok with but to put a time limit on the demo is a troll move in a way. i am hoping they won't do that for the transformed demo.

That was a very unusual circumstance. The time limit was there because it was so far in advance of the actual release. We were very lucky that they decided to do that for Sonic's birthday.

The bottom line is that we'll likely get a standard demo for ASRT around the time of release, just like with most games.

• Thumbs Up 2

^^^

Although a time limit ala S4E2 would be a dick move. You get to do almost one lap, or play for 2:00, whichever comes first. Not that that will happen though.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll clear this up right now. There is neither a hub or story. You can make your own story up in your head, but if you want an official reason for why everyone is racing together it's 'For Fun!'. Stop overthinking it smile.png

---

S0L

---

So this "adventure mode" is basically going to just be a glorified mission mode then?