Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I'm letting the side down with lack of answers, so I'll pick some up.

Before I do though, I know we have some dedicated time attackers in here - this might be of interest to you...

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?418413-The-Metal-Force-SSASR-International-Tournament

Anyway, on with the questions...

i kinda seen this outcome, i mean Sumo are making a racing game at heart and aren't doing some sort of new event where characters interact and talk to each other... hence them re-using voice clips and not a new script just for the game, i think the most we'll see interaction is when they overtake each other and hit each other with items.

:Edit: S0L can you put us out of our misery and tell us if Miku Hatsune will make it into the Roster as a guest?

also is Transformed getting a localization in Japan this time around?

We don't do character questions in this thread normally, but I'll make an exception this time. I think it's safe to say Hatsune Miku won't be appearing in Transformed. Whilst she does appear in SEGA games, she's not owned by SEGA, so she's not the character I was referring to as the last non-SEGA one. Sorry!

We are in discussion with SEGA over a Japanese release this time, but nothing confirmed as yet!

Let's create lots of banners "I support X characther in Transformed!", yeahh!

Feel free to do this, but understand it won't make a difference on if they'll appear in game, and not in this thread please :)

i wonder if sega is going to release a demo for this game?

unless they want to do the same mistake like they did with the generations demo from last year.

We will do a demo for the game, but don't hold your breath, we've got plenty of work to do to make sure we hit our dates, so the demo will be closer to release - not next week :P

So this "adventure mode" is basically going to just be a glorified mission mode then?

You'll need to wait and see :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

S0L - I don't know anything of the PS3 version of All-Stars Racing cause I never played it, but it's the version I'm going to get with Transformed.

Can you confirm if the game is going to have an optional soundtrack feature? I'm not talking necessarily about the game having a Wipeout style playlist where you mix your music, but playing music from the XMB/media player. On the 360 this is most of the time in games by default and I used it often while playing the game but on the PS3 it's a feature that needs explicit adding or enabling. Most of Sega's Sonic games have it but it's not a feature available in every Sega game.

I know it might sound like I'm knocking the soundtrack preemptively by asking for that feature but speaking as a music buff I love being able to play some different motivating or inspiring music for different moods every once in a while to games. It amazed me how listening to things like Gorillaz while playing a JSR track brought upon some really fun times.

I just thought... what is happening with the music on the returning tracks? Are they getting new remixes too?

Edited by Clisp

S0L - I don't know anything of the PS3 version of All-Stars Racing cause I never played it, but it's the version I'm going to get with Transformed.

Can you confirm if the game is going to have an optional soundtrack feature? I'm not talking necessarily about the game having a Wipeout style playlist where you mix your music, but playing music from the XMB/media player. On the 360 this is most of the time in games by default and I used it often while playing the game but on the PS3 it's a feature that needs explicit adding or enabling. Most of Sega's Sonic games have it but it's not a feature available in every Sega game.

I know it might sound like I'm knocking the soundtrack preemptively by asking for that feature but speaking as a music buff I love being able to play some different motivating or inspiring music for different moods every once in a while to games. It amazed me how listening to things like Gorillaz while playing a JSR track brought upon some really fun times.

Oh yeah, I want to know about that too, since the game will not feature its own music list like the last ASR.

If memory serves me right, the PS3 version of ASR didn't have it enabled.

I HOPE ASRT has it!

Here's another small detail as a question for you, S0L!

The catcher's mitt. Does it shield you from all sides or does it only shield your back? The announcer says "shield" when you get it so that implies that it protects you from all sides. If that's the case I think it would be more appropriate to have the glove orbit around your car rather than just wiggle side to side at the back of it.

Not been following the game as closely as some of you, but I wondered if any of the info in this Zavvi product description is new or not:

Release Date: 16 November 2012

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is the brilliant racing video game developed by Sumo Digital, and is now brought to you on the Wii U, Nintendo’s innovative gaming platform. This game is the eagerly anticipated sequel to Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, which was released in 2010. Ideal for retro SEGA enthusiasts or fun with family and friends, this graphically overhauled game offers exhilarating co-operative and competitive racing gameplay that can appeal to all ages.

Racing Transformed has, literally, transformed the way Sonic and the Sega All-Stars characters race, as now their karts transform into boats and planes when the terrain gives way to water or air. The tracks themselves are based upon retro Sega games, and they also change; the Panzer Dragoon inspired track Dragon Canyon has a dragon that roams the map and destroys a bridge early on in the race. This therefore forces the players to continue racing around the track either via their planes or boats, and means that every track has endless possibilities and versatility when it comes to gameplay. Each track also has many possible routes to take, including a number of shortcuts to be found throughout, offering a great deal of replayability for each course.

Alongside Sonic, a great deal of new and familiar characters emerge to join in this kart racing frenzy, adding up to 27 characters in total. These range from and include older fan favourites such as Gillius from Golden Axe, Joe Musashi from Shinobi, Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, along with the likes of Tails, Knuckles, and more. Each character’s vehicle handles differently, meaning that who you play best as is entirely up to your own personal playing style. You can perform tricks in every vehicle, which means that the All-Star meter, will fill up the more stylishly and daringly you drive; this leads to gaining experience points, and also your character’s All-Star Move should you fill up the bar, which can also be filled by collecting stars that are littered around the track.

Each course you race through has power-ups that can be found throughout, which can be used to throw off your opponents. These range from snowballs, bees, and also offers a defensive power-up, the baseball mitt, which acts as a shield and absorbs the power-up attacks your opponents throw at you and allows you to use them yourself instead. Super power-ups can be found in various hidden and hard to reach areas within the track, definitely giving you the advantage over the rest of the competition, and meaning that each race can be unique no matter how many times you play.

There is an extensive story mode that features sixteen brand spanking new Sega game-inspired tracks, which allows you to unlock characters as you progress throughout. You also earn points for your chosen character for completing races, which add up into a five rank levelling system, unlocking achievements, perk style vehicle modifications, and more, the more races you complete. These modifications can be equipped to alter the handling characteristics of your favourite character’s vehicle, amongst other things. Racing Transformed also offers overhauled multiplayer modes; whilst there is still the incredibly fun split-screen multiplayer, now there is an enhanced online multiplayer mode. Whilst playing and competing online, online races can support up to eight characters at once per race, ranging from the Grand Prix mode and the competitive Battle Arenas, and allows for new track records to be set.

The wide range of gameplay available within this game means that there is something for every Sega and racing game fan out there to enjoy. Whether playing solo, online, co-operatively or competitively, get stuck in and enjoy drifting round every corner, soaring through Sega’s signature blue skies, or speeding through the waves in a wide range of tracks that offer almost endless replayability.

• Thumbs Up 2

Online Grand Prix? This game just got a whole lot better. Would make it easier to organize friend races too.

Release Date: 16 November 2012

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is the brilliant racing video game developed by Sumo Digital, and is now brought to you on the Wii U, Nintendo’s innovative gaming platform. This game is the eagerly anticipated sequel to Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, which was released in 2010. Ideal for retro SEGA enthusiasts or fun with family and friends, this graphically overhauled game offers exhilarating co-operative and competitive racing gameplay that can appeal to all ages.

Racing Transformed has, literally, transformed the way Sonic and the Sega All-Stars characters race, as now their karts transform into boats and planes when the terrain gives way to water or air. The tracks themselves are based upon retro Sega games, and they also change; the Panzer Dragoon inspired track Dragon Canyon has a dragon that roams the map and destroys a bridge early on in the race. This therefore forces the players to continue racing around the track either via their planes or boats, and means that every track has endless possibilities and versatility when it comes to gameplay. Each track also has many possible routes to take, including a number of shortcuts to be found throughout, offering a great deal of replayability for each course.

Alongside Sonic, a great deal of new and familiar characters emerge to join in this kart racing frenzy, adding up to 27 characters in total. These range from and include older fan favourites such as Gillius from Golden Axe, Joe Musashi from Shinobi, Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, along with the likes of Tails, Knuckles, and more. Each character’s vehicle handles differently, meaning that who you play best as is entirely up to your own personal playing style. You can perform tricks in every vehicle, which means that the All-Star meter, will fill up the more stylishly and daringly you drive; this leads to gaining experience points, and also your character’s All-Star Move should you fill up the bar, which can also be filled by collecting stars that are littered around the track.

Each course you race through has power-ups that can be found throughout, which can be used to throw off your opponents. These range from snowballs, bees, and also offers a defensive power-up, the baseball mitt, which acts as a shield and absorbs the power-up attacks your opponents throw at you and allows you to use them yourself instead. Super power-ups can be found in various hidden and hard to reach areas within the track, definitely giving you the advantage over the rest of the competition, and meaning that each race can be unique no matter how many times you play.

There is an extensive story mode that features sixteen brand spanking new Sega game-inspired tracks, which allows you to unlock characters as you progress throughout. You also earn points for your chosen character for completing races, which add up into a five rank levelling system, unlocking achievements, perk style vehicle modifications, and more, the more races you complete. These modifications can be equipped to alter the handling characteristics of your favourite character’s vehicle, amongst other things. Racing Transformed also offers overhauled multiplayer modes; whilst there is still the incredibly fun split-screen multiplayer, now there is an enhanced online multiplayer mode. Whilst playing and competing online, online races can support up to eight characters at once per race, ranging from the Grand Prix mode and the competitive Battle Arenas, and allows for new track records to be set.

The wide range of gameplay available within this game means that there is something for every Sega and racing game fan out there to enjoy. Whether playing solo, online, co-operatively or competitively, get stuck in and enjoy drifting round every corner, soaring through Sega’s signature blue skies, or speeding through the waves in a wide range of tracks that offer almost endless replayability.

I see it, I see it, what you did thereeeee! Anyway, these are great news, now we can say the game will have 27 chars + the 3 guests biggrin.png C'mon November, hurry up!

Edited by Jango

Oh no, please don't tie an epically impossible trophy to the online grand prix!

I see it, I see it, what you did thereeeee! Anyway, these are great news, now we can say the game will have 27 chars + the 3 guests biggrin.png C'mon November, hurry up!

Looks like Chip is going to playable. Lolno

Edited by Winston
  • Thumbs Up 1

Still no Screens or Media of the 3DS version, though I'm buying the PS3 game I also want to see if the 3DS game is worth pciking up -.-

Looks like Chip is going to playable. Lolno

I think it all comes down to: (this is just speculation of what I have observed from that small quote ("endless possibilities"))

-Professor Pickle

- Chip

-The Ice Cream Guy (yeah, right)

- The Hot Dog Guy (even more of a longshot)

-The werehog (which wouldn't make sense)

- Dark Gaia creatures/enemies (that would be kinda different)

-Egg fighter... I'm just gonna stop there.

I think it all comes down to: (this is just speculation of what I have observed from that small quote ("endless possibilities"))

-Professor Pickle

- Chip

-The Ice Cream Guy (yeah, right)

- The Hot Dog Guy (even more of a longshot)

-The werehog (which wouldn't make sense)

- Dark Gaia creatures/enemies (that would be kinda different)

-Egg fighter... I'm just gonna stop there.

Or we could just have an Unleashed based track with all/most of them making a cameo (starts off in the day and eventually becomes night)

• Thumbs Up 4

Simple mistake, I'm sure. At this stage, SEGA probably doesn't know when the Wii U is releasing.

Will there be anything Phantasy Star-related in this game? Seeing as how they're nodding to other SEGA stuff, and seriously PS needs more love. Even something in the background of a stage would be nice. (Wasnt Ristar in the Death egg hanger??)

Also, why not give Tails the Tornado? (been wondering that since the first game) I mean hell it even has a kart/plane mode already.

Edited by KT <3

SUMO said something about redoing everyone's car for the sake of variety. That, and it looks like hovering land vehicles aren't going to happen; maybe they're saving that for air mode.

This might be a given for the Wii U, but I'll ask generally as well, can you confirm whether Wii U/PS3/3DS/Vita will have motion control for those so inclined?

This might be a given for the Wii U, but I'll ask generally as well, can you confirm whether Wii U/PS3/3DS/Vita will have motion control for those so inclined?

The Xbox might also if it supports Kinect. Although it will probably be broken to no end if they did that.

I would like to know this, too. I think PS3's a given, because the first game supported Sixaxis steering and even had a bundle with the PS3's officially licensed wheel attachment.

I would like to know this, too. I think PS3's a given, because the first game supported Sixaxis steering and even had a bundle with the PS3's officially licensed wheel attachment.

Yeah I thought so. I was a little concerned because at SoS I asked one of the ASRT staff if the demo had motion control and he had a brief moment of "OH GOD THEY DIDN'T PREPARE ME FOR THIS" face before confirming no. I used to play with sixaxis on the original so I'd like to know (if it releases much later on Wii U I'll settle for the PS3 version at release).

Edited by JezMM

and he had a brief moment of "OH GOD THEY DIDN'T PREPARE ME FOR THIS" face before confirming no.

I love it when that happens. It lets you know your asking the right questions

>=D

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1