Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Well, this is coming out on iOS and 3DS/Vita right? I expect those to be the ones to have less characters, which is similar to what occured with the last game. 29 characters on those platforms would push the memory considerably I should think.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's some of the post you missed that I think is interesting, Autosaver.

Playable choices doesn't necessarily equal drivers either. Not as we're talking passengers or hood ornaments, counting those would indeed be cheap, but you know this is game all about transformation, we are doing things with the vehicles that we've not shown you, that are going to really surprise you.

So yes I get that it's fun to debate who is right and who is wrong, but at the end of the day, you can measure what's there in loads of different ways. Across all the playable vehicles, there are currently more than 90 different forms (as each vehicle has a land, air and sea mode + you've not seen anything on the All-Stars...) and who said each vehicle was limited to a single driver... Or indeed vehicle type per surface.

Wait and see. This is why whenever you ask us anywhere, we can't give you a straight answer. Well that and the NDA's.

Incidentally, Joe and Derek would never have a fight, but Joe would clearly win in a drinking contest :)

---

S0L

---

The Xbox version of the game just seems to be there from what i can see. Most people are focusing on the PS3,WIIU and 3ds versions and Xbox doesn't seem to be getting any special attention.

The Xbox version of the game just seems to be there from what i can see. Most people are focusing on the PS3,WIIU and 3ds versions and Xbox doesn't seem to be getting any special attention.

I haven't seen anyone here focusing too much attention on any version(s). Press-wise, the PS3 version has been getting all of the attention because that's the one SEGA and Sumo Digital are showing and giving hands-on time with.

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't seen anyone here focusing too much attention on any version(s). Press-wise, the PS3 version has been getting all of the attention because that's the one SEGA and Sumo are showing and giving hands-on time with.

Just in general from what i've seen. It just seems like it's going to be the "basic" version of the game.

Just in general from what i've seen. It just seems like it's going to be the "basic" version of the game.

I expect it will get its fair share of exclusives. The Xbox 360 got the most exclusives last time with the Avatars and Banjo-Kazooie.

So yes I get that it's fun to debate who is right and who is wrong' date=' but at the end of the day, you can measure what's there in loads of different ways. Across all the playable vehicles, there are currently more than 90 different forms (as each vehicle has a land, air and sea mode + you've not seen anything on the All-Stars...) and [b']who said each vehicle was limited to a single driver... Or indeed vehicle type per surface.

That idea for a Chaotix mobile with each Chaotix member driving on each terrain is now totally valid :U

I expect it will get its fair share of exclusives. The Xbox 360 got the most exclusives last time with the Avatars and Banjo-Kazooie.

I guess. but if banjo isn't in, then who would microsoft get? not many microsoft sega exclusive characters I could see working. And last time, nota lot of game companies wanted there character represented in the game.

I guess. but if banjo isn't in, then who would microsoft get? not many microsoft sega exclusive characters I could see working. And last time, nota lot of game companies wanted there character represented in the game.

After how well the last game's sold, I'm sure platform holders and third parties are more willing now. With the different vehicle types, even Master Chief would work now.

welp.

i'm officially stumped on what Sumo are actually doing, the more i read the TSS article, the more i get confused on what they're doing with the game and the racers, but it seems like more console exclusive shit, why am i not surprised?

You know what could get me to buy the game instantly? GUN Truck Confirmed. :D

Anyways, this is a way to easy money. You can argue that it's for the sake of variety but I'd rather everyone get the same expirience. It seems fair...

I have a bad feeling the three main guest characters are gonna be seperated. Ralph for Wii U + 3DS(as it is the most 'family'-ish console and he has that type of appeal), Danica for Xbox 360 (as she is a real racer and Xbox seems to have tons of racing games), ??? for PS3 + vita.

If this ever happens, I'd kinda flip tables... but I'll buy the PS3 version first. Maybe 6 months later, I might get the Wii U version.

EDIT : I think PC will go along with Xbox 360, and if there is a Mac release, it will just follow the PC.

Edited by Faseeh

The idea of Sega characters being exclusive and/or absent from any single version of the game pisses me right the fuck off, if I'll be honest.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes, it is an outrage if it's true. But I'll wait until we get a better explanation from the Sumo guys.

All the Sega characters should be playable on all the major platforms. The idea of a character I want going to a system I don't own makes me want to explode with rage. That is unacceptable.

You can't just arbitrarily go "oh we're making (this character) exclusive to the PS3 for no reason". That's the easiest way to make your customers hate you. I mean Banjo at least has a logical reason to be exclusive to the 360, being a Microsoft-owned property.

Calm down guys. Let's wait until we hear from S0L or Rex before we jump in to conclusions and get mad at them for nothing.

• Thumbs Up 3

I am sorry but one or two characters not being available in a version of the game is not a good enough reason to buy another copy on a different platform/device. SASRT better be under £40.00/$50.00.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Yes, I think we should keep calm. S0L may simply mean that certain Sega characters get excluded on the handheld versions for memory reasons. I'll accept it if it's a logical reason like that. But if it's something dumb like "Ristar is PS3 exclusive just because"?

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well the last time this happened, the PS3 version ended up being cheaper than the others... so if one version has more content than the others, I guess that'll happen this time around right? Right? ... ... anyone?

Also you know what I was wondering today.

Jazwares are making the ASRT toys, any chance we'll see a Danica toy?

Yeah I'm guessing it's just covering for portable versions with the SEGA characters thing.

Though still slightly surprised considering they were saying the engine is way more scalable this time.

Well the last time this happened, the PS3 version ended up being cheaper than the others... so if one version has more content than the others, I guess that'll happen this time around right? Right? ... ... anyone?

Also you know what I was wondering today.

Jazwares are making the ASRT toys, any chance we'll see a Danica toy?

Any chance we'll see gameplay of Danica Patrick before November?

Better yet, I wonder if there is any chance that we will get to see a trailer with all star moves; that would be pretty sick!

Edited by Unidus

Any chance we'll see gameplay of Danica Patrick before November?

She'll start driving the SART car at the O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge on November 3rd. I think it's a logical marketing strategy to reveal her in a commercial during that race.

What are you guys talking about? S0L's post at the SEGA Forums explains it all clearly.

• 29 characters total
  • No single version has all 29
  • Some platforms have low 20's, while some have high 20's.
  • Some platforms have characters that are unique to that platform.
  • Some are SEGA characters, some aren't.

meerkat.jpg

Sonic and Not-All Stars Cash Cow Racing Transformed.

Haha, you're so funny. No not really. You've made a joke like that when Wreck it Ralph is announced. It's getting old.

Edited by sonfan1984