Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

You know, this really is the best way to go about it when it comes to crossover games like these. Ryota Niitsuma from Capcom pretty much said himself during the making of Marvel vs Capcom 3 that deconfirming characters leaves the rest of the roster guessable as as process of elimination, which is why he doesn't like doing it. It's a good example which I think is well to keep in mind, and not just because you manage to avoid drama.

Considering the way things keep going here, I'd say that should be reason alone. Eesh.

Why on earth would you buy a game, especially a racer like this if you're not even going to try any of the other characters?

Well, if he wants to get all the achievements/trophies, I'd imagine he'd have to use different racers, eventually. That is if it is possible to earn all of the trophies/achievements this time... wink.png

Edited by Ethan Thomas
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why on earth would you buy a game, especially a racer like this if you're not even going to try any of the other characters?

I didn't say I wouldn't try any of the other characters. There's just no amount of SEGA characters that they could add that would interest me if they cut him. Especially considering how awesome the characters were on the first game. I'm a lifelong SEGA fan, but I'm an even bigger BK fan.

It's not even as if all the characters from the last game are back.

Edited by TheAnvil

I said this earlier in the thread, but Donkey Kong Universe.

I know, but if you asked a 8 or 9 year old who Toejam & Earl are, 9 times out of 10 they would say they have no idea who they are.

You can say that about pretty much the whole non-Sonic cast xP

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't say I wouldn't try any of the other characters. There's just no amount of SEGA characters that they could add that would interest me if they cut him. Especially considering how awesome the characters were on the first game. I'm a lifelong SEGA fan, but I'm an even bigger BK fan.

It's not even as if all the characters from the last game are back.

But... it's a SEGA game. Banjo was a nice extra to those who bought the 360 version, but that's all he was. Despite him being on the box, that doesn't make the first game any less of a SEGA title- it isn't Banjo & Some Jokers That S0L Met Down The Pub Racing y'know.

Admittedly the sequel has dropped the SEGA part, but the title would have been even more of a mouthful had they not removed it.

I guess what I'm saying is that the game would have been, and will be (in the case of Transformed) just as fantastic without Banjo's inclusion.

Edited by ProfessorZolo
  • Thumbs Up 1

No S0L, I certainly don't think you're a d-word just because you didn't include my favorite and most wished-for character. I for one fully respect your decision. You end up putting in other characters I'm not particularly fond of, like Ecco or Bean the Dynamite? That's also fine. It's your choice to make and always has been.

I'm interested to see who you've put in his stead.

• Thumbs Up 3

People have actually been calling you names over Vectorman not being playable, S0L? That's just pathetic.

People have actually been calling you names over Vectorman not being playable, S0L? That's just pathetic.

Wait, people have been doing that?...I can't really even say how stupid that is.

• Thumbs Up 6

With how certain fans tend to act with crossover works like this, I'm not the least bit surprised by this. It is rather pathetic...

I don't want to sound negative, but what S0L has said seems to pretty much deconfirm Ristar too. As much as I (and almost everyone else on this board) would love for Ristar to be in the game, the reality is he is just too old and obscure. Now I'm not saying it isn't possible, but judging by how old his game is and his obscurity, it just seems unlikely at this point. Though his more kid-friendly appeal makes him more likely than other old and obscure characters.

I really wouldn't pay much attention to what SOL said with regards to the obscurity/age of Vectorman being a factor for why he isn't in. He's just trying to come up with as many excuses as possible to try and calm down the upset fans. It isn't true. Perhaps other parts of that post he made is true, but I know for a fact that that part of his post was a complete lie. All you have to do to know this is look at who else is in the roster. Both in the first game and this game. Plenty of characters kids aren't going to know. Hell, I'm 22 and there were a great many characters in the first game I didn't know. Vectorman isn't playable and I'm sure Sumo have their reasons, but I guarantee you that it isn't because he's too obscure. Hell, the Vectorman games have been in multiple Sega collections over the years so it's not like Vectorman has been completely absent from modern titles.

To be honest I don't really care if Vectorman isn't in the game though. I was never a fan of the Vectorman games anyway. But the point is that you must not count out any games/characters you might want to see represented based on what SOL said about Vectorman. Come on, the first game included Bonanza Bros for crying out loud! I hardly think age or obscurity is that big a deal.

but I know for a fact that that part of his post was a complete lie.

I know for a fact that part of his post was a complete lie... here is my speculation as to why.

Any chance you could provide the facts now?

I know for a fact that part of his post was a complete lie... here is my speculation as to why.

Any chance you could provide the facts now?

Alex Kidd, Opa Opa, Ulala, Bonanza Bros, Zobio & Zobiko, Vyse. How are those for facts? Do I really need to go on? Using logic you can come to a factual conclusion. Using logic based on other characters included in both ASR games, it's pretty damn obvious that Vectorman not being included has nothing to do with his obscurity.

Logic, my friend. Logic. I use that instead of believing every bit of PR a Sumo representative chooses to feed us.

I can't blame S0L; I wouldn't want to "deconfirm" anyone else either if the audience began acting like a bunch of deranged animals whenever they heard that their character would not be in the game. Seriously, how ungrateful is it for these 'fans' to react in such a way when S0L is going out of his way to do something in their favor?

Edited by Ethan Thomas
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alex Kidd, Opa Opa, Ulala, Bonanza Bros, Zobio & Zobiko, Vyse. How are those for facts? Do I really need to go on? Using logic you can come to a factual conclusion. Using logic based on other characters included in both ASR games, it's pretty damn obvious that Vectorman not being included has nothing to do with his obscurity.

Logic isn't facts, logic is reasoning based on the evidence at hand, and right now your evidence is speculation. Majority of which is based on the previous game as apposed to anything that one could claim is as you say 'someone lying' which if you're going to do is quite the claim and usually one should have something pretty good to back it up as apposed to 'ah well the last game proves this wrong' when it doesn't at all.

For example, I could logically state that every stage will have a playable character from the said world, I could base that claim based on how every stage so far (I think) has a playable character for it, however that isn't a fact for the final game as I don't know what all the stages or characters are.

Facts would be things like 'here is the character roster list' or 'here is the final charater selection screen from the game.' Not, 'here is a list of characters from the last game.' which is why is disproves the said claim.

Logic, my friend. Logic. I use that instead of believing every bit of PR a Sumo representative chooses to feed us

You don't have anything to actually prove whats being said isn't correct do you?

I really don't get this whole outraged nature some people have, S0L and REX are doing their best to answer questions for people, they can't outrightly say what is or isn't in the game since they're bound by various NDA's and various other announcement dates. And it's not like everybody isn't aware of this. Just, I dunno give em a break?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, if there's DLC for this game I can only hope Vectorman is chosen then. They probably understand that certain characters would be an extended cash cow for this game.

Edited by PsychoJosh

That's the reason why sometimes I don't like crossovers cause people rage and throw silly temper tantrums when their favorite character(s) isn't in it. This is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by sonfan1984

Wait, Vectorman really isn't in?

tumblr_m48tmtvsTl1rpysf2.gif

Oh well. At least I have Joe Musashi.

Edited by Solkia-kun

Wait, Vectorman really isn't in?

tumblr_m48tmtvsTl1rpysf2.gif

Yeah... sad.png

First, we're making a game for a modern day gaming audience. As much as we like to include older characters and references for fans, we have a limited ability to do this as we're making a modern game to appeal to a modern audience. There is a good chance that many players of the game wouldn't have even been born when the final Vectorman game came out. Don't forget the character hasn't been the main star of a game since the Megadrive/Genesis era...

So wait, Vectorman's too old, but Golden Axe isn't? There are licensing problems, but he might cameo in the game anyway?

...well, whatever you say, S0L.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Yeah... sad.png

So wait, Vectorman's too old, but Golden Axe isn't? There are licensing problems, but he might cameo in the game anyway?

Oh well, whatever you say, S0L.

Golden Axe had an Xbox 360 and PS3 game, which Gillius was in.

I don't understand what licensing would have to do with it, hasn't BlueSky Software been shutdown since 2001? Can a company that no longer exists still have the license?

Vecotrman isn't neccessarily too old, it's probably more a case of "there are so many old characters we can't fit them all in, and we weren't happy with how Vectorman would play". It's not hard to make sense of.

• Thumbs Up 6

Vecotrman isn't neccessarily too old, it's probably more a case of "there are so many old characters we can't fit them all in, and we weren't happy with how Vectorman would play". It's not hard to make sense of.

This is another part I don't get.

This is another part I don't get.

Keeping true to his character would see him in motorbike form, and neither Sumo or fans were happy with bikes in the original. So rather than change him, they went elsewhere for ideas. He's not in, and yes that may well be a shame. Can we just get over it please?

• Thumbs Up 5