Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

This is another part I don't get.

This means they couldn't think of any ideas for Vectorman to play that they liked, or that stayed true to the character.

Edited by Andrew GarFred
  • Thumbs Up 2

Keeping true to his character would see him in motorbike form,

The thing about him is that he can transform into ANYTHING. He can transform into a buggy, or a tank. And he would necessarily have to transform into a boat and a jet, neither of which he's ever done in his games.

I mean I understand that he's not in the game, I just wish they wouldn't fabricate excuses like this one... just be up front about it, Sumo didn't plan for him to be in the game, that's all that needs to be said.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Well they can only add so many obscure characters until they draw line anyway. If one has a lot of issues while another doesn't, it makes sense to go with the latter.

I'm excited to see who they chose from the Megadrive era, now that they've mentioned it...

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread.

Edited by Lungo

Alright! S0L! I wasn't being sarcastic. You have your reasons and I accept them, is what I meant when I said "whatever you say". Of course I have questions, but I don't mean to slide them under your fingernails. I suppose I am a little indignant about this news, it is gnawing on me a bit. But I'm sorry that came off differently. I understand that you're working hard on this. I don't want to be misunderstood as ungrateful. All I said was that I just find a few of the reasons you gave for VM's exclusion to be disingenuous.

I'm not crying over it, that would be pointless.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Hey S0L... There are a few things that disappointed me from the reveals so far, but I'll let you know the work you put in the characters, vehicles, courses, is nothing short of mindblowing, and I can see this game being the best kart racer ever.

I appreciate what you guys do, coming out here to answer the fans even though you're not required to, I really respect that. Keep up the good work.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think those Genesis IP's are rubbing off on S0L. He's got that 90's SEGA swagger going haha.

I do have another question for S0L though, when this game does ship in a few months, will you stick around for a week or two to answer a few post-release questions? or should we expect you to disappear in a haze of celebratory parting. lol

I think those Genesis IP's are rubbing off on S0L. He's got that 90's SEGA swagger going haha.

I do have another question for S0L though, when this game does ship in a few months, will you stick around for a week or two to answer a few post-release questions? or should we expect you to disappear in a haze of celebratory parting. lol

We'll stick around. :)

I imagine there'll be a few post release questions... (lol)

• Thumbs Up 6

I wanna call SOL a "D-word" too!

-Dedicated!-

He (he I assume?) takes his own time to come here and give us some info on the game when he really doesn't have to and people act like this?

Honestly people here should really think about the game makers and the process that they go through to bring us these great games before brattily claiming hate for them not putting your favourite character in their game.

That being said I would LOVE any kind of Nack the Weasel/Fang the sniper reference (preferably playable ;) ) *wink wink* but I'm not gonna go about calling people names if he isn't in the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wanna call SOL a "D-word" too!

-Dedicated!-

He (he I assume?) takes his own time to come here and give us some info on the game when he really doesn't have to and people act like this?

Honestly people here should really think about the game makers and the process that they go through to bring us these great games before brattily claiming hate for them not putting your favourite character in their game.

That being said I would LOVE any kind of Nack the Weasel/Fang the sniper reference (preferably playable wink.png ) *wink wink* but I'm not gonna go about calling people names if he isn't in the game.

This picture still fascinates me. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/galapagosturtle/alt/nackweaselallstarsracing.png

Who is Fang/Nack even owned by?

Yes the first game was pretty amazing and this one looks so much more so; pity some people have to use their internet anonymity to act like jerks. I greatly appreciate SOL and Sumo giving us the info they do.

On another topic, I just 'ordered' the game from Amazon, which for some reason has it marked as 'Out of Stock' rather than 'Not yet Released'. I assume they'll send me a note in a few days telling me they can't give me a ship date, then a second one saying they can't get any info on it. Unless of course there was some secret release date that SOL forgot to mention . . .tongue.png

Sega. He's at least definitely theirs unlike the likes of Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll (who seem to be in more of a grey area; specifically, they're owned by Sega but Jazwares claimed that Sega rejected them on the grounds of being not Sonic Team's business).

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 2

SEGA. There's always been rumours that he and Mighty belong to someone else, and there's absolutely no proof for this. In fact, the opposite exists. SEGA still use Nack through Game Gear re-releases, included both in a poll at the launch of Channel and gave both a cameo in Generations. SEGA don't use him in new games because they don't want to.

This is the only article relating to the rumour there is. Despite the fact it's a TSSZ article, the rumour actually started on, as stated in the text, the old SSMB.

The rumour has existed since the days I used to browse Sonic Cult before when Heroes was new. Regardless, dumb rumour is dumb and we should get back on topic.

It's funny that the original ASR is now on mobile devices and is comparable to the console versions in term of content, when to begin with we only had this Gameloft version:

caspersonic.png

Ghost Sonic power up?

I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing how ASRT holds up on the less powerful systems this time. The DS version last time was an admirable effort, though not quite as good as the console version because of some of the gameplay differences.

"When the game hits the shelves". Sounds good to me. I always screw my own surprise element by watching gameplays, leaks and news before the game releases. But I only do this because I can't afford buying a US$100 (yes, that's the price of a new game here...) game and don't like it. So I'll stick here watching every reveal and every gameplay, if I don't like it, no more raging, I'll just not buy it wink.png

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bonus Edition alert!

http://blogs.sega.co...tion-announced/

OutRun Bay track + Metal Sonic confirmed as exclusive extras for this edition.

FUCK YEAH!

News it naow!!!

EDIT:

Oh, it looks like Europe is getting a 'Limited Edition', with more details to be announced soon. Hope it has the same stuff.

There will be Limited Edition for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed in Europe. More details will follow soon.

There will be Limited Edition for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed in Europe. More details will follow soon.

Sounds like Europe's will be different.