Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Well, that's my day made.

... I wonder how much better Europes Limited Edition will be. Oh come on. You know it will happen *points at Colours, Generations, Classic Collection, Bayonetta and all the various bonus packs SEGA has given us*

• Thumbs Up 3

I wish we knew how much this new Bonus edition is gonna cost.

Nothing extra according to Amazon.com.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/07/amazon-com-outs-sasr-transformed-bonus-edition-and-world-tour-mode/

Weird that SEGA doesn't mention or show a 3DS version, considering Amazon is listing a 3DS Bonus Edition.

Awesome! I wonder how the OutRun track will turn out, I'm sure it will be just as amazing as the other tracks shown so far. It will be cool to see what Metal Sonic's vehicle looks like too. I'm also curious as to what those emoticon stickers are, sounds interesting. Also, why is this game only $40? I'm not complaining, I just think this game definitely deserves to be a $60 game. Oh well, I guess it'll definitely be the best brand new $40 game I've ever bought.

Edited by Jason777123

Im getting any extra possible if available on steam. Steam missed out on the metal sonic content previously :

• Thumbs Up 1

OutRun track, holy mama, this is awesome! I'll consider getting this Bonus Edition, if I decided to buy the game 'till its launch smile.png

Edited by Jango

I kinda wish they gave some footage/screenshots of Metal Sonic and the OutRun course, though this still is some great news all the same.

So these in game stickers. Will they be like the m&s Olympic stickers? Perhaps this is how more IPs will slip in, like a Vectorman sticker.

So once again, thanks for the kind words. I know we have a lot of support, not just in here but from the SEGA community at large. Just sometimes, a man has to vent (especially after a few jars!).

Alright! S0L! I wasn't being sarcastic. You have your reasons and I accept them, is what I meant when I said "whatever you say". Of course I have questions, but I don't mean to slide them under your fingernails. I suppose I am a little indignant about this news, it is gnawing on me a bit. But I'm sorry that came off differently. I understand that you're working hard on this. I don't want to be misunderstood as ungrateful. All I said was that I just find a few of the reasons you gave for VM's exclusion to be disingenuous.

I'm not crying over it, that would be pointless.

Actually, I might have misread your post and been a bit unfair to you Josh. You need to learn to use a few smileys perhaps! Anyway, we're cool!

I think those Genesis IP's are rubbing off on S0L. He's got that 90's SEGA swagger going haha.

I do have another question for S0L though, when this game does ship in a few months, will you stick around for a week or two to answer a few post-release questions? or should we expect you to disappear in a haze of celebratory parting. lol

I like to think we did a good job of sticking around after the game shipped last time, I couldn't go online and play it without being invited into a game. So yeah, we'll be having a break and recharging our batteries once it's done, but we'll be around once the game hits the shelves.

Yes the first game was pretty amazing and this one looks so much more so; pity some people have to use their internet anonymity to act like jerks. I greatly appreciate SOL and Sumo giving us the info they do.

On another topic, I just 'ordered' the game from Amazon, which for some reason has it marked as 'Out of Stock' rather than 'Not yet Released'. I assume they'll send me a note in a few days telling me they can't give me a ship date, then a second one saying they can't get any info on it. Unless of course there was some secret release date that SOL forgot to mention . . .tongue.png

You mean you didn't already recieve the game? It came out last week...

...kidding :)

We're still on track for a 16th Nov ship in Europe, and 20th Nov ship in the US. Don't ask me why they're different, that's one for SEGA!

Bonus Edition alert!

http://blogs.sega.co...tion-announced/

OutRun Bay track + Metal Sonic confirmed as exclusive extras for this edition.

See, I told you we'd have a reveal today :)

Awesome! I wonder how the OutRun track will turn out, I'm sure it will be just as amazing as the other tracks shown so far. It will be cool to see what Metal Sonic's vehicle looks like too. I'm also curious as to what those emoticon stickers are, sounds interesting. Also, why is this game only $40? I'm not complaining, I just think this game definitely deserves to be a $60 game. Oh well, I guess it'll definitely be the best brand new $40 game I've ever bought.

I've had a look around and there aren't any shots out, but expect them soon. We've seen the Bonus Edition placard, it has a shots of all the Metal Sonic vehicle types and a shot of the OutRun track. You'll need to wait for SEGA to post it, we're not allowed, but I think you'll be happy.

Which is a change from yesterday eh? :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 6

Hopefully the Steam release will get Metal Sonic and the Outrun track at some point. Obviously I don't care about collectors stuff because I'm getting a digital copy, but I hope PC users aren't getting less content.

Metal's back, eh? Great news! I hope he doesn't look quite as... derpy... as he did last time, but still, great news!

I have a question, actually- You've mentioned a third guest character lately. Now, I know you can't talk about specifics, and I'm not asking for those, but what I would like to know is this:

Given the general feedback you've gotten from the Danica and Ralph reveals, how do you think the fans will react to the eventual reveal of the third guest?

Oh, and also, I had a friend who did some testing for you guys a few weeks back, and he asked you to sign a copy of ASR for him- I'm the guy he asked about the signing for. Thanks so much for that! biggrin.png

Edited by ProfessorZolo

Will the PC, 3DS and Wii U versions not be getting a Bonus Edition then, S0L? Amazon.com lists a 3DS Bonus Edition.

Will the PC, 3DS and Wii U versions not be getting a Bonus Edition then, S0L? Amazon.com lists a 3DS Bonus Edition.

Europe is getting a Limited Edition of sorts. Past games would tell us to expect something better. Seriously.

ooooh my goooooood!! OutRun track! i could cry tears of joy!

and metal is returning in a better vehicle!? *squeeeeeeeee!*

Are we talking about an actual "Europe" Limited Edition here or an "this will only be released in the UK and possibly maybe Germany, Italy and France and absolutely nowhere else" Limited Edition? Because I was completely bummed with how Sega handled Sonic Generations.

• Thumbs Up 5

Nothing extra according to Amazon.com.

http://www.sonicstad...orld-tour-mode/

Weird that SEGA doesn't mention or show a 3DS version, considering Amazon is listing a 3DS Bonus Edition.

In that case, do you think that the "Bonus Edition" is, possibly, a pre-order deal? I, for one, find it very interesting that it would cost the same amount as the regular version... On that subject, if there are gonna be any preorder bonuses, I wonder what they will be. :P

Europe is getting a Limited Edition of sorts. Past games would tell us to expect something better. Seriously.

I know. I was just wondering if those 3 versions are being left out. If they are, then I expect they will be left out with Europe's Limited Edition, too.

Welp, I can handle not getting the bonus edition if the bonuses are an Outrun track and Metal Sonic. Hopefully it means that the demand, and thus the price, of the standard version goes down.

Please don't give the EU limited edition to Argos.

Please pass this note on to SEGA, S0L! PLEASE!

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait... Is the pre-order version with Metal Sonic and OutRun only limited to Europe?

To North America at the moment. Europe is getting a Limited Edition, but we don't know what that includes yet.