Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

To North America at the moment. Europe is getting a Limited Edition, but we don't know what that includes yet.

wait.. North America only!? please say it isn't so! ;-;

So USA gets Metal Sonic and something from OutRun? Sounds cool to me, well, the Metal Sonic part does atleast...I don't know much about OutRun.

SEGA have only announced the "Bonus Edition" for North America. Within the same blog update, they said that Europe will also be getting a Limited Edition that they have yet to spill the beans on. I guess it will include Metal and the OutRun track, if not more.

I'm intrigued by the wording of Metal Sonic reveal: "Mod pack". Sounds like Metal is going to be riding a sort of modified Sonic car, sort of like how we have both NiGHTS and Reala in the game that are very similar vehicles. S0Ls wording of how many characters will be in from a short while ago adds to this...hmm..I could be far off but either way I'm liking the sound of all these surprises in store..

Also Outrun track hell yeah! I loved when Outrun was featured in Superstar tennis and was hoping we would see the franchise return this time around. Glad to hear it's a 17th track too, can not wait to see (and HEAR, oh my word new Outrun remixes yes please) footage of it. Also looking forward to hearing about this limited edition for us Europeans.

*coughcough*DaytonaUSAreptooplease*cough*

Edited by theGagaman

Question: is Metal Sonic a modification or upgrade of Sonic's car? I know part additions and mods were mentioned in product descriptions. So does this mean it's an alternate skin for Sonic or is Metal his own separate entity?

I just assumed they were trying to be clever because he's a robot and it's just a normal DLC character.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure which one I am more stoked about.

A 17th stage that guarantee's an epic soundtrack, or the return of Metal Head to the racing ranks! Alright, this game just keeps continuing to impress. ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

An Outrun Track and Metal Sonic? it's a great day.

Wooo! I can't wait to hear what the Limited Edition is like.

I'll clear a few up as the blog post has caused some confusion!

Please pass this note on to SEGA, S0L! PLEASE!

This is way out of my hands! We just make the games, SEGA decide how and where to sell them. I'll mention it, that's all I can do!

Relax, as far as I know this isn't North America only :)

Question: is Metal Sonic a modification or upgrade of Sonic's car? I know part additions and mods were mentioned in product descriptions. So does this mean it's an alternate skin for Sonic or is Metal his own separate entity?

Its a full character and a whole set of vehicles for him, not a reskinned Sonic. The mods are something else, can't talk about those right now.

No PC bonus edition?

As far as I know, its all platforms. Give it a day for them to get some shots out!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess the 'mod pack' for Metal Sonic would be because he's not part of the game normally, so you can't unlock mods for his vehicles the same way you unlock them for everyone else?

I got a question for SOL. Will Transformed have a feature to change online lobby leaders if you want to leave the lobby you created but want someone else to lead so others can keep on keep playing? I don't think the original had anything like that and I was wondering if Transformed will.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Had a missed called from an unknown number this morning... Text it asking who it was and got the reply 'Steve Lycett at Sumo Digital wanting to talk to you about your Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed entry!'

Turns out I placed 3rd in the competition and my design will be featured in the Graffiti City stage! Omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Spin the beat, Professor J! That is soooooooo awesome, man! Is it classified, or can we see your graphic? :)

Edited by Ethan Thomas

Spin the beat, Professor J! That is soooooooo awesome, man! Is it classified, or can we see your graphic? smile.png

can't show it till SEGA give him permission after the game's release basically.

Had a missed called from an unknown number this morning... Text it asking who it was and got the reply 'Steve Lycett at Sumo Digital wanting to talk to you about your Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed entry!'

Turns out I placed 3rd in the competition and my design will be featured in the Graffiti City stage! Omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

If you could hear someone going "YAAAAAYYYYYYY!" in the background, that was me! :)

• Thumbs Up 4

This picture still fascinates me. http://i2.photobucke...starsracing.png

Who is Fang/Nack even owned by?

That pic is made by somebody on Deviantart, and also AWESOME!

Shows what SEGA could give us if they too wanted to be awesome and have Nack/Fang back in the games/a game.

Pretty sure he's owned by SEGA, don't let the rumors of him not be sway you, I mean why else would he be allowed to be used in the Archie comics which get their character usage rights from SEGA?

Holy crap...congratulations I guess! :)

Edited by KrazyBean

I am not too sure if this has been asked before but I've got to ask this: The last time we had a theme song to the game, will we have one this time around and will it be publicized through adverts and trailers? O.O

I am not too sure if this has been asked before but I've got to ask this: The last time we had a theme song to the game, will we have one this time around and will it be publicized through adverts and trailers? O.O

Oooh, would be interested to know about this too, thoguh time will tell regardless. "So Much More" was kind of pointless in the original. You got to hear a short exert during the awards ceremony, and the song in full during the credits. But it had nothing to do with the game or any of the series in the slightest! I wasn't a fan.

I'm already too used to the instrumental version of Promises to actually feel like we need anything else.

Probably won't be in the game though, unless they licensed it which would have been swell.

• Thumbs Up 1