Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I have a small question,

I know you guys are trying to keep the game balanced, but how come you had to outright get rid of vehicles like motorcycles/bikes?

Wouldn't it have been better to find ways to balance the vehicles themselves instead of getting rid of them completely? It just seems limiting.

Oh man, I was imagining Metal Sonic riding a sort of modified Tails' rocket from Sonic 4, that would be perfectly trollish and amazing.

I have a small question,

I know you guys are trying to keep the game balanced, but how come you had to outright get rid of vehicles like motorcycles/bikes?

Wouldn't it have been better to find ways to balance the vehicles themselves instead of getting rid of them completely? It just seems limiting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bikes were generally overpowered too, Shadow especially.

• Thumbs Up 1

in a long run to the finish line a car and a bike are neck and neck with no power ups to aid them, they're both going the same speed so there's possibly no way one could beat the other... unless the bike had a trump card up it's sleeve, that trump card being a wheelie boost.

bike wins.

car player is left feeling cheated and angry.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 1

Which is why I said, why didn't they just balance the vehicles generally so things like that wouldn't happen?

And I think if the motorcycles/bikes are able to exploit the tracks, then that should be a problem addressed in the first place.

Please tell me Metal Sonic and Outrun will be DLC later on. I don't like it when these editions have exclusive content.

Please tell me Metal Sonic and Outrun will be DLC later on. I don't like it when these editions have exclusive content.

What's stopping you from getting the Bonus Edition? It's pretty damn cheap right now on Amazon. You might find it cheaper still once other retailers start listing it.

What's stopping you from getting the Bonus Edition? It's pretty damn cheap right now on Amazon. You might find it cheaper still once other retailers start listing it.

I think PSI Fire might have been under the impression that there may be multiple editions with different content.

The bikes were pretty much light-weight cars. It's like Diddy Kong Racing, pick anything but a light-weight and you lose. Easiest way to balance them would to have drifting and turning become a lot more harder to perform and it'd have also stayed more realistic in that regard.

Bikes are for mainstream scum anyway. Ace Ventura in Monster Truck for DLC.

• Thumbs Up 8

I just want to know if Amazon ships to Brazil then, or if eStarland is already taking pre-orders of the BE. Even if SEGA releases the game here, I'll not buying it, since it will cost more or less US$150.

Maybe he can't get it when it comes out.

Let's clear some up then!

I got a question for SOL. Will Transformed have a feature to change online lobby leaders if you want to leave the lobby you created but want someone else to lead so others can keep on keep playing? I don't think the original had anything like that and I was wondering if Transformed will.

That's known as Host Migration. If the Host quits either in the lobby or in-game, then the software chooses a new host and it carries on. This is something we didn't have, and are in the process of getting in. Not going to promise it will be there on all platforms (as they all have different networking code and systems) but we'll do our best tongue.png

can't show it till SEGA give him permission after the game's release basically.

Actually, he can show his art, but not any in-game shots he may get that have his art in them...

I am not too sure if this has been asked before but I've got to ask this: The last time we had a theme song to the game, will we have one this time around and will it be publicized through adverts and trailers? O.O

Nope, we did that as a one off last time as I'd bumped into Bentley at Summer of Sonic and we worked together to get a theme track in. As this game is all original music (or at least remixes and re-engineered music!) we're trying to get one whole consistant set all the way through.

I have a small question,

Bikes are out for a couple of reasons. First to reduce the advantage they had last time of being able to squeeze through tight gaps and be hard to hit with non-homing weapons. This is especially important when it comes to the air sections as there is plenty of free space.

Second, the whole transformation aspect requires vehicles to have a certain volume, so we've got places to store and hide wings. Well in most cases smile.png

Which is why I said, why didn't they just balance the vehicles generally so things like that wouldn't happen?

And I think if the motorcycles/bikes are able to exploit the tracks, then that should be a problem addressed in the first place.

Balancing a game is HARD. Especially when you've got multiple characters, varying sizes, stats that differ and more. Especially when the design team add wheelie boosts to bikes at the last minute and you don't get time to tune them properly. That and I'm a biker, so it always seemed OK to me anyway tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 7

Is there anything you can tell us about the 3DS and PS Vita versions of the game, S0L and SumoRex?

As creators, what has it been like to work with these systems and their many many features?

Will these versions differ much from their console counterparts?

• Thumbs Up 1

So someone on Reddit asked what good racing games are there for the iOS platform, and I said ASR. Hours later, an ASR racing dev (is working on Transformed now!) commented and then I added him as a friend.

Apparently he has a account here now with 0 posts - he goes by the name "Crunkyball". He also has an account on the SEGA Forum named Redneon but he said he hasn't been on there in a while. Before anyone thinks I'm pulling anything, I'll post our pms. I hope he doesn't mind, nothing sensitive.

2ez386t.png

That's really freaking awesome, Prof J!

Will SEGA officially reveal the winning graffiti art in the near future? I'm curious to see what people have made.

can I ask a question to SUMO?

I keep bringing back in discussion Ash from Hell Yeah...can u tell me if this character is owned by SEGA or not? if not I'll stop hoping for him tongue.png

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

Looks brilliant Professor J. It looks like something officialy done by SEGA. Congrats to you smile.png

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Heh. Might as well make this my first post, eh? wink.png