Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

What's up SoL and SumoRex, got a question that I don't think anyone has asked yet. Right so there was a trick system in ASR where if you pressed a button while in the air the vehicle spins and I noticed in the NiGHTS trailer that this is still in the game but is it still activated in the same way? I am hoping that the tricks are more difficult to pull off and there are different ones you can pull off depending on what button combinations you press. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

What's up SoL and SumoRex, got a question that I don't think anyone has asked yet. Right so there was a trick system in ASR where if you pressed a button while in the air the vehicle spins and I noticed in the NiGHTS trailer that this is still in the game but is it still activated in the same way? I am hoping that the tricks are more difficult to pull off and there are different ones you can pull off depending on what button combinations you press. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

I can answer this, having played the demo build at Summer of Sonic.

The trick system has received an overhaul, making it simpler, and also adding an element of skill to how you use it. To trick, you push a direction on the right thumbstick to roll. This is especially noticeable in the flying sections (where I was all over the place, curse you Golden Axe themed level). The roll physically moves your vehicle in the direction you push, so you can avoid hazards or try and ram competitors.

I'm not sure if it works while you're in car form though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure if it works while you're in car form though.

i played the build too, and you can trick as a Car although landing it is a lot harder than the previous game, but you can't ram another racer whilst on the ground.

• Thumbs Up 1

580815_10151057918307418_1068186573_n.jpg

Closer look at Tail's vehicle, clearly inspiration was taken from Tail's Sonic Drift vehicle, looks awesome.

549609_10151037980332418_79698740_n.jpg

Also Amigo's steam train looks pretty radical.

• Thumbs Up 3

Let's clear some up then!

Is there anything you can tell us about the 3DS and PS Vita versions of the game, S0L and SumoRex?

As creators, what has it been like to work with these systems and their many many features?

Will these versions differ much from their console counterparts?

• Thumbs Up 5

You now what? Amigo's car looked like it was plucked straight from the world of the Clockwork Knight games.

• Thumbs Up 2

Remember, the first rule of fight club is... tongue.png

Well aware. That private message posting proves that ;) Besides, I love my job. I'm more than happy to leave the announcements to Sega :D

Heh. Might as well make this my first post, eh? wink.png

Welcomes.

Anyone else think we should have a SUMO group on SSMB?

• Thumbs Up 4

Welcomes.

Anyone else think we should have a SUMO group on SSMB?

Yes! Make it happen, SSMB Admins.

• Thumbs Up 1

You now what? Amigo's car looked like it was plucked straight from the world of the Clockwork Knight games.

It even has the wind up key on the back of it, I'll be super happy if it rotates when the vehicle is in motion.

You know, that's actually quite dangerous. Most people will say things in a private conversation that they probably wouldn't in a public one. I'm sure you all recall the early 'rumours' about 3DS, Vita and WiiU, and they were the result of a conversation someone thought they were having in private. That could have cost that person their job...

People like Rex and myself are very, very careful about what we say (and in some cases, who we trust with PM's and emails) but as we're pretty senior, we'd likely get off with a very slapped wrist at worst. Other staff at SUMO and SEGA are not that senior and could face far worse, so please, if you have a conversation in private ALWAYS check it's OK to make it public.

To be fair, the PM has nothing sensitive and only consisted of "I work at Sumo, I worked on ASR/Transformed, I have an account on SSMB".

If it did have something revealing like a secret character then I would post it on here keep it a secret.

To be fair, the PM has nothing sensitive and only consisted of "I work at Sumo, I worked on ASR/Transformed, I have an account on SSMB".

If it did have something revealing like a secret character then I would post it on here keep it a secret.

I don't know how you handle this sort of stuff personally, but I would think it's rude to share "private" conversation with others without consulting the other. Obviously it's better to indicate on a good friend wether he will mind or not, but even though it's great crunkyBall joined the conversation, it would have been nicer if you asked him first perhaps. But that's just me so don't take it the wrong way ^^ Edited by Djawed

He seemed pretty nice on the chat, and it didn't seem like the person that would care from posting a tiny "friendly" conversation. But yeah, I normally don't post private conversations and I only posted it here to back up my post that I wasn't joking around. I'm sure the big problem people have with posting PMs if it deals with secret information or contents that someone wouldn't want others to know. In fact, that conversation could have easily passed as a generic public conversation and I only pm'd him because we were getting off topic.

Edit: Since it hasn't been said yet, it was foolish of me to post it without asking and I'm sorry for posting it. Even if you're not fussed with it, this still has to be said.

Now to get back on topic.

How would you guys feel if there were Cameo characters that were interacting with the environment. For example, Ristar could be swinging across in certain areas and a Sonic character could be doing running around on the sides. The ideas here could be endless. Think of All Stars Tennis and then think of Super Smash Bros Brawl. Both games had Sonic characters in the background. For Brawl, we had the occasional "Tails runs though the loop!".

I'm not so sure if it could be done, but it would be nice to give some life to the bystanders. It would be a lot of fun to see someone from the Jet Set Radio series spraying graffiti on a wall or Blaze running along.

Edited by Autosaver

He seemed pretty nice on the chat, and it didn't seem like the person that would care from posting a tiny "friendly" conversation. But yeah, I normally don't post private conversations and I only posted it here to back up my post that I wasn't joking around. I'm sure the big problem people have with posting PMs if it deals with secret information or contents that someone wouldn't want others to know. In fact, that conversation could have easily passed as a generic public conversation and I only pm'd him because we were getting off topic.

Honestly, I'm not fussed that you posted our conversation. It's not my place to go revealing details about the game so it's all public knowledge anyway, as far as I'm concerned :) That being said, I would have appreciated being asked (even if I would have said "no problem" anyway) ;) But like you said, it's off topic. So back to talking about how awesome this game's going to be :D

• Thumbs Up 3

Now to get back on topic.

How would you guys feel if there were Cameo characters that were interacting with the environment. For example, Ristar could be swinging across in certain areas and a Sonic character could be doing running around on the sides. The ideas here could be endless. Think of All Stars Tennis and then think of Super Smash Bros Brawl. Both games had Sonic characters in the background. For Brawl, we had the occasional "Tails runs though the loop!".

I'm not so sure if it could be done, but it would be nice to give some life to the bystanders. It would be a lot of fun to see someone from the Jet Set Radio series spraying graffiti on a wall or Blaze running along.

End of the day, I'm attempting to look after my team - hence the 'Please check first' mentality. Sometimes even the most innocent comment can sometimes cause trouble. I mean look at the fun I had with earlier this week with de-confirms...!

On the cameo point, it's quite funny. We've put them in the previous two games, and this one will be no exception. That's part of the fun! So yes, expect more of this, it's something we're trying to push a little further this time.

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 9

On the cameo point, it's quite funny. We've put them in the previous two games, and this one will be no exception. That's part of the fun! So yes, expect more of this, it's something we're trying to push a little further this time.

Have any of the Cameos been revealed yet? Or the details of them? Or is this still a surprise?

Can't wait.

I'm more interested in seeing what metal's vehicle looks like and seeing what the outrun track looks like.

Totally forgot about the bonus edition. I'm sure screens will be posted soon. Don't they usually show off bonus content in special editions? Though, that could be any day up until release.

Edited by Autosaver

Amazon seems to be exceedingly confused - or else SEGA is working off a different calendar than Sumo:

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on August 01, 2012 :

"Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition"

Estimated arrival date: August 20, 2012 - August 27, 2012

"Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition"

Estimated arrival date: August 20, 2012 - August 27, 2012

I'm more interested in seeing what metal's vehicle looks like and seeing what the outrun track looks like.

Edited by Jango

OutRun is something I was expecting and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it, like nostalgic. Since I never own a Super NES, OutRun was the Genesis Top Gear. You can expect beaches, landscapes at the sunset, mountain regions.

know what OutRun is like, its my favourite arcade racer EVER, but OutRun is an Point A to Point B experience, nothing lap wise, wondering if they'll stick to check point laps like classic OutRun style, or work a plethora of stage changes into one lap, replicating the OutRun experience, say jumping from a sandy, sunny beach, to a a wet track nightfall neon city and so on.

Edited by Jango

Did you guys read the PR?

It says right there its the Bay Area, which is a San Francisco-ish stage..

Edited by AngryBitter