Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

oh, i was looking forward to a whole level shift change in the race to different places like in the actual OutRun :( oh well, at least it's getting some screen time and love in the game ^_^

Uhm, bikes are out as SoL says... less chances to get Jack Cayman or Bayonetta to me, but well, all can happen.

Anyway here's my questions to SoL:

-with Reala and Eggman, now we have 2 major villains from SEGA (in the first one, other than Eggman, maybe the Bonanza Bros. coud have considered villains, byut not too much): is that somehow related to the story mode?

-without giving away names or games of origin, we have to expect more villains other than protagonists?

Well i always wanted to see Bayonetta in Enzo's car haha, but if she does make it in, it'll probably be a car built around her, probably something to do with Umbran designs and butterflies my guess would be, who knows?

i wanted Splash Wave too, or Risky Ride!

Damn. Was hoping for Splash Wave.

i wanted Splash Wave too, or Risky Ride!

Again, why are you two acting like Splash Wave was ruled out?

i'm not ruling it out, was just expressing how i want to hear Richard remix Splash Wave.

it probably will be SW or Magical Sound Shower, since they seem to be the most memorable and fan favourites.

Uhm, bikes are out as SoL says... less chances to get Jack Cayman or Bayonetta to me, but well, all can happen.

Anyway here's my questions to SoL:

-with Reala and Eggman, now we have 2 major villains from SEGA (in the first one, other than Eggman, maybe the Bonanza Bros. coud have considered villains, byut not too much): is that somehow related to the story mode?

-without giving away names or games of origin, we have to expect more villains other than protagonists?

SoL or whoever has pretty much come right out and said that there will be no story. Way to miss an opportunity. I wanted to see Metal and Reala fuck shit up together.

SoL or whoever has pretty much come right out and said that there will be no story. Way to miss an opportunity. I wanted to see Metal and Reala fuck shit up together.

Seems unlikely to me that metal would appear in story mode anyways, since he is bonus content (Not unless another story were to come with the bonus content)

Evening!

Amazon seems to be exceedingly confused - or else SEGA is working off a different calendar than Sumo:

I hope you've got everything finished, SOL! They're shipping it in out 2 weeks! . . . Does this mean we'll get a SASRT & Knuckles in six months to hold all the levels that aren't actually done and ready to be played? (Well, not Knux, he's already in it. SASRT & Vectorman? He seems to be popular.)

Needless to say (if this weren't the internet), I do NOT believe this is correct. I have a feeling the people actually working on the game probably know the release date better than an online retailer. I just think it's funny - it does remind one of SEGA's history of shipping games based on deadline rather than completeness.

Clearly Amazon is wrong :) I'll point SEGA at that. Release date is still 16th Nov in Europe, 20th Nov in the US.

OutRun is something I was expecting and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it, like nostalgic. Since I never own a Super NES, OutRun was the Genesis Top Gear. You can expect beaches, landscapes at the sunset, mountain regions.

Oh, and I hope they're remixing this music smile.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W71gye7KSOM&feature=relmfu

Also S0L or Rex, will the PS3 version of the game feature custom soundtrack (playing music from the console's HD)? Most of the Xbox games already feature that as standard, but only some "X" PS3 games features it and I really hope that was in the works smile.png

OutRun track does indeed have remixed music, not saying which of the classic 3 tracks we've done though :P

We'll more than likely not support Custom Soundtracks, mostly as we've spent ages on making new interactive music, but also as it's a bit of a pain to put in anyway!

Did you guys read the PR?

It says right there its the Bay Area, which is a San Francisco-ish stage..

Actually it's not based on Bay Area, but instead Sunny Beach. SEGA decided to call the track 'OutRun Bay' so people wouldn't get confused which game it was based on, but it'll always be Sunny Beach to me.

Did they confirm otherwise or even say anything about the music?

Nope, we didn't :)

Yep, there is no story. When you deal with so many IP's it gets real interesting making a story you can get everyone on board with. Plus if it winds up with rendered footage, it costs a fortune. We spent that money instead making a really cool and fun game. You can make up any story you like if it helps :P

Have they said anything about additional characters being made available later as DLC?

Nope, but there is a debate on whether we can even do this on certain platforms. My advice, get the Bonus/Limited Edition if you want the extra content, as I can't promise it'll be available on everything down the line...!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 7

@S0L

I wasn't necessarily talking about the pre-order stuff. If I get the game I'll pre-order it/get the bonus one anyway. I was wondering if there will be any actual additional content like Metal Sonic was last time.

This of course all rides on whether Banjo-Kazooie are on :P.

Nope, but there is a debate on whether we can even do this on certain platforms. My advice, get the Bonus/Limited Edition if you want the extra content, as I can't promise it'll be available on everything down the line...!

---

S0L

---

All platforms support DLC though, don't they? Even the 3DS does. I guess the big problem would be that it would likely have to be custom-made for the 3DS (and maybe the PS Vita), though, which would cost more money to make too.

Actually it's not based on Bay Area, but instead Sunny Beach. SEGA decided to call the track 'OutRun Bay' so people wouldn't get confused which game it was based on, but it'll always be Sunny Beach to me.

(by S0L)

I have a good feeling about a Splash wave remix! Hells yeah!

Edited by Ethan Thomas

All platforms support DLC though, don't they? Even the 3DS does. I guess the big problem would be that it would likely have to be custom-made for the 3DS (and maybe the PS Vita), though, which would cost more money to make too.

Now I'm really curious about whatever we're getting here in Europe. I want SEGA to tell us what this limited edition is already!

Yep, there is no story. When you deal with so many IP's it gets real interesting making a story you can get everyone on board with. Plus if it winds up with rendered footage, it costs a fortune. We spent that money instead making a really cool and fun game. You can make up any story you like if it helps tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Well, it's strange since i remember the advertisement saying the opposite; my mistake. But the first game was good enough without it, i can live with this.

Edited by Teoskaven

Now I'm really curious about whatever we're getting here in Europe. I want SEGA to tell us what this limited edition is already!

My guess:

Plastic transforming steering peripheral

:P

• Thumbs Up 1

I wanted to ask you S0L, even if I understand if you can't answer for spoilers and whatnot, I wanted to know if there's ANYTHING from Sonic Colours ingame. Even if it's music, hell even a track.

I know you won't be able to answer that though. :P

---

Is it gonna be 1:1 remake of Sunny Beach or will modify/add some stuff in?

Also, does it contain transformations or is it just Land like the 4 retro tracks?

@S0L

I wasn't necessarily talking about the pre-order stuff. If I get the game I'll pre-order it/get the bonus one anyway. I was wondering if there will be any actual additional content like Metal Sonic was last time.

This of course all rides on whether Banjo-Kazooie are on tongue.png.

Ah right! Too early to say, we've built the game with DLC in mind, but that doesn't mean it will happen!

Don't forget that one of our platforms isn't released yet... Or indeed has a release date! Will it have a e-store day one? I don't know the answer hence I can't promise it will be there then or later...

S0L, do you mean that you do not plan on creating remixes of music for future all stars games? The soundtrack for this game is actually one of the aspects of the game that I am anticipating the most.

Not sure where you got that from! I said we probably won't support custom soundtracks, not that we'll not do remixes. That's off in the future, I'm just worrying about getting this game out for the moment!

I wanted to ask you S0L, even if I understand if you can't answer for spoilers and whatnot, I wanted to know if there's ANYTHING from Sonic Colours ingame. Even if it's music, hell even a track.

I know you won't be able to answer that though. tongue.png

See the first post. If it isn't announced I can't confirm it. You'll have to wait see!

Is it gonna be 1:1 remake of Sunny Beach or will modify/add some stuff in?

Also, does it contain transformations or is it just Land like the 4 retro tracks?

Its modified, has to be, our handling is OutRun-esque, but different enough. Plus we have water section. Its a full new track for the game, plus we've updated it for proper HD graphics and all that smile.png

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 5

I have one more little question. In the 360 version of the previous game, Banjo did not compete as an AI racer in single player mode until an update was put out. Since Metal will be DLC and not part of the original game build, will this happen with him as well?

Edited by Ethan Thomas

We'll more than likely not support Custom Soundtracks, mostly as we've spent ages on making new interactive music, but also as it's a bit of a pain to put in anyway!

I know you guys are working hard and I'm not questioning that, I want to hear the remixes so bad, but still, put a custom soundtrack option is a big addition, since the Xbox version will have it naturaly...

Edited by Jango

S0L, I noticed that you said that there were going to be 3 songs remixed for the OutRun Bay track. Is this a standard for each course or does it vary between each one?

..Uh guys, be warned if you have the mentality of DLC being released down the line. I know games that were hindered DLC because it was a promotional incentive for preorders and it never made it down to DLC. (Final Fantasy, Sonic Generations, etc) So just be warned if you're going to wait. I'm sure SEGA/Sumo appreciate it if you preorder it now, ha ha!

Huh? I thought Xbox 360 supported Custom Soundtracks through its OS, not the games?