Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Huh? I thought Xbox 360 supported Custom Soundtracks through its OS, not the games?

IIRC, it's a default feature on 360 but you have to build it into PS3 game specifically.

S0L, I noticed that you said that there were going to be 3 songs remixed for the OutRun Bay track. Is this a standard for each course or does it vary between each one?

I think he means that the 3 songs will all be transitioned into one song; like it the Nights track:

(Starts at 2:39)

(first transition 3:07)

(second transition 3:42)

(third transition 4:22)

Edited by Ethan Thomas

Don't forget that one of our platforms isn't released yet... Or indeed has a release date! Will it have a e-store day one? I don't know the answer hence I can't promise it will be there then or later...

Nintendo has said e-shop will be available from day one, I believe.

S0L, I noticed that you said that there were going to be 3 songs remixed for the OutRun Bay track. Is this a standard for each course or does it vary between each one?

he said he's not sure which of the 3 OutRun songs to remix, not all 3 of them. you know? probably Passing Breeze, Splash Wave or Magical Sound Shower

he said he's not sure which of the 3 OutRun songs to remix, not all 3 of them. you know? probably Passing Breeze, Splash Wave or Magical Sound Shower

What about Risky Ride? My favourite OutRun song.

its my favourite too, but Risky Ride isn't part of the 3 original songs that debuted in the Original OutRun, just Passing Breeze, Splash Wave & Magical Sound Shower are considered the series classic staple songs.

Hey S0L now that i've thought about it... will the OutRun track have vehicle obstacles driving around the track? and will it have rival Ferrari racers that you can pass? that would be pretty sweet i must admit...

Let's clear some up then!

I have one more little question. In the 360 version of the previous game, Banjo did not compete as an AI racer in single player mode until an update was put out. Since Metal will be DLC and not part of the original game build, will this happen with him as well?

That update did a few things, but yeah, we put Banjo in as an AI racer (it was actually a bug). Not made the call with Metal Sonic yet, but if it makes sense, you'll see him in the pack as an AI racer. Ask me in a couple of months :P

First, what I said was I wasn't confirming which of the classic OutRun 3 tracks we have remixed for that track. Everyone seems to have misread that! Music varies from track to track though, sometimes it's 3, sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less. What I can say is in terms of individual assets, this has been the biggest music job yet, purely down to the interactive nature. I can't remember off the top of my head the total amount of music tracks we've got from the source games!

Nintendo has said e-shop will be available from day one, I believe.

Maybe, but when is day 1 :)

What about Risky Ride? My favourite OutRun song.

Sadly not, as with all things we pick the iconic parts of an IP, and whilst I also love Risky Ride, we're going with the one or more of the classic tunes.

Is this game going to have the "UNLOCK EVERYTHING $5" DLC again?

tongue.png

Not sure at the moment. I personally wasn't that keen on it, but I know there are players out there who just love to get everything up front. Really a SEGA call this one.

Hey S0L now that i've thought about it... will the OutRun track have vehicle obstacles driving around the track? and will it have rival Ferrari racers that you can pass? that would be pretty sweet i must admit...

Unlikely to have Ferrari's in there so don't get your hopes up. Bear in mind the license for that isn't cheap...! Might have traffic in providing we can get it to play nice over the network...!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 5

Watching that NiGHTs footage again, I understand it's a work in progress, but will NiGHT's and Reala's eyes blink or move? They look lifeless.

Edited by PSI Fire

Watching that NiGHTs footage again, I understand it's a work in progress, but will NiGHT's and Reala's eyes blink or move? They look lifeless.

Can't wait to do some spins while flying with NiGHTS, like the good old days smile.png

Edited by Jango

rumcuq.jpg

Look what you've done to our fanbase, Steve...

Anyway, I was just wondering if you're able to tell us what timeframe you'll reveal Banjo and Kazooie Mega Man (as a comic crossover tie-in) the last guest character. I'm just itchin' to know how much longer of a wait this is gonna be.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man that picture is so true. Thats what you get when a game is driven by passion.

Edited by Djawed
  • Thumbs Up 1

passion, and nostalgia that spans past Green Hill Zone.

giving other SEGA IP's a chance to shine instead of Sonic Hedge-HOGGING all the screentime.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait, was that Metal Harbor I saw?!...or something else.

Edited by Loser Weirdo Waluigi
  • Thumbs Up 1

1st: OMG AFTERBURNER

2nd: heh probably Skies of Arcadia

3rd: Samba de Amigo... Called it

4th: Looks to be Colors mish-mash

That's a pretty good reveal.

Edited by FourCartridge

Holy crap! Did not expect that one at all. Though it's not just that one stage you mentioned Tracker, I'm pretty sure that there was another location from that game in there.

Starlight Carnival and Asteroid Coaster

It would make sense considering that this time around we're not getting specific stages, but instead series themes. A truly wonderful choice though. Kudos.

Hey Lycett, was that a Black Knight track I spotted? It looked like how Camelot looked when Merlina went all evil

Edited by PSI Fire

Nice to see the Modern Sonic Games getting love in ASRT! And I really like the quick form changes in the Afterburner track!

Also, why are people saying

It's a mishmash Colours track? All I saw was Starlight Carnival.

Edited by Chaos Warp

I saw a roller coaster track with some asteroids late in the vid. If that's not Asteroid Coaster, I don't know what is.