Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I will no longer be purchasing this game.

B-b-but you must, how else will I mop the floor with you in Online versus mode?

There will be in time. The main thing right now is we're in the process of getting the framerate right. It looks very pretty, but it's not running at full speed. Since we might need to pull back on things visually to increase the framerate, we don't want to show you anything that's misleading. Patience

I was wondering about this because the videos shown had a bunch of detail and I swear I saw the frame rate jiggle a bit. It must be tough handling everything going on at once.

Maybe Blaze as a secret character?

2cx6jar.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Now who told you that...?

We're trying as always to bring what we can down to the handhelds. Right now they're all based on the same versions of the tracks.

We've got slightly more than the 2048 polys we had on DS smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to be clear, as far as we know the Bonus/Limited Edition version will be on all platforms. Not sure why it's not out there yet - there's probably a good reason, but again, relax. Breathe out, it will all be fine smile.png

---

S0L

---

Whoa..whoa..whoa..double billing this game in that case!

No more sonic characters?..least we got shadow I guess..I'm hoping starlight carnival has ships attacking/flying through instead of just asteroid everywhere..the first sonic level i'm looking forward to but hopefully not the last.

Maybe Blaze as a secret character?

I think S0L made it clear that there will be no more Sonic characters, you should let it go now...

Already deconfirmed as we've shown all the playable Sonic characters in the game.

Edited by C.J

Is the Wii U version easier to work with (concerning the Frame Rate problems?). I know you said it is supposed to be on par or even better than the PS3 version, but that is expected from multiplatform games. We don't know if there is extra power available that can make frame cutting areas easier to run on the U.

S0L will there ever be a time in the game where the skeleton for each character can be seen other than when they're electrocuted?

I'm still wondering about those skeletons... Do Metal and NiGHTS have 'em too? Because, well, Metal Sonic's a robot and NiGHTS... kinda is the car, so...?

And what about time based easter eggs, like playing on Christmas gives everyone a santa hat, or setting the clock back to the 1970's gives everyone those trousers? Has anything like that been considered for the game?

• Thumbs Up 1

Where are the news from Gamescom?

I dont know why the critics are focusing more LittleBigPlanet Karting.....Sonic Transformed is much better!

I dont know why the critics are focusing more LittleBigPlanet Karting.....Sonic Transformed is much better!

SEGA was only at Gamescom for Rome 2, AFAIK. Kinda dissapointed, but eh.

That's debatable really...but I agree with you. I'm guessing that SEGA didn't bring ASRT to Gamescom, that's why.

Think positive people: there's not so much time left and they have to reveal almost all features of the game before it's release (usually a month-2 weeks before), so relax.

Let's clean some up then!

Is the Wii U version easier to work with (concerning the Frame Rate problems?). I know you said it is supposed to be on par or even better than the PS3 version, but that is expected from multiplatform games. We don't know if there is extra power available that can make frame cutting areas easier to run on the U.

That's not a straight forward question to answer :)

First I can't talk about the hardware, it's not our decision to talk about specifications and what it can and can't do, we'll very much leave that one for Nintendo. But, we've got the game running just as well as the other platforms and this is in a machine that is really new to us. We've been working with Xbox360 and PS3 now for almost 7 years, the fact in way less time than that, we have the game up and running and comparable already... Well. Draw your own conclusions.

S0L will there ever be a time in the game where the skeleton for each character can be seen other than when they're electrocuted?

Maybe, who can say :P

I'm still wondering about those skeletons... Do Metal and NiGHTS have 'em too? Because, well, Metal Sonic's a robot and NiGHTS... kinda is the car, so...?

And what about time based easter eggs, like playing on Christmas gives everyone a santa hat, or setting the clock back to the 1970's gives everyone those trousers? Has anything like that been considered for the game?

Again, you'll need to wait and see! Can't we have any suprises for when the game ships! LOL!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 3

they have to reveal almost all features of the game before it's release (usually a month-2 weeks before), so relax.

Uh, do they? I thought they could afford to keep some things under wraps.

Games this days have less if non secrets/unlockable things than before, so i'm positive about my statement.

They might have a couple things that aren't revealed such as cameos, but the bigger things will most likely get revealed such as Characters, Tracks, Modes, etc.

Talking about costume unlockables, even if they didn't happen, S0L, I still want to see the classic Sonic concept you told me about some time ago XD

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't asked Sol any questions yet so I'll give it a go, obviously by my icon I like Puyo Puyo, now I know you can't say much about character inclusion or stage inclusion etc etc. But I was wondering, you guys have said you looked deep into Sega's vault of older obscure games, but haven't said to much about Sega's more recent but not "Worldly" popular games like Puyo Puyo.

Now I know not to expect Arle,Amitie, and Ringo in some wacky car as playble characters (I would sssoooo love that though XP) but I wanted to ask did you guys at Sumo ever consider using games like Puyo to create unique items?

The first games items were kinda....meh and I'm pretty sure it was said we'd be getting similar items, I just want to know if the idea was ever brought to the table, like a Puyo item that sticks to a car and slows you down ever so slightly and if you collect four on your car you spin out.

....Sooooo any chance of Puyo something in this game? XP

I haven't asked Sol any questions yet so I'll give it a go, obviously by my icon I like Puyo Puyo, now I know you can't say much about character inclusion or stage inclusion etc etc. But I was wondering, you guys have said you looked deep into Sega's vault of older obscure games, but haven't said to much about Sega's more recent but not "Worldly" popular games like Puyo Puyo.

Now I know not to expect Arle,Amitie, and Ringo in some wacky car as playble characters (I would sssoooo love that though XP) but I wanted to ask did you guys at Sumo ever consider using games like Puyo to create unique items?

The first games items were kinda....meh and I'm pretty sure it was said we'd be getting similar items, I just want to know if the idea was ever brought to the table, like a Puyo item that sticks to a car and slows you down ever so slightly and if you collect four on your car you spin out.

....Sooooo any chance of Puyo something in this game? XP

We've had more ideas for weapons than I ever care to see again. One of the core things was to create new weapons that you might not have seen in this kind of game before, and do all manner of cool things with them. Gareth (Design Director, and ex Bizarre Creations guru) is handling the weapons side of things, and hes also very keen on a weapons systems that are fair.

We've not gone down the road of making them SEGA things per se, as you have limitations that come as a side of that. For example, last time round we did have a Puyo weapon we had to cut as we weren't allowed to combine Puyo's in certain ways. Rather than restict what we did with the weapons, we left them slightly outside of existing IP's but with the spirit of SEGA games past.

I'm think people will enjoy the new weapons anyway, we're seeing that with our internal tests at any rate :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

We've had more ideas for weapons than I ever care to see again. One of the core things was to create new weapons that you might not have seen in this kind of game before, and do all manner of cool things with them. Gareth (Design Director, and ex Bizarre Creations guru) is handling the weapons side of things, and hes also very keen on a weapons systems that are fair.

We've not gone down the road of making them SEGA things per se, as you have limitations that come as a side of that. For example, last time round we did have a Puyo weapon we had to cut as we weren't allowed to combine Puyo's in certain ways. Rather than restict what we did with the weapons, we left them slightly outside of existing IP's but with the spirit of SEGA games past.

I'm think people will enjoy the new weapons anyway, we're seeing that with our internal tests at any rate smile.png

---

S0L

---

Hmm...you'd make a good politician.

• Thumbs Up 2

If nothing else, SEGA Superstars Tennis had some Puyo Puyo-themed missions, so who knows what might wind up in this one. :)