Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Anyway, is there any chance we can get a hint as to what trophies/achivements are in this game? Even if I already have a good idea as to what they are =p

Also I was wondering if it would be too late to troll the Sega fanbase? Like when you're driving around the track you could see a billboard which says "Dreamcast 2?" or a picture of Ryo's head with the number 3 behind it and the date of 2025 written below? And put it on the Outrun track just to further make people rage!

I'd love to see a "Chao in Space" Advert.

Anyway, is there any chance we can get a hint as to what trophies/achivements are in this game? Even if I already have a good idea as to what they are =p

Also I was wondering if it would be too late to troll the Sega fanbase? Like when you're driving around the track you could see a billboard which says "Dreamcast 2?" or a picture of Ryo's head with the number 3 behind it and the date of 2025 written below? And put it on the Outrun track just to further make people rage!

Ehehe, that would be neat. Even better, Sonic's Sonic Adventure smile with a 3 or classic Sonic with a 5 biggrin.png

Edited by Jango

Uhm, maybe someone else already asked this: what are the next events for possible news (PAX, TGS, etc.)?

Edited by Teoskaven

Still no 3DS Images -.-

S0L already explained the reason for this. They're currently optimising 3DS performance. Apparently the game looks really good but it isn't running at a consistent frame-rate yet. Since they may need to cut out pretty things to make it run smooth, they don't want to release screenshots that may not be as pretty as the final game.

The executive producer of Sonic And All-Stars Racing Transformed has told Official Nintendo Magazine that he was surprised by the Wii U specs, specifically the GPU and memory which are better than the Sumo developers expected.

In an interview with ONM, Steve Lycett spoke of the challenges his team faced when developing Sonic And All-Stars Racing for Wii U.

"There are always surprises and unexpected challenges when you develop on a new console," said Lycett. "When we first got our hands on the kit, the first surprise was the capability of the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit). We'd been worried that we might need to re-engineer all the effects and shaders in the game, but they worked just fine."

The Sumo producer also complimented the memory which has helped his team make Sonic Racing look smart on Wii U. "The Wii U looks as good as any of the HD platforms. The Wii U has way more memory, so we can take advantage of that with less compression on elements and textures, so it will look all lovely and shiny."

You can read the full interview with Steve Lycett in the new issue of Official Nintendo Magazine which goes on sale on 29 August. In the interview, he explains why he chose Gilius from Golden Axe instead of Tyris!

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/41185/wii-u-specs-surprising-says-sonic-developer/

Sounds nice. Might get the Wii U version then. Only problem is controllers :/

Anyone planning on getting the next ONM that can scan the interview?

http://www.officialn...onic-developer/

Sounds nice. Might get the Wii U version then. Only problem is controllers :/

Anyone planning on getting the next ONM that can scan the interview?

I can get it when I'm paid again September 6th, if nobody else has bought it and scanned it before then.

7853885098_57e1042b94.jpg

To be given out to people who play ASRT and get a very good time according to the Sega blog.

Those are some cool buttons...my favorite has to be the Plane button smile.png

Edited by KrazyBean

7853885098_57e1042b94.jpg

To be given out to people who play ASRT and get a very good time according to the Sega blog.

i'm sure you'll be all over this shit when you can grab em eh Hogfather? being the Pin-Man n'all

Well actually...

They're not really the kind I go for, I'm more for those enamel metal pins as apposed to the plastic ones, don't get me wrong I do like them and would like to own them. But you won't see me handing over much cash for them.

kind of lame how they're exactly the same as the Boom coasters, that's what i thought they where at first

I got the issue of ONM with the interview and scanned it but I don't know how to upload it. Can anyone give some assistance?

I got the issue of ONM with the interview and scanned it but I don't know how to upload it. Can anyone give some assistance?

Just use an image uploading website like Imageshack (you don't have to register) or add them as attachments to your post.

Cheers! Just gonna embed it here:

sonicandallstarsracingt.jpg

Can you tell us how many Wii-U specific modes there will be in the finished version?

Right now I can't really confirm this. We'll try to cram in as many as we can. Plus, of course, the Wii U version comes with all the same game-modes as the other HD platforms, so you're getting extra content.

As if I need another reason to go for the Wii U version.

• Thumbs Up 6

I wish they'd release more details on the PC version. If what Lycett says is true then it's the ultimate version of the game.

I don't care about some lame minigames. The PC version probably has the best graphics and performance. 60FPS racing in HD? Yes please.

Okay, well not lame, I'm sure they put effort into them. But it just seems to me like an utterly cheesy reason to prefer one version.

I wish they'd release more details on the PC version. If what Lycett says is true then it's the ultimate version of the game.

Details? What exactly are you looking for? It'll not be any different to the other versions, beyond whatever your PC is capable of.

Well I mean, they haven't said ANYTHING about it. There's barely even a release date, there's no word of whether it'll be on Steam or not (there's no Steam page for it), there's no way to pre-order the PC version. There's literally nothing about it. S0L's promised good things but I wish there'd be more official word on it.

Well I mean, they haven't said ANYTHING about it. There's barely even a release date, there's no word of whether it'll be on Steam or not (there's no Steam page for it), there's no way to pre-order the PC version. There's literally nothing about it. S0L's promised good things but I wish there'd be more official word on it.

It was confirmed quite some time ago that it'll be getting a digital release as standard, and a retail release in Europe.

As much as I'd love to talk more about it, can't until SEGA do some annoucements. What I can say is specifically for that platform, we've addressed many of the criticisms of control setup and online support. More as and when I can say things :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm honestly really torn between what version to get. The Wii U version seems to be the "definite" version with everything and more, and I'm getting a Wii U at launch (whenever that is) so it isn't really a problem. That said, I have more controllers on my PS3, and the online base will probably be a lot better on that platform once the game releases.

But before I decide that I have to wait until Webhallen finally shows the game in their retailer's listing. It's weird, Pan Vision has the game and the Limited Edition in their publish listings but I haven't seen any retailer here that has the game for pre-order.