Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I almost don't want Banjo to be in the game, just because I think the reaction will be hilarious.

Edit: Come to think of it, I don't particually care if Banjo is in it or not. I mean, his own company doesn't care about him, so others should... why exactly?

Edit 2: Actually, don't announce the full roster until the game comes out!

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't even give a monkeys if Banjo is in the game. I'm getting the PS3 & Vita versions, and for sure Banjo will not in these versions if he's confirmed.

In fact, I rather have Blaze the Cat in then Banjo. At least I can play as her.

But what I'm getting from you is that:

Banjo + Transformed = Good game. Remove Banjo from the equation then it collapses to "meh".

Banjo is not even a SEGA character, he's Microsoft. I understand if this game is Microsoft All-Stars Racing but it's not. Sumo poured their heart in to this game and you can definitely tell...and you are ready to discard everything if Banjo isn't in?

Are you even a Sonic/Sega fan? What are you doing here if you have poor to mediocre interest with Sega?

No, it's more Banjo = worth me getting considering the other games coming out at the time.

And, yes I am a Sonic/Sega fan, I have been since I can remember.

I haven't cared about Banjo since the 64 days. Nuts and Bolts was just a slap in the face to anyone who wanted a real genuine return to Banjo. His redesign is ugly too for that matter. I'm honestly glad I didn't have to deal with seeing him at all in the PS3 version of All-Stars Racing.

TheAnvil, you need to just cancel your pre-order. Banjo isn't in this game. There's no reason for you to believe he is or that he'd even have a snowball's chance in hell of being in it. Banjo's not even fucking relevant in this day and age.

You know who is relevant? Wreck-It Ralph, as much as it bothers me to say it. Really I just have a general distaste for all of these characters. I want Sega related announcements since that's supposed to be fucking point of the game. :\

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

I haven't cared about Banjo since the 64 days. Nuts and Bolts was just a slap in the face to anyone who wanted a real genuine return to Banjo. His redesign is ugly too for that matter. I'm honestly glad I didn't have to deal with seeing him at all in the PS3 version of All-Stars Racing.

TheAnvil, you need to just cancel your pre-order. Banjo isn't in this game. There's no reason for you to believe he is or that he'd even have a snowball's chance in hell of being in it. Banjo's not even fucking relevant in this day and age.

You know who is relevant? Wreck-It Ralph, as much as it bothers me to say it. Really I just have a general distaste for all of these characters. I want Sega related announcements since that's supposed to be fucking point of the game. :\

It's a ring toss game.

Um...

They did drop SEGA from the title you know. I think it was probably with reason that there are plenty of non-SEGA characters present.

Um...

They did drop SEGA from the title you know. I think it was probably with reason that there are plenty of non-SEGA characters present.

I thought they did that because the name would look like a revision of a capcom fighter.

I thought they did that because the name would look like a revision of a capcom fighter.

Pretty sure it's because of the guest characters, like with.... banjo... they had to include 'with banjo' at the end of the xbox 360 version.

But if they did that with this one we'd be looking at. "Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed With Danica Patrick & Wreck it Ralf & *mystery third character...*"

Speaking of which... I wonder why they'll announce the third guest?

Pretty sure it's because of the guest characters, like with.... banjo... they had to include 'with banjo' at the end of the xbox 360 version.

But if they did that with this one we'd be looking at. "Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed With Danica Patrick & Wreck it Ralf & *mystery third character...*"

Speaking of which... I wonder why they'll announce the third guest?

SEGA Racing 2 & Knuckles Danica & Ralph. That's not bad.

But no, it has to be SERNIK AND ALL-STARS. I feel like having Sonic on the cover is enough to get people to buy it, do we really have to put his name on the damn thing?

Hell, I would even settle for Sega Superstars Racing (and then below it) Starring Sonic the Hedgehog. I much prefer Sega Superstars to Sonic & Sega All-Stars. The name's got some BACKBONE to it. Some alliteration! SOME OOMPH. These aren't just regular stars, or even just ALL-Stars, these are goddamn motherfucking SUPERSTARS.

-cough- Erm, so, yeah, I like the old names better.

I imagine it's partly a matter of search engine results. You can put Sonic on the cover all you like, but if his name isn't in the title then a lot of potential buyers will never even notice the game.

I imagine it's partly a matter of search engine results. You can put Sonic on the cover all you like, but if his name isn't in the title then a lot of potential buyers will never even notice the game.

Hence the "Starring Sonic the Hedgehog".

Edited by Kind-Hearted Jerk

Hmmm.

Sega Superstars Racing Transformed Starring Sonic the Hedgehog (& Friends).

Too long for a title.

Bullshit. Nuts & Bolts was a masterpiece and I will pistol whip anyone who disagrees.

Banjo is far more a racing/driving character than anything else. The majority of the games he's been in have all been driving games. DKR, N&B, Banjo-Pilot and ASR. He even had a kart racer in the works for the 360. And Banjo-Tooie had driving minigames. So anyone who says it's unnatural for Banjo to be driving stuff is full of crap.

• Thumbs Up 1

But no, it has to be SERNIK AND ALL-STARS. I feel like having Sonic on the cover is enough to get people to buy it, do we really have to put his name on the damn thing?

You know... interesting story.

Two plushies, both alike in dignity, in fair ebay where we set our scene. Both were from Sega World Sydney, both were the same, both were the same in quality. Both had shipping restricted to Australia only.

Plush 1 sells for something like £70+

Plush 2 sells for something £20.

Why? Because Plush 1 had this in the listing "Sega World Sonic plush" However Plush two was just entitled "Sega World Plush."

You put Sonic's name on anything, you instantly increase the desireability of the product, it's been proven time and time again in countless ways.

Bullshit. Nuts & Bolts was a masterpiece and I will pistol whip anyone who disagrees.

Actually, he won't pistol whip you, he'll just put you on his ignore list when he loses an argument. <3

Edit: Eh, just forget it.

Edited by Kind-Hearted Jerk

But no one's going to say "Sega Superstars Racing Starring Sonic the Hedgehog" will they?

But no one's going to say "Sega Superstars Racing Starring Sonic the Hedgehog" will they?

I imagine that it would just be referred to as "Sega Superstars Racing", or even just "Sega Racing". That's what I call these games, because it takes me a good 10 seconds to get out the entire damn name.

hyperbole

I'm wondering why no one these days is able to come up with a catchy name for their all-stars games.

Super Smash Bros. It's a brief name that tells you everything about the game in one go: it's a Nintendo fighting game.

But no, instead we get things like Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Come on, those names need snazzing up .Sega Superstars was a great name. I understand that Sonic should be in the title to help it sell but still, there's gotta be something more creative they could do...

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, the original with 'Sega All Stars' was ok. Sony is as original as a man putting salt on his chips and copyrighting it.

To be fair, the original with 'Sega All Stars' was ok. Sony is as original as a man putting salt on his chips and copyrighting it.

Why is it ok for Sega to use All-Stars but not Sony? It's not like Sega was the first one to use it.

But they aren't using karts...rolleyes.gif

neither did Mario Kart Double Dash!!

it still carried the name Mario Kart though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm wondering why no one these days is able to come up with a catchy name for their all-stars games.

Super Smash Bros. It's a brief name that tells you everything about the game in one go: it's a Nintendo fighting game.

But no, instead we get things like Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Come on, those names need snazzing up .Sega Superstars was a great name. I understand that Sonic should be in the title to help it sell but still, there's gotta be something more creative they could do...

They should go all the way and just call it:

"Sega All-Stars Super Racing Championships: Extreme Transformed Edition - Starring Sonic The Hedgehog"

Now there's something that rolls off the tongue.

• Thumbs Up 1