Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Why is it ok for Sega to use All-Stars but not Sony? It's not like Sega was the first one to use it.

Well, were any other gaming companies currently using "All-Stars" to refer to their stable of characters? Sure Mario had used the title in the past, but at least SEGA was the only one to be using it to refer to a multi-IP franchise in the current gen.

Sony was just lazy and uncreative. Yes "All-Stars" is a common term, but in the gaming world it was pretty clearly being used by SEGA for current titles. I'd had preferred Sony use a different term, like "Superstars" (SEGA stopped using it) or simply "Stars" or "Heroes" (Heroes on the Move started the trend, why not continue it?).

Well, were any other gaming companies currently using "All-Stars" to refer to their stable of characters? Sure Mario had used the title in the past, but at least SEGA was the only one to be using it to refer to a multi-IP franchise in the current gen.

Sony was just lazy and uncreative. Yes "All-Stars" is a common term, but in the gaming world it was pretty clearly being used by SEGA for current titles. I'd had preferred Sony use a different term, like "Superstars" (SEGA stopped using it) or simply "Stars" or "Heroes" (Heroes on the Move started the trend, why not continue it?).

Because the Move game was shit and Sony is trying to forget about it.

Its just that All-Stars is a regular term to describe the, well... stars of something, like NBA All-Stars or WWE All-Stars for example.

I just don't see whats wrong with using it just because other company also uses it.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think it should be a title that fits well on the marquee of an arcade cabinet. It should have an arcade sounding name, like "Sonic's Superstar Grand Prix" or "Sonic's Sega Racing Invitational".

And I would've called Sony's thing something shorter as well, like Sony Star Rumble or Playstation Punchfest.

I think it should be a title that fits well on the marquee of an arcade cabinet. It should have an arcade sounding name, like "Sonic's Superstar Grand Prix" or "Sonic's Sega Racing Invitational".

And I would've called Sony's thing something shorter as well, like Sony Star Rumble or Playstation Punchfest.

It was meant to be called Title Fight but that doesn't sound very appealing, at least to me.

Playstation Battle Royale would be perfect or just Playsation All-Stars Battle.

Alliteration is a useful tactic for making a catchy title. "Sonic and Sega Superstar Speedway" is another great one.

It could use words like Grand Prix, Championship, Rally, Raceway, Speedway... there's better titles out there waiting to be found.

Of course, I guess that doesn't really mention the transformation aspect of the game so you'd ultimately have to work that in there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alliteration is a useful tactic for making a catchy title. "Sonic and Sega Superstar Speedway" is another great one.

It could use words like Grand Prix, Championship, Rally, Raceway, Speedway... there's better titles out there waiting to be found.

Sonic and Sega Grand Prix?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic R 2 (for the first ASR) and 3 (for this one).

Or Sonic Drift 3 and 4.

Shoot me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mind you, I still consider the previous game to be SEGA All-Stars Racing, so what do I know tongue.png

Glad I'm not the only one.

But you guys should change it to Sega Drift.

Best hit cancel then. I've seen this go on for long enough, Banjo was a one-off for the previous game, I'm afraid you'll need to get your Banjo kicks there, in his own games or in whatever Rare decide to do with him next. Sorry.

FINALLY.

Edited by Kind-Hearted Jerk
  • Thumbs Up 3

Thanks Steve... I was really looking forward to Banjo, so it's nice to know now instead of later, and now I can have fun guessing who the guest character will be!

Has this been discussed? From the latest Nintendo Power:

408c59baf2f811e1890a22000a1de2f0_7.jpg

What the heck is that?? Oil Ocean boss thingys in Seaside Hill?

• Thumbs Up 1

HOLY. SALAMANDER. CUTTLEFISH. WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE SEVEN SEAS IS THAT? That thing wasn't in the buil... nevermind.

Edited by Jango

ITS THE I'M TIRED OF SEASIDE HILL MONSTER! He's come for all those who complained about seaside hill.

Whatever it is it looks awesome! Someone better hope chief Broady from jaws is a racer!

• Thumbs Up 6

I think it is a track hazard. I seem to remember reading a preview that mentioned avoiding tentacles in the Seaside Hill track.