Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

hmm, world tour mode sounds kinda like SA2's Chapter Select screen with the missions and main chapters, also multi-player world tour mode!? hells yeah!

PG2.png

On the bottom page where tails is flying in panzer dragoon, who is that in front of him (besides amy in the distance)? I'm pretty sure that's not eggman and it doesn't look like any character I know that's revealed.....could it be a preview to the next character??

Might be just me, but I find it kind of insulting that their first suggestion for another character in the game is Mario of all people

I know, it's-a ridiculous, right?

Where's the Wario love?!

Lol but seriously you just sound like you're bitching in this post. I'd rather have Mario than either of the guests we've got so far.

I know that it's just their wish list but I really dislike when non Sega characters get revealed for this and the idea of having Mario in a Sega IPS crossover game is just really weird.

By far the only non Sega character that I'm looking forward to see is Danica since she will be "cartoonized" for the game.

That's Knuckles. We just don't see him cause of the camera angle.

Ah now I see it.....thanks! :)

I'd rather have Mario than either of the guests we've got so far.

So would I, I mean at least he's an actual video game character, but that's not saying much.

I really wish you could "turn off" selected racers, so at the very least I'd never have to see Danica or Ralph, but even then there's online, and everyone's mug on the character select screen, so ehhh. It might seem like shallow bitching but the 3rd party stuff has really dampened my enthusiasm for this game.

I know that it's just their wish list but I really dislike when non Sega characters get revealed for this and the idea of having Mario in a Sega IPS crossover game is just really weird.

Wierder than a real-world NASCAR racer, or the star of an upcoming Disney movie? At least Mario has SOME connection to Sonic.

I don't know why people are upset about this. It's Nintendo Power. They want to see Mario. Goddammit, so do I.

If you want to see Mario play 1 of the 7 Mario Kart games that all exclusively have not just have Nintendo characters, but only Nintendo characters within the Mario universe itself. Or Mario Party. Or Super Smash Bros. Or any other Nintendo spin off game.

This game on the other hand is probably one of the few Sonic spin off titles that look like it is remotely decent.

Edited by Kiovle

Wierder than a real-world NASCAR racer, or the star of an upcoming Disney movie? At least Mario has SOME connection to Sonic.

I don't know why people are upset about this. It's Nintendo Power. They want to see Mario. Goddammit, so do I.

I never said it was weirder than them, hell they would be all weird.

I said that I disliked the idea of non Sega characters being in the game, but hey, that is my opinion and there is nothing I can do about them being there.

Mario & Sonic At The Olympics is not a game that's competing with a game from either franchise and is an amalgamation of both. This game is directly competing with Mario Kart so giving profits to its competition would be counter productive.

Uh, no, actually it disproves your point.

No it doesn't, as I my post was directed at TMSP saying the idea of Mario being in a SEGA crossover is weird. My argument had nothing to do with whether he'd get in or not. I don't even think Mario will be in this.

Mind you, I don't agree with your point. I don't think it'll be because Nintendo was worried about the competition, I just think that neither cared or having him in.

PsychoJosh, dude, stop it. First with Mega Man and now Mario. Why are you getting so defensive over cameos?

Who's getting defensive? I'm just saying the reality that these cameos are an total pipe dream and nothing more. Does that really offend you so much?

I find it funny that people who accuse me of things do so in a way that makes them guilty of exactly what they're accusing me of. You say I'm getting defensive, lo and behold, you say it by getting defensive.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Who's getting defensive? I'm just saying the reality that these cameos are an total pipe dream and nothing more. Does that really offend you so much?

It's more towards, we get the point. You told us once, you don't have to tell us every time someone speculates.

Edited by Green Wisp

It's more towards, we get the point. You told us once, you don't have to tell us every time someone speculates.

So basically what you're telling me is, don't discuss things. Gotcha.

So basically what you're telling me is, don't discuss things. Gotcha.

Eh, not really. But it just seems to be re-iterating the same point over and over-you don't think this will happen. I don't either, but I'd leave it at, I don't think this will happen, present some valid reasons, and done.

I do that. People still get upset.

If it's the tone I'm using, I'll admit that's my bad, but the way you describe it is like you're getting offended at the very fact that I'm simply dissenting.

Edited by PsychoJosh

I do that. People still get upset.

If it's the tone I'm using, I'll admit that's my bad, but the way you describe it is like you're getting offended at the very fact that I'm simply dissenting.

Ah, my bad for my tone too then. X3 Far from offended on my side.

I'd say perhaps it is the tone. (Then again, the SSMB doesn't have the friendliest tone in the Sonic community overall, perhaps that's down to heated debates).

I'd say it's the tone, yeah. Reading back, I can actually see I should have done some actual looking back before calling you out, so that's a mistake on my part.

Can we expect some new gameplay videos from PAX?

from the article it seems that Seaside Hill and Graffiti City are now playable in the latest build of the demo, are there more characters too?? Maybe NiGHTS :P