Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

British Bulldog is a game that gets banned in schools. You basically have a group of guys at one end of the playground and one guy who is 'it' or 'on.' the other guys then have to run from one side of the playground to the other. If the guy who is 'it' catches someone, they become a 'bulldog' they then help catch everybody else.

Quite often people break arms and get injured playing this, mainly because kids running and then being grabbed by other kids causes them to fall over on concrete and... broken bones... What then follows is an assembly in the morning in which Mr Taylor announces Bulldog has been banned again... But that doesn't stop us from playing it!

Oh, that.

I have to play that sometimes at gym classes as a warm up.

I-it's actually called British Bulldog mode!?

BEST GAME EVER CONFIRMED.

Thats what they said in the interview, not sure if it will be called that as people outside the UK won't know it... but I can definately see how that kind of game could work in ASRT.

Sigh.. if only there were 1970's trousers mode... you could then see 70's trousers + British Bulldog mode =(

• Thumbs Up 5

You mean Sharks & Minnows, Simon?

Yeah, it isn't really banned here. I honestly don't want to see how you guys play (BREAKING YOUR ARMS?!?) ha!

Yeah, it isn't really banned here. I honestly don't want to see how you guys play (BREAKING YOUR ARMS?!?) ha!

If you are not playing British Bulldog on concrete... and you are not rugby tacking your rivals to the ground... and you don't get into a fight before lunchtime is over... You are not playing British Bulldog. =p

• Thumbs Up 1

You mean Sharks & Minnows, Simon?

Yeah that.

Seriously you europeans must be like hitting eachother with baseball bats if you're breaking shit.

I honestly don't want to see how you guys play (BREAKING YOUR ARMS?!?) ha!

Me neither... even running full speed it isn't all that dangerous where I come from. We have a ton of contact sports that incur a TON more injuries.

Sounds like a fun mode though. Could be pretty hectic in multipayer. ^^

News'd thanks Barry.

Also I've not put everything that was discussed in the podcast so please download it and give it a listen.

Bits I found of interest would be.

Bulldog mode! (this one is news to me! Didn't play this when I was at Sumo)

Traffic Attack mode (only because he found this the hardest mode on ASRT when he went and played it!)

"Not every character will be revealed before the game is released. ”Some characters will not be discussed until the game is shipped. There is one very cool surprise.”

4 player split screen!

Private online lobby's (thank you lord! now let us hope you can unlock trophies and achivements in a private match!)

• Thumbs Up 4

"Outruns Flagman is not back, but the comments are been heard and it’s being discussed. There is a ‘flagman’ who hasn’t been a flagman before. He’s a character who can fly/hover above the water."

Ladies and gentleman, place your bets.

10 bucks it ends up being Opa Opa.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's Opa Opa. I just know it. Well at least he's IN the game still. That's good. Although I loved playing as him...:(

Although bummed about the Outrun Flagman not returning. That makes me sad.

See - you complain about no new reveals, and that interview has a serious load of new information.

Reveals need pics and video otherwise we're unsatisfied.

The PC version, I'm assuming, is even better than the Wii U version, right?

Graphics wise...yes, because it's a PC. Well, it depends if your PC is high-end or not.

Edited by KrazyBean

I think reveals could you know, Include news. Telling us something new about the game or something without pics or videos.

Went and listened to the interview, and I can safely say that my hype levels are set to high!

Oh and the new Flagman is going to be Jackle from Nights into Dreams.

I wish.

• Thumbs Up 2

Speak for yourself. I thought the interview was a great one and theres a ton of new bits of information there that we didn't know about.

Also I'm a tad surprised nobody seems to be going on about the 4 player split screen since split screen is usually a big deal in other games for... some reason.

• Thumbs Up 2

And 5 player split screen for the Wii U.

For me the biggest reveals were the fact that they will NOT reveal a few of the racers and possibly not reveal a track or two. I think that's great! The first ASR was spoiled, and I'd like some sense of surprise when I play the game.

Also, very interested to learn if Toot Toot Sonic Warrior is PAL specific and Sonic Boom is US specific. Steve confirmed Toot Toot Sonic Warrior being in the Seaside Hill track, but I couldn't figure out if he meant that Sonic Boom was in the US version of the game and he didn't understand why that was.

Flagman is also quite a mystery. I hope the interview saved OutRun flag man. I mean, take away his flag, set him off away from the starting position and just let him break dance!

Flagman is also quite a mystery. I hope the interview saved OutRun flag man. I mean, take away his flag, set him off away from the starting position and just let him break dance!

I know people keep asking for Opa Opa to be the flagman, but I really hope it isn't. Just because we've seen Opa Opa in the last game, I'd just like someone else to pop up who could do it who hasn't been in any of the all star games yet. Just because I think it'll at least give the impression Sega still cares about it's history. Heck I'll take Jet from Streets of Rage!

Jet.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Also, very interested to learn if Toot Toot Sonic Warrior is PAL specific and Sonic Boom is US specific. Steve confirmed Toot Toot Sonic Warrior being in the Seaside Hill track, but I couldn't figure out if he meant that Sonic Boom was in the US version of the game and he didn't understand why that was.

But...I like Toot Toot Sonic Warrior. sad.png

Oh well. Still some cool news in the podcast.

I know people keep asking for Opa Opa to be the flagman, but I really hope it isn't. Just because we've seen Opa Opa in the last game, I'd just like someone else to pop up who could do it who hasn't been in any of the all star games yet.

How exactly is he supposed to hold a flag, anyway?

Opa-Opa,_profile.gif

Edited by Solly