Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

The characters so far are interesting, but I do wonder if the full original list will return with new characters. Alex Kidd is the character I want to see most return, I just love playing as him, and it always gives me nostaglia because Miracle World was one of the first games I have ever played, and my Mom just adores Alex Kidd as well, it's the only game she had on her SEGA. Another character I would love to see make an appearence though is Ristar, I have only played his game in the Genesis collections, but it's a rather fun game and it reminds me alot of Sonic for some reason. (Probably because Sonic Team made it.) So Ristar is a must-have character for me, and I'd also like to see The Chaotix appear, which is a long-shot, but I'd love to see them in some sort-of Jeep and listen to them bicker back and forth between which way to go and when to throw items.

AiAi's in.

Is this topic just gonna be for characters? I don't know if an entirely separate topic for tracks would be worth it, or if we can discuss that in the other topic.

• Thumbs Up 2

I could see all but the more obscure out there characters making a return. I love Chu Chu Rocket, but they don't need a return. Unless they are really inventive with them. Land: Lunar rover, Sea: Splash down capsule, Air: Rocket.

Anybody with a track is likely to return.

---

Cool, thanks double B. I knew I saw him mentioned somewhere. Forgot it was the press release.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

SPOnG: ...or ToeJam and Earl.

Gareth Wilson: ToeJam and Earl [laughs]! That was an interesting one. Again, this was way before my time, but if I remember rightly, ToeJam and Earl was a guy who... I don’t even think the game or characters were owned by SEGA. It was some sort of weird...

Maybe I'm crazy, but this makes it sound like TJ&E still won't be getting in, which would be disappointing. They're, with Ristar, my most wanted characters. It's just the way he talks about the rights and stuff makes it sound like they didn't get them for Transformed.

SPOnG: Yeah, as far as I remember, the reason even the old classic Mega Drive ToeJam and Earl games didn’t make it on the recent Xbox 360 and PS3 compilations was because it all came down to this one guy who won’t give SEGA permission. I’m guessing there are similar limitations that prevent you from getting certain characters?

Gareth Wilson: There are some, yeah. There are some which are just legally impossible. Like, Wonder Boy. Wonder Boy is owned by Hudson, the arcade company. But Hudson have gone bust recently, I think.

From this we can at least say for sure that Wonder Boy won't be getting in.

All from here

http://spong.com/fea...ing-Transformed

Edited by MarcelloF

GamesRadar also killed hopes for Bug (people wanted him??) and Space Harrier (would make for an awesome track...).

But they did note that the devs hinted at a Space Channel 5 track, meaning Ulala might return (I'm certain she will, given how females need some show and Ulala is one of the most popular SEGA women).

http://www.gamesradar.com/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-hands-the-other-mascot-kart-racer-with-transforming-vehicles/

• Thumbs Up 3

When people are asking for Ristar and Nights, my theory is that if we get one, E.G Rista, Nights will apear as the flag holder, and vice versa.

• Thumbs Up 1

When people are asking for Ristar and Nights, my theory is that if we get one, E.G Rista, Nights will apear as the flag holder, and vice versa.

Eh, I don't see why they don't just get some random schmuck like a Chao for that. It makes the most sense to me.

I foresee NiGHTS getting a trailer just like Ryo did when he was revealed. Imagine how much love SEGA/Sumo would get. NiGHTS community would blow up, people would type "want" and "shut up and take my pesos" all over the place. It would just be such a smart move, and I think they know that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I personally would like to see mostly:

Ryo Hazuki: his return seems quite assured to me, due to the BOOM his previous reveal was, and due to the rumor about Shenmue HD collection. Remember he is the only "not so popular" character that appeard in EVERY version of the game: the mobile version, iOS version and Arcade version. SUMO knows how much fans love the Shenmue series, and I don't think they're going to drop Ryo

Bayonetta: beeing a female, the rumour about a sequel to her game, her recent presence in Anarchy Reign, and beeing a very know and recent SEGA character

NiGHTS: there's really no need to explain. He's in for sure

Ecco: would be an original move, the concept of him swimming , driving and flying would result very hilarious

about the rest I'd be fine with every decision they make, I just have the feeling we're going to see Vectorman (fan demand and transforming thing that would fit perfectly with the style of the game) and Orta (Panzer Dragoon stage and her beeing a female)

I think Panzer Dragoon will only be represented by the stage.

i agree with Marcellof, Orta won't be present, she's even more of an obscure character, nd lets face it the majority of SEGA fans won't even know who she is since the main appeal of those games was through the Dragon's they rode, and since we've seen Blue in dragon canyon already and seen the sheer scale he is compared to the racers, you can bet the Dragon from Orta will be the same size.

the only dragon i could see as a potential racer is the baby form of Panzer Dragoon Zwei, but that's highly unlikely

Im pretty sure Amigo will return, but where was he confirmed? Dont remember seeing him in any screen.

My three most wanted characters are : Ristar, Vectorman and Vyse, and Vyse is already confirmed :) Ristar has big hopes but I doubt we will be seeing Vectorman :( The transforming theme is just for him, seriously imagine him turning into his jet mode for air sections and his tank mode as his All-Star move maybe. The other one I would love to see but wont happen is Pulseman ;(

Im pretty sure Amigo will return, but where was he confirmed? Dont remember seeing him in any screen.

I'm pretty sure there was an interview somewhere that mentioned him and something like a train.

I think Panzer Dragoon will only be represented by the stage.

I think you're right. Tennis had Outrun, HotD and Afterburner stages, none had players.

I think we can expect Metal, Shadow, Alex Kidd and Ulala. Sadly, I think we'll see Billy too. tongue.png In the yet-to-be-published SEGAbits video interview the producer noted that BIlly is his favorite character.

Nuckles and Shigs of TSS and SEGAbits played the game, one of them played as Amigo. His land vehicle is a locomotive. lol, who wants to bet it'll be called the "Loco-Motive"?

Edited by Barry the Nomad

I'm pretty sure there was an interview somewhere that mentioned him and something like a train.

yup

Land = Samba De Amigo Styled SteamTrain

Water = Steam Boat

Air = Classic Biplane

• Thumbs Up 4

I think you're right. Tennis had Outrun, HotD and Afterburner stages, none had players.

I think we can expect Metal, Shadow, Alex Kidd and Ulala. Sadly, I think we'll see Billy too. tongue.png In the yet-to-be-published SEGAbits video interview the producer noted that BIlly is his favorite character.

Nuckles and Shigs of TSS and SEGAbits played the game, one of them played as Amigo. His land vehicle is a locomotive. lol, who wants to bet it'll be called the "Loco-Motive"?

Courtesy of Spong:
Amigo, for instance, scoots around on a Samba de Amigo-themed Train on ground, which transforms into a steamboat on water and a classic biplane in the air.

Also, the only thing stopping Billy from being awesome is the lack of a sequel to Giant Egg.

Maybe I'm crazy, but this makes it sound like TJ&E still won't be getting in, which would be disappointing. They're, with Ristar, my most wanted characters. It's just the way he talks about the rights and stuff makes it sound like they didn't get them for Transformed.

From this we can at least say for sure that Wonder Boy won't be getting in.

The discussion about getting the rights to characters also hints pretty heavily at Ulala and Billy Hatcher being in, not that either of them were very much in doubt.

Anyway, I'm not a huge SEGA fan like some of y'all so I don't have many specific characters I'm really eager to see. I agree with Barry's sentiment that we need more girls, though; I'd have probably gone with Aika over Vyse (or Blaze over Shadow and/or Big) for that reason.

But they did note that the devs hinted at a Space Channel 5 track, meaning Ulala might return (I'm certain she will, given how females need some show and Ulala is one of the most popular SEGA women).

yeah!! I hope they improve her model, I though fer face looked kinda weird (I think it was her forehead and her eyes being green).

Also as a track, they can make a mix of zones of the 2 games. Start with the Spaceport (driving) fly over to the Asteroid zone (flying) and arrive at the Zoo of part 2 (water zone).

Also, I too think Ristar , Ryo and Nights will be in. Sumo put them in the first one due to the fans asking their appeareances, so Im sure they will appear in this one.

I would like some Phantasy Star character, and I think it makes sense, is a popular game from Sega. My choices would be Chaz (being the protagonist of the most aclaimed game of the series) or Nei (both for being and important character of the overall story of the games and for being a female, making more females in the final roster, also she is not quite human, adding more variation)

Edited by Ferr

Character threads, I bet there's like six of them on the SEGA forums now.

Me, I'm actually not too fussed. Yeah, obviously the Chaotix would be a dream addition, but note the word 'dream' and note how often dreams happen (not often at all), so that's just meager fangirling on my end.

Aside from that? I guess a Puyo Puyo representative would be cool. The series seems to have a really nice aesthetic to it and I did enjoy Mean Bean Machine immensely. As long as their All-Star somehow featured a hellish rain of Ojama, I'd be more than happy to main them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Though kinda unlikely, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Bayonetta in. Wouldn't be the first time such a character had to be toned down or whatever.

On the other hand, Jacky and Akira can stay the frag out. Not only did their car suck in the first game, but their whole game sucked too. Good thing I got more for selling it than I paid for buying it.

Just like the first game, I'm gonna be maining Knuckles, especially if emerald mode is back. However, I'll change my tone if Silver or Ristar get in.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the other hand, Jacky and Akira can stay the frag out. Not only did their car suck in the first game, but their whole game sucked too. Good thing I got more for selling it than I paid for buying it.

Do you mean to say that you thought Virtua Fighter 5 sucked??? Maaaan, you gotta get the frag out if you think that. VF5 = awesome fighting game. VF franchise = astounding franchise.

However I agree that their car (which was lovingly inspired by OutRun) was no good. I wish they rocked harder on the track, because I was excited for their addition.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they replaced Big with Blaze (less favored purple cat for the more favored purple cat), that'd probably be the most bittersweet thing ever. I'd hate to see Big not return, but Blaze is an awesome character that deserves more screentime. Plus, it'd be understandable for someone like her to stand in his place. As long as its not Silver, though. Then I may have right to rage about Big's absence. =p

Otherwise I'm gonna bet on Segata Sanshiro, Ristar, NiGHTs, Billy Hatcher, Ulala, etc being in. It'd be nice to feature some of the STI-produced characters like Sketch Turner and Vectorman, but for some reason I feel like seeing them is kind of unlikely.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 5