Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Eh. Billy's alright, I guess. I don't care one way or the other if he's in.

BUT with the release of the NiGHTS "remake", I definitely would enjoy a Christmas NiGHTS stage! If Billy's not in, it could be the token ice level with a Christmas-y twist! wrong fucking topic

I'd like another Amigo character, honestly. I'd loooooove to get Linda out there.

Edited by Sexy Nightmaren Reala

Historically, Billy was chosen on account of the character design alone, it appeals to kids and he's bright, colourful and happy.

Historically...

---

S0L

---

"Historically" eh? ...umm, I'd like change my prediction regarding Billy. Ryo Hazuki anyone??? (lol, I'd prefer him more anyway) 8-P

Edited by Jinbe

So Billy has a stage in the game, but he himself doesn't make an appearance? That's, er, mildly confusing.

I don't think that's what S0L's getting at though...

So Billy has a stage in the game, but he himself doesn't make an appearance? That's, er, mildly confusing.

I don't think that's what S0L's getting at though...

I think that hint was more against him as a racer. You bet he'll make a cameo if he isn't playable.

This game needs lots of cameos, seriously XD

But hey,

Streets-of-Rage-title.jpg

Don't disappoint, Sumo.

Edited by Jango

Well, Panzer Dragoon has a track but not a racer. Same with After Burner (that we know of) and OutRun (again, that we know of). So if one Billy track makes it in and no Billy racer, I'd be okay with that. Every IP with a track from the first game would have a track in this game then.

Seems a little odd that they'd exclude a playable character that's been in all previous Sega Superstars games but still keep a track from his games. But hey, if he's not in I can't complain.

Seems a little odd that they'd exclude a playable character that's been in all previous Sega Superstars games but still keep a track from his games. But hey, if he's not in I can't complain.

He wasn't represented at all in SST. From S0L's post Billy was chosen solely on character design, and now that vehicles need focus thanks to this game's gimmick... I'm calling it; Billy was the 30th scrapped racer.

On that subject, still expecting a full reunion(MeeMee, Pudding, and Kidd). All the other confirmed SEGA supporting characters were in it, and there seems to be a trend with em. Now that I think about it, that's probably what Beat's extra seat was for in ASR; Gum must've been planned.

Edited by FourCartridge

He actually wasn't in Tennis. I'm not really bothered whether he makes the cut or not, but I'd rather he did than characters like MeeMee and Pudding.

EDIT: Ninjaaaaa'd.

Edited by Pawn

The reason that sealed me buying this is because I'm in it.

They only put you in is to have an excuse to put my sexy ass in.

And yeah, NiGHTS and Reala did it for me, too.

The reason that sealed me buying this is because I'm in it.

Huh. That's disappointing to hear, NiGHTS. I never imagined you to be a cynical fanboy, I thought you loved Sega because they created you.

Just because Sega created NiGHTS doesn't mean that he...she...it..? can't be cynical about it.

That's like saying that just because you like something means you have to like EVERY part of it! And that's just something that isn't possible!

Just because Sega created NiGHTS doesn't mean that he...she...it..? can't be cynical about it.

Cynicism doesn't suit NiGHTS' personality. He's supposed to be an all-around optimistic and non-judgmental person, not just another cynical voice lost in the sea of internet fanboys.

Dare I say that I think this portrayal is non-canon.

No offense taken friend. I'm not trying to give you any grief for arguing for Billy's rosters spot.

I just wasn't gonna let a wild claim like that slide. Wanting Billy in the game is one thing. Claiming him amongst the top tier of important Sega characters is something else entirely. There's no need to exaggerate like that. ^^

I see. I guess that I've must have overreacting a little. But I bet that the roster would be ten times better than the previous on ASR.

He's supposed to be an all-around optimistic and non-judgmental person

NiGHTS has a strong sense of justice and gives pretty much zero fucks about everything else, at least according to all of his personality profiles. JoD made him into a squealing little "LET'S SHOW THIS CREEP THE REAL SUPER POWER OF TEAMWORK" but there are cut lines that indicate, and even NiGHTS's profile in the game's handbook indicates that he was originally going to be snarky and rude and even mean to the children he was helping at a few points.

It would fit, considering the guy used to almost literally EAT CHILDREN'S SOULS.

Edited by Sexy Nightmaren Reala

Huh. That's disappointing to hear, NiGHTS. I never imagined you to be a cynical fanboy, I thought you loved Sega because they created you.

Cynicism doesn't suit NiGHTS' personality. He's supposed to be an all-around optimistic and non-judgmental person, not just another cynical voice lost in the sea of internet fanboys.

Dare I say that I think this portrayal is non-canon.

Dude.

It was a fucking joke. -______-

Edited by NiGHTS

Ristar is in the game, yes!!! As flagman... Sure I can deal with that. Sucks he isn't playable and he was my most hyped character but he's in so i'm down with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder why Ristar only got in as flagman. He was undoubtedly the most asked for, so there must have been some difficulty in getting him in as a racer one way or the other.

I wonder why Ristar only got in as flagman. He was undoubtedly the most asked for, so there must have been some difficulty in getting him in as a racer one way or the other.

I swear S0L/SumoRex have said in the past that they personally think that Ristar would be pretty boring from a design standpoint, maybe it's linked to that...

Well, it's nice that he at least has a role to play in the game. I hope there's more reason for his exclusion than how he looks from behind, though.

Don't worry, Ristar will be playable in the next game and the most requested character by that time will be the flagman.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 2