Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Aaaw, I really wanted him to be playable... That really sucks... Oh well...

Oh, btw, didn't S0L say the new flagman would be able to fly? Since when is Ristar able to fly? Did I miss something?

Oh, btw, didn't S0L say the new flagman would be able to fly? Since when is Ristar able to fly? Did I miss something?

AFAIK, He uses those Star Posts to slingshot himself between worlds. Because he uses this to go though space, I'm assuming the devs worked off that pose.

23iys83.png

This?

Edited by Tmsp

That's not him flying though, but essentially flinging himself from one planet to the next. Not that I'm bothered about it, but he's never actually flown as such.

Edited by Pawn

There's a lot of things I disagree with about this game and I'm not suddenly going to stop saying anything I wouldn't normally say on here because we've got some visitors. But come on, show some respect. I'm surprised they still hang around here really.

Given all the controversy it brings I'm surprised Sega haven't taken it upon themselves to slap a PR muzzle on the both of them. I mean, not that I want them to, as I appreciate their interaction with the fans, but I'm just surprised Sega's letting them be so talkative

Also I'm just saying how it's pointless to complain, and I feel sorry for the poor fools that do complain.

Now the chances of Billy Hatcher becoming playable again has been increased. Beware of the giant egg!

While we're on the topic of the Sumo devs who have been posting here, I just want to say that I genuinely appreciate them being awesome by interacting with the community (an unofficial Sonic community, too).

I doubt it, after what S0L said.

...and what did he say? Quote me please. You don't like Billy Hatcher so I can't just take your word for it.

Eh.. S0L and SumoRex being around has always been a double edged sword at best as far as I'm concerned.

I don't like a lot of what has been said and how it's been said, so I think it'd be best if they kept quiet, honestly.

...and what did he say? Quote me please. You don't like Billy Hatcher so I can't just take your word for it.

Historically, Billy was chosen on account of the character design alone, it appeals to kids and he's bright, colourful and happy.

Historically...

---

S0L

---

What I think people are getting from it is now that other details, such as a vehicle design, are a big part of the process, Billy's design alone isn't enough to carry him towards a playable spot. *shrugs*

Edited by FourCartridge

Not sure what there is to explain... We've got him in a role that works and he's been promoted from cameo on one track, to Flagman on all. We've explained a few times now that from a point of view of being playable, we've got issues with what the character looks like from behind.

We can't change the character design - so we've gone for a role that works. If what we do next isn't a 'look at all the characters from behind' game design, maybe we'll promote him again. Not promising!

I know this will be an upset for some of you, and I do apologise if you expected him to be playable, but we've never led you to believe otherwise. We can only have so many characters playable and for those that can't be, we find other roles they can fill. He's a perfect fit for the Flagman job, so he got to do it tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Link

Looks like the back of the character is to blame again.

• Thumbs Up 2

They gave him a job where all he does is face the screen.....

seems about right. No complaints from me.

Uh, now that i think of, a quick question: since the characters will use recicled voices, what did you choose for Gillius, Vyse and Joe Musashi?

Uh, now that i think of, a quick question: since the characters will use recicled voices, what did you choose for Gillius, Vyse and Joe Musashi?

Generic Grunt #2

I could level the same at your posts tongue.png

I try my best to be polite, informative and explain why decisions are made. We do so within the remit of working with NDA's and not revealing anything that's not officially announced (or isn't an issue to deconfirm for many reasons). However, I'm also a human being and so I suffer from the same character flaws as anyone else. I get tired, stressed, annoyed and I'm more than happy to reply in the same tone as which I'm addressed.

We can stop any time we like, we do this in our free time after all. We have though pulled in things from the forums and for the fans time and time again. You've seen it in previous games and you'll see it in this one.

Don't like the choices we make? Go make your own game, we're not stopping you!

Complaining about us caring and posting won't change a thing though, you may as well go and tell the tide to stop coming in tongue.png

---

S0L

---

and this is why your awesome SOL. Taking your free time to talk with us crazy lot is awesome and I highly respect that you are always being able to put up with some shenanigans that go on. I really look forward to the game and look forward to buying more than one version =P

Edited by BlueTidalGamer