Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Yes, I'm still here. I still have hope the next announcement, whenever it is, will get me excited again.

I assume this is actually to send ninjas to assassinate me? biggrin.png

No mate. I'm so convinced that you will love the game *despite* being so constantly disappointed, that I will personally pre-order online and get Amazon or whatever to post to your address...

Serious 1 time offer. smile.png

The alternative is the Ninjas... wink.png

Edited by SumoRex
  • Thumbs Up 8

No mate. I'm so convinced that you will love the game *despite* being so constantly disappointed, that I will personally pre-order online and get Amazon or whatever to post to your address...

if he's not up for it, i'll take that offer! :D

i'm guessing the Ninja's will be Sumo's in black leotards?

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow Sumo, even though I'm not the guy who got this offer, you just got so much cooler by doing this.

You guys are amazing.

Edited by Thigolf
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sneaky Ryo S0L! Look at all those post-it notes! Just what secrets do they contain? And where is the Phoenix Mirror!?

1zg24.png

Most interesting post-its:

Under world tour:

•Mirror Mode

• Fruit Machine Island

On the far right:

• Loading Screen (fruit machine)

So... we can expect some sort of slot machine in the game? :D

• Thumbs Up 4

Wait, these notes says there will be more than one kind of all-star move! Now I know what's going on! Since you can grab the star coins no matter which position you are, you'll will get an all-star move more strong or less strong. If you're in last position, you'll probaly get the all-star boost or the all-star homing missile, but if you're in first, all-star handling or all-star music? But seriously, an all-star that only changes the music? Seems very effective to me hahaha

Edited by Jango

Well, it looks like it exists in the World Tour section, so it might assist in the "story" mode. Maybe a random mission generator? Or you earn coins that can be used on the slot machine which, in turn, hands out rewards like upgrades or stickers?

I just hope it's legit, because it's an awesome nod to SEGA's history.

segaslotmachine.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Haha, you guys are amazing! Loved the part where you checked out the Shenmue Box in..Shenmue style. :P

And dat QTE. So close!!!

Aanyways, back to topic, Danica Patrick seems cool, I kinda like the design for her car. Maybe because green is my favourite colour..

Sumo, what was the thought process in regards to cameos? Are there Sega characters, that aren't racers, that might show up in the stages or something?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sumo, what was the thought process in regards to cameos? Are there Sega characters, that aren't racers, that might show up in the stages or something?

• Thumbs Up 5

Guys... SumoRex liked the post about the Big cameos.

This must mean something!

Amy isn't as annoying as I thought.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait, these notes says there will be more than one kind of all-star move! Now I know what's going on! Since you can grab the star coins no matter which position you are, you'll will get an all-star move more strong or less strong. If you're in last position, you'll probaly get the all-star boost or the all-star homing missile, but if you're in first, all-star handling or all-star music? But seriously, an all-star that only changes the music? Seems very effective to me hahaha

Actually, I assume that's related to the different "types" of all-stars, as well as general things they need. They mentioned redoing the way they do all-star code, more shared aspects instead of rebuilding the wheel for every character. For example, several characters who's All-Stars come down to "launch things at the enemy" or "ram through everyone" can share the same code, and thus be made to work online much easier.

Suddenly I wonder now, will the 3DS version have Miis? It would make sense but I don't remember hearing about it.

mmm, Toejam & Earl and Fighting Vipers confirmed to be re-released... can we expect characters from those series?

Toejam could be cool, with a vehicle resembling his spaceship and Earl showing up in the All Stars move

for Fighting Vipers the best solution is Honey, but It is hard for her showing up

with Ristar de-confirmed, who's next? It is really hard to guess now

Whoa. My respect for you just increased tenfold. You really do have a passion and genuinely care about your work and about the players, and about this community. I haven't seen stuff like this this from non-indie developers in a very long time.

EDIT: You know what? I wasn't even sure if I was going to buy this game because racing games aren't really my thing recently. But seeing the interaction these developers have with the player community brought me back to the time when making games was still treated like a work of art and developers were motivated by wanting to share their passion with the world (it probably still is that way on some level, but it's really suppressed by PR/marketing departments and we never get to see it). I'm buying this game on Steam when it comes out; that's that.

EDIT2: Maybe this will help you understand why I currently think so highly of Sumo:

You know EA? That company who is sucking the gaming industry dry with their abominable marketing techniques? Their full name is "Electronic Arts". That's because they used to be a small company of electronic artists. They used to be a company that made games as a form of art. They didn't do it just for big bucks, they did it because they wanted to, and they wanted to share their creations. They aren't like that anymore. Now they're just a large corporation who has only one thing in mind: money. And thus, they impose restrictions on and make demands of the developers who want to publish with them that all have that ultimate goal in mind. Reduce quality, remove content to be later packaged as DLC; whatever EA says goes because EA has the rights to their game from the beginning. The developer has no choice but to comply. EA ignores what the fans want and forces the developer to ignore it too.

THEN EA buys out the developers (like they bought DICE) and those developers effectively become "evil" like EA.

You are not EA. You are not working for EA. You're working for SEGA and using your freedom to communicate with us to the best extent possible (and allowable by SEGA). It is just very refreshing to see this after years of dealing with companies like EA.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 2

Would it be weird if I bowed down to you right now?

Somebody needs to go get S0L.

SumoRex has effectively stolen all of his thunder. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey look who you can just barely spot at 0:58.

I assume this is an early version of him there as he is not even holding the flag and is just sort of standing in the air.

post-4049-0-71779700-1349948865_thumb.jp

• Thumbs Up 4

SInce guys brought All-star moves, I wonder if Super Sonic and Super Shadow are in the game? I saw some footage where Sonic used some kind of all-star move and all he did was transform into a plane mode and shoot some stuff or something.. I found that incredibly uncreative and uninspiring. I expected to see Super Sonic. So can you tell me if Super Sonic (and Shadow) is in the game?

Also another question, I'm sure somebody asked some months ago.. Will the game be released for PC on DVDs? I'd happily buy the game if it were on a disc. I like physical copies of games you see...

If there are different levels of All-Star moves and the Super forms are in there, I hope that Sonic and Shadow use them differently.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey look who you can just barely spot at 0:58.

I assume this is an early version of him there as he is not even holding the flag and is just sort of standing in the air.

Good eyes!

jRDRG.png

Smalfut.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9