Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Mecha Sonic from S3&K?

He'll be in his super form as a hazard in a flight section of the track.

• Thumbs Up 1

He'll be in his super form as a hazard in a flight section of the track.

Or he could destroy the path, forcing the racers to fly!

• Thumbs Up 3

Or he could destroy the path, forcing the racers to fly!

Why destroy it when Generations clearly showed that the stage starts to break as soon as a breeze hits?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd say get the Wii U version. Has some extra minigames and the textures apparently look better due to more memory(?).

I heard it has lots of issues :/

S0L has already said plenty of times that the Wii U has been fixed up since the initial demo at the events

• Thumbs Up 2

What console is the lead platform for this game? Last time, it was the PS3 I believe.

The PC version. If this is an option for you at all you should definitely get that version over all others.

Has all the best features of all the other platforms (all the non-exclusive characters, free online, best graphics, 120 fps). If what they say it's true then it's likely going to be the ultimate version of the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

The PC version. If this is an option for you at all you should definitely get that version over all others.

Has all the best features of all the other platforms (all the non-exclusive characters, free online, best graphics, 120 fps). If what they say it's true then it's likely going to be the ultimate version of the game.

The PC version will only be superior in terms of anything graphical if your PC can actually handle it. And there's the fact it won't have a physical release outside of Europe, nor will it have the Wii U exclusive features. Oh and if you have friends getting it for another platform, then that's probably the one to go for.

Free online also means little if you already pay for XBL Gold.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

-L- is asking what the lead development platform is, not which version performs the best and/or has the best features. I'm guessing it's the PS3 again, since that version is the one that's been shown since the game's announcement.

• Thumbs Up 5

If the PC version has the best everything, logic should denote that it's the lead platform unless there's something they're not telling us.

The PC version will only be superior in terms of anything graphical if your PC can actually handle it. And there's the fact it won't have a physical release outside of Europe, nor will it have the Wii U exclusive features. Oh and if you have friends getting it for another platform, then that's probably the one to go for.

The only reason you'd want a physical release is if you had no internet connection in which case you probably wouldn't have a computer that would be able to take advantage of the PC version's greatness anyways. I find the Wii U exclusive features to be useless gimmicks. Oh wow, a map screen and a camera that follows the projectile you just fired. I don't see why the game needs these things, the single advantage I see from the Wii U version is 5-player offline multiplayer. I don't know why I bother trying to convince anyone though, everyone here is just a blind Nintendo fanboy anyways and will follow that system regardless of whether or not it's the best version, because they're easily enticed by the promise of things like lame minigames, so whatever, I give up.

Edited by PsychoJosh

The only reason you'd want a physical release is if you had no internet connection in which case you probably wouldn't have a computer that would be able to take advantage of the PC version's greatness anyways. I find the Wii U exclusive features to be useless gimmicks. Oh wow, a map screen and a camera that follows the projectile you just fired. I don't see why the game needs these things, the single advantage I see from the Wii U version is 5-player offline multiplayer. I don't know why I bother trying to convince anyone though, everyone here is just a blind Nintendo fanboy anyways and will follow that system regardless of whether or not it's the best version, because they're easily enticed by the promise of things like lame minigames, so whatever, I give up.

1. You might want a physical release because you actually like to own physical copies of your games where possible.

2. The extra touches on Wii U are only fun add-ons, but I talking more about the extra game modes. Which again are only small, but still something to keep in mind if it's an option.

3. You're being much more of a blind PC fanboy than anyone is being a blind Nintendo fanboy. And if you care to read my post, it doesn't say anything along the lines of the Wii U version being the best. Ultimately it depends on what platforms you have, if the platform exclusive features matter and what your friends might also be getting.

4. Yes, please do give up. You're not helping anyone.

EDIT: Blimey, just realised this is the 'Racer Roster' thread. Sorry for keeping this so off-topic.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 9

Sonic Generations had all the "best features" yet was ported by a different dev team. While games may be developed on a PC, it doesn't mean the PC is the lead platform.

There's no need to call each others fanboys over this topic. In fact, we frown upon it and try to stop it on sight, so please do calm down. ^^

Instead of focusing on what is the ultimate platform, it all comes down to preferences. Sure, PC often carries superior graphics, but it also tends to require you to upgrade your hardware from time to time, even if you do have a gaming laptop/desktop bought just a year ago, contrary to gaming consoles that do not require this and still manage to play it very good and having hardware fully utilized and all that. You will also have to buy compatible controllers, unless you wish to play by keyboard and mouse.

Players often prefer to play on the systems where they already play most of their games and with the controller they are used to play with. Not personally saying no to PC versions of games. I play all, or at least most, of my games on PC. There is just also convenience and stuff to consider.

• Thumbs Up 6

Mentioning the PC version is pointless.~L~ said she was considering 3DS, Vita, PS3 or Wii U, so one can assume she doesn't want it on PC or simply can't.

If you want a handheld version next to your console version, you should think of what you want out of it. I'm gonna guess the Vita version will simply be the console version downgraded for the Vita's hardward, while the 3DS version will be more of a downgrade, but with more simplified missions, which at the same time means it'll have things different than the console version. So it comes down to whether you simply want basically the same game on the go, or something a bit different.

• Thumbs Up 5

It is really hard now to guess the remaining roster...SOL said on SEGA Forums that some are 2nd rep and some aren't, so that means at least 2 slots for 2nd reps and 5 slots for newbies

who are the most reasonable 2nd slots? Seeing Gum and Reala beeing chars from quite known and recently released games, the list of possible series that might get a second rep. are:

Super Monkey Ball: maybe the most well known franchise after Sonic. MeeMee was in SST, but frankly she looks so similiar to AiAi, and she might get replaced with Yam Yam, who is a raccoon, and she looks a lot nicer

Golden Axe: Tyris was in the 2006 game with a new look, though I find her inclusion unlikely

Samba the Amigo: the characters from this game are hilarious enough, but I don't think they are not so well known. Amiga is too similiar to Amigo (name and appearance)

Space Channel 5: I hope not to see Pudding again, she is so lifeless...Purge might be a neat addition, beeing a cool looking villain too :P

About other representations the series that might be introduced are:

Streets of Rage: very requested from the first All Stars game, and seeing Shinobi and Golden Axe I think they will end the "trilogy". Axel Stone as a racer of course

Puyo Pop: it was present in SST as mission layout, and it had a concept in ASR. Arle alongside Carbuncle driving a transformable Puyo car would be a cool things to see.

Phantasy Star: maybe the most profitable SEGA franchise after Sonic has never got any reference in All Stars games. I bet it is time now, but I have no idea which character could fit. a Rag Rappy?

Valkyria Chronicles: same as Phantasy Star. Selvaria might be a cool villain reference, as well as a female character, but I find it very very hopeless

Fighting Vipers: it is coming out, and Honey has quite a fan base...who knows?

about the returning spots, Alex Kidd and maybe Billy Hatcher are expected to return, appealing to a younger audience

Shenmue: as much as I would like to see Ryo back, hopes are quite vanished. I hope to be wrong, 'cause this game needs more spot to be able to return like it deserves.

Virtua Fighter: the series will be represented some way, but I don't expect a racer nor a track

and last I give my two cents about DLC, and those would have to be choices with some hope to be purchased.

Bayonetta: when you think about how she is popular, I'd definitely see her as the top in sales as DLC

Hell Yeah: SOL confirmed his exclusion for not beeing this popular yet. His game is doing quite well, who knows? Ash fits fine qith the game.

Shenmue: If Ryo is not really in the game, I bet a lot of people will be pissed off. He would be a sure one

Sonic The Hedgehog: another Sonic rep is maybe the most reasonable choice for DLC, assuring a ton of sales. Silver and Blaze are the most requested. One of them would be nice, and I prefer Blaze more

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

Why does everyone seem to think that Amiga is the only female Samba de Amigo character? I mean Linda, who looks a lot less similar to Amigo, has not only been there since the beginning, but in some cases has been considered more prominent then Amiga herself. She'd make a pretty nice Samba rep in my opinion.

As for the idea of Yan Yan, I can't see it happening, sure she's got a more unique design than Mee Mee, but the fact that she's not really a prominent character in the series lowers her chances. I really couldn't see anyone other than MeeMee, Baby, or GonGon getting in, with MeeMee being the most likely due to S0L's desire to add more female characters, and sorta due to her appearance in SST.

• Thumbs Up 2

I would be happier if they don't pick another character from an already used IP ;D

I think they picked Gum and Reala because of the HD releases and I'm cool with it. I still think if Ryo is not in, Sakura should take his place. I still dying to see Axel or Blaze from Streets of Rage or Sketch Turner from Comix Zone. Hopes for Alex Kidd and Billy's return :)

Super Monkey Ball: maybe the most well known franchise after Sonic. MeeMee was in SST, but frankly she looks so similiar to AiAi, and she might get replaced with Yam Yam, who is a raccoon, and she looks a lot nicer

Updated product descriptions are starting to appear in the US and Canada.

Best Buy US:

Synopsis

You can see the checkered flag in the distance. You hear an engine rev behind you, but you can't look back. Your eyes are pinned on the victory ahead of you. Suddenly, the road falls out from underneath your tires and becomes miles of endless water — this truly is racing transformed. Speed down winding highways as Sonic or one of his many All-Star friends, leaving nothing but dust in your wake as you clobber your opponents. The crowd is calling your name. Do you have what it takes to become an All-Star?

Overtake your opponents as Danica Patrick, Wreck It Ralph or any of the 20 classic Sega characters and racing heroes in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Defeat the competition through 16 different courses, each more challenging than the last. Weave through air, land or water in a vehicle that changes from car to boat and to plane as you race — and you must master all three to win. Aim one of your many weapons at your opponents to ensure a solid lead, but watch out — dangerous hazards await you at every turn. Compete with style and use daring moves to increase your All-Star meter and unlock new moves. Play online to prove you can take on new modes, such as the Grand Prix, Battle Arenas and even the World Tour. Test your ability to operate all three vehicles with new time trials and dart past your opponents on the new Outrun Bay Track. You can hear the crowd cheering, but will you be the first to cross the finish line?

FEATURES

• Bonus Edition includes exclusive Outrun Bay track with challenges and time trials, Metal Sonic and transforming vehicle, Metal Sonic Mod Pack and stickers for your in-game driver's license

• Speed down the track as one of over 20 legendary Sega characters or choose to play as Wreck It Ralph or racing superstar Danica Patrick

• Operate powerful transforming vehicles that change from cars to boats to planes mid-race — learn to master each one to become a racing legend

• Test your speed and agility — while avoiding dangerous hazards — as you navigate through 16 challenging, Sega history-inspired courses

• Adapt to different tracks, discover alternate routes, find new power-ups and more, but watch out — the road beneath your wheels can turn to water or air at any moment

• Push the limits, try daring moves and stylishly finesse your racing style to increase your All-Star meter and unleash devastating attacks on your competitors

• Win the Grand Prix, challenge all in Battle Arenas and prove your worth in the World Tour when you battle it out in thrilling multiplayer races for up to eight players

Heads up guys; I'm hearing MeeMee got confirmed at Manchester's Play Expo, driving a pink and white version of AiAi's old car.

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7604155

I'm glad to see MeeMee really. But just a recolour of AiAi's car? If that's true, that would be really lazy considering the talk about the vehicles being an extension of the character driving them.

inb4someonesaysbutmeemeeisjustarecolour

Edited by Blue Blood

As a big Super Monkey Ball fan I like MeeMee, but I think they should have used the slot for another franchise.

EDIT:

Also, I thought S0L said on the SEGA Forums that they wouldn't be announcing anything at the Play Expo?