Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I never found Meemee a good choice in Superstar tennis and I still don't find her a good choice here. If you like her, then fine. I'm cool with that. I just think that there were better choices that could have been made.

Edited by Riku
  • Thumbs Up 1

As a big Super Monkey Ball fan I like MeeMee, but I think they should have used the slot for another franchise.

EDIT:

Also, I thought S0L said on the SEGA Forums that they wouldn't be announcing anything at the Play Expo?

They don't have to specifically announce anything. Little smidges of information can just slip out sometimes. With the original game, we knew about Big before he was announced because you could very vaguely make him out in the far background of a screenshot. At events where videos are shown this thing is even more common.

Of course we don't know for sure if this is true yet.

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm kinda hoping that MeeMee's car is at least a bit more dynamic that it seems here. I fully expected her inclusion but was hoping that they'd do something more like a flower themed vehicle instead of just a recolored version of AiAi's (this also has me a bit worried as to how Gum's ride will look, seeing as S0L did say that her vehicle was similar to Beat's)

For someone that was expecting to see other series being represented in this, the game is really a big letdown.

NiGHTS was cool, but was Reala necessary being pretty much a "recolour"? Gum seems to have the same vehicle as Beat, but with a touch here and there and now MeeMee that is pretty much AiAi with a skirt and a flower in the head is driving a recolour of her male counterpart?

Edit: I know that there are 4 new series represented in the game for now, but having Reala, Gum and Meemee now is really killing my interest in this.

Edited by Tmsp

Because we didn't have enough monkeys already.

Edit: I know that there are 4 new series represented in the game for now, but having Reala, Gum and Meemee now is really killing my interest in this.

I'm probably more lenient towards Reala because it comes with a secondary character you'd not expect to show up period.

But yes we need more newcomers and not just the extended cast from SST.

Edited by Balding Spider

Ugh, Meemee? Why? She was pointless enough in Tennis, but here she is really useless. No redeeming character to her whatsoever, she is just Aiai with flowers (and a butt for a mouth).

If she was merely a sort of Skin for Aiai and doesn't take up a slot that wouldn't be too bad, but otherwise what a waste.

Edited by theGagaman
  • Thumbs Up 1

So Pudding's coming back too, I'm guessing.

Sigh... I really would've liked Aika. But alas, it was not to be.

As always, it's pointless to complain.

So don't bother.

Can't wait for Amiga, Gena, Pudding and Rolly Roll.

They said some remaining slots are for secondary characters, not all.

They said some remaining slots are for secondary characters, not all.

I'm joking, either way with those, there would still be 1 not secondary character and what they said would still be true.

After all this I would not be surprised if any of the ones I listed made it into the game.

Edited by Tmsp

I'm joking, either way with those, there would still be 1 not secondary character and what they said would still be true.

After all this I would not be surprised if any of the ones I listed made it into the game.

*psst* The smart money's on Pudding.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alex Kidd & Pudding are my bets, just another SST thing, to think the original racer had more obscure characters than it's sequel is a bit shit really.

MeeMee? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Definitely NOT the most interesting choice for a secondary character, but I'm cool with it.

I just realized that I want Super Soniko as a character. As for her All-Star move...well... NC-17, kiddos.

I heard that Super Soniko likes to bake cakes, so she would throw them at the other racers, if she fails, the cakes stay on the road and other guys slip on them.

Don't forget that the last few ASR characters were some of the most obscure in the game, hopefully that'll be the same case here.

I don't actually mind the inclusion of MeeMee as much as I feel I should have. Much like Gum, there's nothing wrong with an additional rep to a franchise. Admittedly, on a personal level, outside of the Sonic franchise I tend to prefer most of Sega's female cast as well so I'm glad we're getting a bit more of that this time around.

It's just a bit of a lame reveal to have this late in the game's marketing.

meh...MeeMee is quite lame as a choice...but i would have welcomed her if she had a different vehicle. It beeing a copy of AiAi's is really annoying. I hope to be wrong (we can't see her car so much)

MeeMee = Amy + AiAi

EVEN the same color as Amy's car???? Sorry but this slot is the worst. Yam Yam would have been a lot better. 3 monkeys....

Ok, a character doesn't mean anything, I know, I hope to see JUST ONE MORE secondary character (and not Pudding please) and I hope the next reveals will be better.

I hope Gum's vehicle will be different enough from Beat's, just like Reala is compared to NiGHTS

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

I don't actually mind the inclusion of MeeMee as much as I feel I should have. Much like Gum, there's nothing wrong with an additional rep to a franchise. Admittedly, on a personal level, outside of the Sonic franchise I tend to prefer most of Sega's female cast as well so I'm glad we're getting a bit more of that this time around.

It's just a bit of a lame reveal to have this late in the game's marketing.

Echos my thoughts to a T.

I'm not enthused about Meemee, but not bothered by her inclusion. It's not really a reveal, though, given she just popped up in a demo of the game and SEGA didn't go all out featuring her in a trailer or press release. Personally I think the Danica Patrick trailer should have revealed all the secondary females, sort of a girl power thing where we see Gum, Meemee, Amy, Ulala and whatever else is coming.

Please, no Pudding, though. I love SC5, but Pudding is not a good choice when it comes to other characters from the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'd love to play as Purge, and Jaguar is another choice I think is better than Pudding. I'd understand Pudding's inclusion though, with her being Ulala's rival and all.

• Thumbs Up 1