Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I really don't want to complain about it too much, but isn't MeeMee just AiAi with a head corsage and a pink dress?

I really don't want to complain about it too much, but isn't MeeMee just AiAi with a head corsage and a pink dress?

You tell me.

688px-Meemee_step_and_roll.jpg

The remaining characters are all secondaries. Calling it now.

It's already been confirmed that that's not the case.

Sumo, why are you including so many secondary racers? I understand Rala and Gum (recently released HD remakes) but why MeeMee; she's a clone of AiAi. I'm betting there's one more secondary racer (a SC 5 character), Billy, Alex Kidd, Ryo and two or so more new comers.

So expected but urghh what a waste of a character slot. Nobody cares about Mee Mee and three primate characters again? I don't get why with cross over games like this and Smash Bros the secondary character is rarely the series villain and usually the sidekick instead?

So expected but urghh what a waste of a character slot. Nobody cares about Mee Mee and three primate characters again? I don't get why with cross over games like this and Smash Bros the secondary character is rarely the series villain and usually the sidekick instead?

I can understand why Sumo and SEGA is doing this for; to highlight IPs that are important to them. The sole reason for the secondary racers is advertisement for the remakes/new tittles (Gum and Rala for the HD remakes, MeeMee for the PS Vita Monkey Ball) so it does make sense. Its still a slap in the face though as heavily demanded racers are still not announced or got deconfirmed like Ristar, Eco, Toe Jam and Earl, and Vectorman.

It's already been confirmed that that's not the case.

I know. It's my way of saying don't get your hopes up. Prepare for disappointment.

I'm just talking about the characters. We've got at least one secondary left. There is barely any hope left for more newcomers.

Yeah I understand its for advertising reasons but there is just zero character to Mee Mee whatsoever, as everyone else has said she literally is just AiAi in a dress, at least Gum and Reala are totally different to Beat and NiGHTS respectively.

If we need a SC5 secondary you know Space Michael should replace Pudding ;)

So many better characters in SC5 than Pudding. I'd say it would practically be a disservice to the game for her to be the one they picked. Unfortunately it seems that'll be the case.

I so badly want Sarah Bryant. I guess she's always been a pipe dream from the beginning though.

Yeah I understand its for advertising reasons but there is just zero character to Mee Mee whatsoever, as everyone else has said she literally is just AiAi in a dress, at least Gum and Reala are totally different to Beat and NiGHTS respectively.

If we need a SC5 secondary you know Space Michael should replace Pudding wink.png

If you want another tidbit someone managed to get the racers stats from the Manchester footage:

Sonic: Speed 5, Accel 2, Handling, 3, Boost 2, All-Star 2

Tails: Speed 2, Accel 3, Handling 5, Boost 2, All-Star 4

Knuckles: Speed: 3, Accel 3, Handling 4, Boost 3, All-Star 1

AiAi: Speed 2, Accel 5, Handling 3, Boost 2, All-Star 4

Beat: Speed 2, Accel 3, Handling 4, Boost 3, All-Star 1

Amy: Speed 2, Accel 4, Handling 4, Boost 2, All-Star 2

B.D. Joe: Speed 5, Accel 2, Handling 2, Boost 3, All-Star 1

MeeMee: Speed 2, Accel 5, Handling 4, Boost 1, All-Star 2

Ulala: Speed 1, Accel 4, Handling 4, Boost 3, All-Star 3

Ralph: Speed 4, Accel 2, Handling 2, Boost 4, 1 All-Star 1

Odd... I thought the All-Star Stat was removed?

Edited by FourCartridge

So, the new gameplay footage from the Play Expo confirms 23 racers for the Xbox 360 version, though there will be 24 with the Metal Sonic DLC. Looks like those new retailer listings I posted saying 20 SEGA characters might be spot on. If there really are 29 characters across platforms, with one being Nintendo's Mii, then the other 4 must be platform exclusives. Didn't we get a hint that one is a PC exclusive?

So, the new gameplay footage from the Play Expo confirms 23 racers for the Xbox 360 version, though there will be 24 with the Metal Sonic DLC. Looks like those new retailer listings I posted saying 20 SEGA characters might be spot on. If there really are 29 characters across platforms, with one being Nintendo's Mii, then the other 4 must be platform exclusives. Didn't we get a hint that one is a PC exclusive?

But he has revealed the starting roster, at least for 360: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, AiAi, Beat, Amy, BD Joe, MeeMee, and Ralph.

and Ulala too, is part of the 10 characters shown in that version. 10 starting racers.

Updated the first page to include MeeMee. Also added a few notes about the 23/24 count and Sumo's hints that character count =/= roster count.

---

As of now we have sources pointing to 20 SEGA racers included on disc, with 21 being the count adding Metal Sonic DLC. One piece for the Wii U lists 22, but this is noted as a character count and not a racer count, which could have something to do with Sumo's hints.

Here is the roster as we know it now:

18 SEGA characters known of (potentially) 20 total:

Sonic the Hedgehog - returning

Tails - returning

Knuckles - returning

Amy - returning

Shadow - returning

Eggman - returning

Amigo - returning

Aiai - returning

Beat - returning

B.D. Joe - returning

Ulala - returning

MeeMee - NEW

Gum - NEW

NiGHTS - NEW

Reala - NEW

Vyse - NEW

Gilius - NEW

Joe Musashi - NEW

??? - new or returning

??? - said to represent multiple IPs, final unlockable

1 DLC character known of 1 total:

Metal Sonic - returning

4 guests known of (potentially) 5 total:

Wreck-It Ralph - NEW

Danica Patrick - NEW

360 Avatar - returning

Wii U Mii - returning

??? - potentially NEW, hinted as a platform exclusive, possibly PC (Valve character?)

This all totals to 26, three shy of what we had thought was 29. If S0L's hints lead to 3 more characters via alternate methods (alternate drivers, multiple characters for one racer) then we would have hit our 29 total.

---

Compared to the last game, the following characters have yet to be confirmed or are not returning. If the 20 count is correct, only one racer has the potential to return. There is a chance, however, that the remaining past racers could cameo as NPC, given that SumoRex has said we should expect cameos. S0L has said that we won't see cars with more than one character in the drivers seat. So any multi-character cars are likely to not return, and if they do then one character will be dropped.

Big the Cat - confirmed to not be returning

Jacky & Akira - multi-character car, potentially not returning or returning with only one character

The Bonanza Bros - multi-character car, potentially not returning or returning with only one character

Opa Opa

Chu Chus - multi-character car, potentially not returning or returning with only one character

Alex Kidd

Ryo Hazuki

Zobio & Zobiko - multi-character car, potentially not returning or returning with only one character

Billy Hatcher

My personal take: Big, Jacky & Akira, Bonanza Bros, Chu Chus, Zobio & Zobiko and Billy Hatcher are not returning. Opa Opa, Alex Kidd or Ryo Hazuki are likely to fill the second to last SEGA slot, with Alex Kidd the most likely.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing's roster represented 14 different SEGA franchises

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed's roster represents 10 different SEGA franchises so far, with the potential for 12 minimum and an unspecified maximum given there is a racer hinted to represent multiple IPs.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget that the last few ASR characters were some of the most obscure in the game, hopefully that'll be the same case here.

I remember S0L saying this character might not be as obscure as we think. He said that at ComicCon (I guess it was that), some teenagers were playing the Golden Axe track and one of them said: "why is it called Golden Axe? There's no axes here!". That showed that these people weren't even born when GA was released, and for they, this was an obscure game/track/char. So, even something as old as Sonic or Alex Kidd could be the obscure IP.

Edited by Jango

Minor thing, but I wonder if all the characters will have a new render.

As for now, the Sonic characters, AiAi and those who not appeared in the first Racing game have a new one, and BD Joe , Beat and Ulala use the older one.

Beat atleast should have a new one because its based on a diferent version of the character.

Oh hey, it's Opa Opa! As a sticker. Either we can expect Opa Opa to return as a racer, or Opa Opa and other past All-Stars cameo on stickers:

RULLw.png

• Thumbs Up 1

In the video, S0L mentions that there is a PC version in the works, we've not heard or seen anything about that version. What are the odds that could get every character bar the Mii's?

Can Opa Opa even transform into a boat or any water traversing vehicle for that matter?

Opa Opa can fly, and can drive, but I don't think he has ever been a boat. But I don't think he'll be playable in the game. Probably only in cameos as a sticker and as an NPC in a track.