Knuckles: Speed: 3, Accel 3, Handling 4, Boost 3, All-Star 1

AiAi: Speed 2, Accel 5, Handling 3, Boost 2, All-Star 4

Beat: Speed 2, Accel 3, Handling 4, Boost 3, All-Star 1

Amy: Speed 2, Accel 4, Handling 4, Boost 2, All-Star 2

B.D. Joe: Speed 5, Accel 2, Handling 2, Boost 3, All-Star 1

MeeMee: Speed 2, Accel 5, Handling 4, Boost 1, All-Star 2

Ulala: Speed 1, Accel 4, Handling 4, Boost 3, All-Star 3

Ralph: Speed 4, Accel 2, Handling 2, Boost 4, 1 All-Star 1

That slight imbalance. Wondering how much mods affect things. If I had to guess, it'll probably be a fucking ton.

Knuckles has the most balanced stats out of those 10 characters which pleases me. Just makes it easier for me to dominate.

I think...

29 Are the total = Avatar's and Mii's include with DLC and 3rd Guest.

Xbox360 = 28 Racer's because Xbox360 don't have the Mii´s.

Edited by Eatr61

no, 29 racers total across all platforms, but not one platform holds all 29, i think S0L means there are 29 characters made for the game altogether but are spread across different platforms?

no, 29 racers total across all platforms, but not one platform holds all 29, i think S0L means there are 29 characters made for the game altogether but are spread across different platforms?

Xbox360 = 28

WiiU = 28

PS3 = 27

3DS = ?

PSVita = ?

Maybe?

If we have 29 Racer's, Substract the characters like Avatar's and Mii's for plataform and you have the number of possible racers in each console.

[sorry for my english, I can speak and write english but not very well]

Edited by Eatr61

Oh hey, it's Opa Opa! As a sticker. Either we can expect Opa Opa to return as a racer, or Opa Opa and other past All-Stars cameo on stickers:

RULLw.png

Back when everyone had a game-crush on Vectorman and his likelyhood of showing up, and S0L came down and destroyed everyone's hopes with his hammer of manliness, I think it was mentioned that just because a character doesn't appear as a racer, doesn't mean they won't appear as a cameo or as a sticker.

This strongly seems to be one of these cases. Even though everyone's complaining about MeeMee contradicting the method of choosing/creating characters for the racers, or that vehicles with two or more characters being out is lame or easily fixable, OpaOpa doesn't have /any/ driver. Even NiGHTS/Reala had drivers given to them, even though the official explanation was a silly one~

We shall see Chooch, we shall see...

Nah, I don't think so.

Joe prefers to use Knuckles for any World Tour event that requires precision placement, so in some cases he's more than the best choice for the job. Proof is in the playing :P

Opa Opa probably won't appear because the character was the car the last game. With all the balancing, I'm not so sure it would work this time around.

SOL also said that some versions will have characters in the lower 20's. ..I wonder if that is the 3DS?

Well right now the Xbox version has 23, so that classifies as low 20s as well.

Uh... don't all versions have 23 characters revealed? Well, the 360/Wii might have one more with the Mii/Avatar characters.

Not all versions have 23 characters confirmed.

The currently confirmed roster has 18 Sega characters. Danica Patrick, and Wreck It-Ralph bring the total to 20. Metal Sonic as DLC brings it to 21. The final guest character that has not been shown yet brings the count to 22. A slot for a Mii or Avatar character brings the total to 23.

The PS3 version has 22 since it doesn't have a Mii or Avatar equivalent.

The currently confirmed roster has 18 Sega characters. Danica Patrick, and Wreck It-Ralph bring the total to 20. Metal Sonic as DLC brings it to 21. The final guest character that has not been shown yet brings the count to 22. A slot for a Mii or Avatar character brings the total to 23.

DLC doesn't count in the number, i.e. Metal Sonic. Again, it's misleading concentrating on that number, but that will become clear.

---

S0L

---

...Isn't that what I said in my post?

Well, the 360/Wii might have one more with the Mii/Avatar characters.

And I guess the DLC doesn't count, so lower all versions by 1.

Edit: Oooh, I think it may have looked like I meant that the 360/Wii have 24 characters instead of them having 23 and PS3/etc have 23-1 (22).

Edited by Autosaver

So...much...math in this topic!:P anyways, I wonder if we'll get more DLC as time goes on. At Sonic boom, they seemed like they would be able to do it. What with hyping up the crowd like that. I hope it isn't just a few pretty uninteresting things, and metal sonic and the death egg.

I'd want character packs. Ideally they'd come in threes like in a game like Forza Motorsport or PGR.

I guess there'd be a Sonic Extras pack consisting of Rouge, Silver and Blaze. Then a Genesis Heroes pack hopefully with Ristar in it. And like in Super Street Fighter IV there'd be the option to download the catalogues so you could play against them online even if you don't wanna buy them.

I'd like that actually. Seems like a doable idea. Pricing should probably bee $5 or so. 3 characters per pack and maybe 3 packs. each coming with a stage. Although I'd be open to the idea of having one character to download, if you don't like all three.

DLC doesn't count in the number, i.e. Metal Sonic. Again, it's misleading concentrating on that number, but that will become clear.

This is getting stupid.

If slots =/= the number of characters, then why the fuck does MeeMee have a slot and isn't just on the same slot as AiAi? It'd make sense for one slot to be AiAi / MeeMee, another to be NiGHTS / Reala, and another to be Beat / Gum, but right now that isn't the case.

If it was, what you're saying would make a lot more sense.

Edited by Chooch

No, I think tracks and characters should remain separate. $5 for three characters AND a track would be an excellent deal but I don't think Sega would find it profitable.

This is getting stupid.

Don't be rude to S0L.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have a feeling that the 23 will increase as you unlock the last characters - it wouldn't be the first time a game did that.

Anyway, here's an interesting tidbit:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?409253-Semi-official-fire-questions-at-SUMO-and-get-vague-responses-thread&p=7606679&viewfull=1#post7606679

"Where does it say the Roster count is low? You're making assumptions. It has the same number of characters as the WiiU, and that includes the secondary characters."

So the 3DS and WiiU versions have the same number of characters. And I think it's safe to say that every system will be getting the secondary characters (one or two people were speculating on them being exclusives for some reason...)

Chooch, settle down.

Also, where did you get slots from SOL's post? All I saw is that DLC is not included in the overall amount, unless I'm missing something?

Edit: WOAH WAIT A SECOND. If SOL just confirmed that the 3DS has the same number of characters as the Wii U, then what version is going to end up in the low 20's? I get it that we're there right now, but almost every version is right now. Well, I guess we could end up with more surprises such as version exclusives but I have no idea.

Edited by Autosaver

I think we need to calm down here a bit. Clearly, there is some reason for the 23 slots not matching the number we've previously been told. S0L hasn't flat out lied to us yet and I don't see why he would start now.

Let's just wait for whatever it is that S0L can't tell us about right now before we start reacting.

• Thumbs Up 1

If this game does get DLC, I highly doubt we'd get characters in packs of three for such a cheap price, remember that SUMO would have to create 4 vehicle models(land,sea,air,transforming) for each racer, plus the last game only had one track and one character, at a high price.

I don't understand why it's such a big deal whether or not [x character] is in the game. I'm not saying that the topic is irrelevant and we shouldn't bother talking about characters, but I'm just curious why it would make or break the game for you. It doesn't really make the gameplay any less fun, does it? Maybe it's just because I haven't played the first one; I just find it weird.

The appeal and charm to the game does infact decrease. Look at lots of crossover games. It's still a fun game yes. But some of that excitment gets lost.