Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Completely and utterly irrelevant to the current conversation but I'm still so curious to see NiGHTS and Reala's car forms, I can't imagine them looking anything but weird with wheels and I certainly hope they haven't used the JoD car because I just can't take that seriously...

Just askin, but would anyone else explode into tiny confetti pieces if A Transformer was the 3rd guest Character. I know I would.

• Thumbs Up 3

Imagine if the 3rd guest was none other than Bentley Jones.

Doesn't Bentley Jones hate SEGA?

There are some rumors floating around that the Wii U version might have extra characters...

...Captian Falcon?

Pretty please?

My greatest dream is for Earthworm Jim to be the third guest character, but alas, it is only a dream...

Edited by wOrm

Yeah, unfortunately, Doug Tennapel is rather anal about what happens with his franchise and has said that he hates Sonic.

I don't mind MeeMee to be included in the sequel. But I hope that Billy Hatcher will return and having a Virtua Fighter rep to compete and then I'll be so glad. If not, then I'll be cool with it.

Completely and utterly irrelevant to the current conversation but I'm still so curious to see NiGHTS and Reala's car forms, I can't imagine them looking anything but weird with wheels and I certainly hope they haven't used the JoD car because I just can't take that seriously...

• Thumbs Up 1

well, i can't see them being anything like normal cars since these are the beings of dreams and Nightmares so they're bound to be bizzare and very strange looking, i trust Sumo's design direction enough to give them the benefit of the doubt that they'll be very awesome.

My question though is how you'll perform the transform animation on something that isn't mechanical? since NiGHTS and Reala are technically living beings, and they're the only none mechanical vehicle shown so far, even Gillius' Ox/Bull is made of Iron and his Turtle and Eagle. Just curious!

My question though is how you'll perform the transform animation on something that isn't mechanical? since NiGHTS and Reala are technically living beings, and they're the only none mechanical vehicle shown so far, even Gillius' Ox/Bull is made of Iron and his Turtle and Eagle. Just curious!

• Thumbs Up 1

yeah but they're all mechanical no matter the effect, NiGHTS/Reala are living beings morphed to cars/planes/boats, i'm thinking sparkles too xD.

There's really a load of vehicles shown that don't mechanically transform. Amigo's does it though a shower of ballons and confetti, Ralph's has a yellow energy thing, and even Gillius' uses that lighting potion effect. I'm personally thinking some sort of magic sparklet effect. XD

Another update on characters per system:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?409253-Semi-official-fire-questions-at-SUMO-and-get-vague-responses-thread&p=7608288&viewfull=1#post7608288

"Sorry, but it's very unlikely this will be confirmed before release. In fact it may never be confirmed until the year is up. It will make sense in time. Console versions are all pretty equal though, PS3 doesn't have an Avatar or Mii equivelent, but otherwise they're all the same."

Until the year is up? This sounds very peculiar...

But it looks like we can stop worrying about a particular system getting a bum deal.

Another update on characters per system:

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7608288

"Sorry, but it's very unlikely this will be confirmed before release. In fact it may never be confirmed until the year is up. It will make sense in time. Console versions are all pretty equal though, PS3 doesn't have an Avatar or Mii equivelent, but otherwise they're all the same."

Until the year is up? This sounds very peculiar...

But it looks like we can stop worrying about a particular system getting a bum deal.

Might this mean we're getting DLC after launch?

Might this mean we're getting DLC after launch?

??!!!!

Tho, I still think that every version will have the same ammount of Sega chars. That was obvious since the start. WiiU and 360 have one more because of Mii and Avatar respectively and that's it.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Console versions are all pretty equal though, PS3 doesn't have an Avatar or Mii equivelent, but otherwise they're all the same.

That is all I needed to know. I can rest easy now with the 360 version. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Perhaps they are doing a Tekken Tag 2 thing where certain characters are time released via patch. It's a cheeky way of increasing the lifespan of a game.

It could be that each system gets a specific character to themselves, and over time they all get the ones the others have unlocked via patch.

A very elaborate and farfetched theory, but it's not outside the realms of possibility...

It's a cheeky way of increasing the lifespan of a game.

I think you mean "cheap and underhanded". :V

Anyway, even if they did something like that, it's not like people wouldn't just hack the game and find them. :\

Edited by Sexy n' Smooth Wario

This is interesting...

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?409253-Semi-official-fire-questions-at-SUMO-and-get-vague-responses-thread&p=7610212&viewfull=1#post7610212

PC won't miss out on any of the console characters bar anything platform specific (i.e. Avatar and Mii).

When I made that original 'low 20's' comment it was before some things changed. Now, things are more balanced. Again, I'm not going to talk any more about numbers of characters on platforms, you'll have to wait and see.

Edited by FourCartridge
  • Thumbs Up 2