Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

She was. Yes.

And this is despite the Miku fansites promoting her like crazy. The vast majority of which had no interest in the game... Which is why I can't wait to see ASRT suddenly skyrocket up to the number 1 spot of the charts from all these new sales... because thats whats going to happen right?

They have no interest in the game because Miku isn't in it and they are Miku fans. It's like saying we Sonic fans have no interest in Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL (in fact most of us would never know this game exists) and suddenly there's news that Sonic and pals are included as DLC. Interest of that game rises from us. The Sonic franchise has a huge fanbase so there's going to be at least a 1/3 of fans who's going now get that game.

Same thing will happen with Transformed. If I wasn't a Sonic fan, and I heard Miku's going to be available as DLC I will suddenly start thinking of getting the game. No I don't think Transformed will skyrocket to #1 in charts because it's way too late for that. The majority of Sonic, Sega and fans of racing already got the game. This should have been done on day 1 if Sega was that serious of wanting to break the charts.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Wasn't Miku beaten in signatures by Segata and Ryo? It would be a bit silly if they chose her when two other characters had a higher demand. Not unlikely, but it would be a bit strange.

Sumo Digital & SEGA: Include Ryo Hazuki for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: 3,381 signatures

Sumo Digital & SEGA: Include Hatsune Miku for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: 3,187 signatures

Sumo Digital & SEGA: Include Segata Sanshiro for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: 2,614 signatures

What is this Segata Sanshiro having a higher demand than Hatsune Miku?

Edit:

Sumo Digital & SEGA: Include Vectorman for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: 1,221 signatures  

Sumo Digital & SEGA: Include Bayonetta for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: 1,218 signatures

Sumo Digital & SEGA: Include Ristar for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: 1,081 signatures

Sumo Digital & SEGA: Include Toejam & Earl for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: 1,016 signatures

Sumo Digital & SEGA: Include Billy Hatcher for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: 693 signatures

Sumo Digital & SEGA: Include Nack The Weasel for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: 607 signatures

Sumo Digital & SEGA: Include Axel Stone for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: 584 signatures

It's been two months since the DLC had received approval, how long is the DLC process? Had the DLC character been quietly canceled because they couldn't come up with a proper vehicle design in time?

Edited by Kareemadeem

They have no interest in the game because Miku isn't in it and they are Miku fans. It's like saying we Sonic fans have no interest in Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL (in fact most of us would never know this game exists) and suddenly there's news that Sonic and pals are included as DLC. Interest of that game rises from us. The Sonic franchise has a huge fanbase so there's going to be at least a 1/3 of fans who's going now get that game.

Same thing will happen with Transformed. If I wasn't a Sonic fan, and I heard Miku's going to be available as DLC I will suddenly start thinking of getting the game. No I don't think Transformed will skyrocket to #1 in charts because it's way too late for that. The majority of Sonic, Sega and fans of racing already got the game. This should have been done on day 1 if Sega was that serious of wanting to break the charts.

Ahhhhhhhhhh

I was waiting for this reply. I didn't know who would make it, but... well... I was waiting for this reply.

You see, I knew someone would claim that a portion of those Miku fans would suddenly gain an interest and try to give an example using Sonic.

Unfortunately... we actually have an example of this happening... we have several in fact. Sonic being put into a game that has nothing do to with him, yet did the sales of that game go up? Nope, in fact theres barely any change.

Super Monkey Ball had Sonic DLC. Did the sales of that game suddenly go up? Nope, in fact has anyone here ever talked about that fact?

Even a Miku game had a game which had Sonic themed DLC in it, is anyone here even aware of that game?

In fact since 1996 Sonic has appeared in at least 8 non Sonic games (according to the history of Sonic book), in some cases as a major character and gameplay addition. Yet I've not seen anyone on here go on about Sonic's cameo in Sega Bass Fishing or how Beach Strikers and Virtua Striker 3 desperately need a digital release so they can enjoy their Sonic goodness, in fact I doubt many people are even aware of most of them, yet I doubt very much ebay sales are going to get a spike if I told you that Feel The Magic has sonic themed items in it if one has Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3 or battle in the GBA slot of a Ninendo DS.

People do not buy games for DLC, they buy games for the main attraction. If Miku fans and lets be honest here, the vast majority of those who voted for her have no interest at all in the game (especially if some of those article on the miku fansite/facebook are anything to go) why are they... no wait... why would anyone rush out and buy a game they have no interest in for DLC?

Just look at Playstation All-Stars, the guy from Dead Space is coming out as a DLC character, anyone seriously expecting all the Dead Space fans to suddenly pick up the game?

• Thumbs Up 2

well, Super Smash Bros brawl is kinda the exception, but like I said, its an exception, there are a number of sonic fans who bought it for it, however, its already a triple A title, so its not like a medium to semi popular game, its already got a large number of fans, sonic just tipped a few more over the edge, but not a ton, and it was a release character as well

Ahhhhhhhhhh

I was waiting for this reply. I didn't know who would make it, but... well... I was waiting for this reply.

So you set a mouse trap, and a mouse (me) fell into it. -.-;;

Well let's see if I can wriggle out of the trap...

Super Monkey Ball had Sonic DLC. Did the sales of that game suddenly go up? Nope, in fact has anyone here ever talked about that fact?

What Super Monkey Ball game is this? Was it even advertized?

Even a Miku game had a game which had Sonic themed DLC in it, is anyone here even aware of that game?

This is very easy to tackle. 1) Sonic isn't famous in Japan. So the game sales wouldn't rise that much. 2) And where Sonic is famous, Project DIVA Extend wasn't released in those countries. In fact no Miku game is released outside Japan/Asia. So of course no one is aware of it, unless you are a Hatsune Miku fan.

In fact since 1996 Sonic has appeared in at least 8 non Sonic games (according to the history of Sonic book), in some cases as a major character and gameplay addition. Yet I've not seen anyone on here go on about Sonic's cameo in Sega Bass Fishing or how Beach Strikers and Virtua Striker 3 desperately need a digital release so they can enjoy their Sonic goodness, in fact I doubt many people are even aware of most of them, yet I doubt very much ebay sales are going to get a spike if I told you that Feel The Magic has sonic themed items in it if one has Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3 or battle in the GBA slot of a Ninendo DS.

There's a difference between themed DLC and playable characters. You know Super Smash Bros. Brawl? I'm talking about that. A playable Sonic, not a cameo where he sits in the background. Or a statue. Or some character dressing up as Sonic.

And Miku fans are actually taking their time to sign the petition, which means they are showing interest. I wouldn't had said anything in the first place if she had little to no signatures.

People do not buy games for DLC, they buy games for the main attraction. If Miku fans and lets be honest here, the vast majority of those who voted for her have no interest at all in the game (especially if some of those article on the miku fansite/facebook are anything to go) why are they... no wait... why would anyone rush out and buy a game they have no interest in for DLC?

I don't understand. You are saying the ones on Facebook will not get the game. Why? How do you know that? Did they comment saying they won't get the game?

Transformed is a solid racing game already. It's not a mediocre title. So the setup is there already. It just needs that extra push. And if Transformed is releasing in Japan, they have to take that advantage of putting Miku in. Her PS3 game (Project Diva F) has sold over 100,000 copies within ONE week in Japan (and it's a re-release of the Vita version). Sonic isn't that famous in Japan, so if they sell the game there the way it is it probably wouldn't do well.

We can't really tell on how many Hatsune Miku gamers are there in the west. Until at least one game comes out over here.

And what about Vectorman or Segata? What would they bring to the table? Sure it's for the SEGA hardcores, but let's be honest Sega wouldn't expect much income from them. Even the guy from Yakuza would do better.

Just look at Playstation All-Stars, the guy from Dead Space is coming out as a DLC character, anyone seriously expecting all the Dead Space fans to suddenly pick up the game?

Nobody asked for Issac Clarke in PSAS. It's not like there was a petition for this character to be in it. You know when people were crying for Crash and Spyro in the game? If they were in the game, the game wouldn't have bombed like it is now.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

I am just going to resign myself to expecting Miku as the DLC racer. That way when it is announced I won't rage quit life.