Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Do you mean to say that you thought Virtua Fighter 5 sucked??? Maaaan, you gotta get the frag out if you think that. VF5 = awesome fighting game. VF franchise = astounding franchise.

However I agree that their car (which was lovingly inspired by OutRun) was no good. I wish they rocked harder on the track, because I was excited for their addition.

Actually it was based on this car Jacky was driving in the intro to Virtua Fighter Kids.

Already mentioned but my two biggest wants would be Gum as a character and PSO getting stage representation (ideally Gal Da Val island for it's wide variety of locations and the fact that I might just eargasm everywhere over a Jacques remix of "Jungle").

I mained as Amy on ASR1 though so I'm already covered whatever they do.

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually it was based on this car Jacky was driving in the intro to Virtua Fighter Kids.

Ah! Right you are. I own VFKids too. Should have remembered that. Though given Yu Suzuki's love for red race cars, I'm sure that too was OutRun inspired or just another red AM2 race car.

By thing with Ryo is, while I can see him on a motorcycle and forklift, I can't imagine him on a boat or airplane. Though Sumo has surprised me in the past, so they may find a way to make Ryo work.

All I want is Metal Sonic. No really, the rest of the cast could be like, Sega forums members and I wouldn't care 'cause Metal Sonic would be there, kicking ass and taking names.

But really, I do want to see Ristar. Vectorman would be an amazing addition, just cause he could BE his own vehicle. XD

Oh yeah, I also agree with JezMM. There needs to be PSO stage representation. I'd like Seabed, personally, but even something like Pioneer II would be sweet.

Edited by D-Metal X
  • Thumbs Up 1

Given that PSO2 is out this year, I could see a PSO stage to help advertise the sequel. Same goes for Shenmue. If rumors of a digital relrelease are true, it would be wise to have Ryo return and to give him a track to promote the rereleases.

Remember, Skies of Arcadia was teased for a rerelease and Vyse ended up being in this game.

Jet Set Radio is getting a rerelease this summer and Beat is back to his JSR look.

So many characters I'd like to see... I know absolutely nothing about the franchise what-so-ever but Max from Dinosaur King would be a cool addition.

If you really want to dig deep into SEGA history Bin and Pin from Dynamite Düx could be a new duo of characters, though I doubt many people would remember them and they're inclusion would probably confuse Sonic fans who'd assume they were just Bean recolours...

Hmm...Maybe The Girl from Project Rub? Since we need more female characters and you could get quite creative with her vehicles since well, literally anything can happen in those games.

Also Greendog The Beached Surfer Dude LOL NO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of Sonic characters I'd love to see Metal Sonic returning and Silver, Blaze and Omega (and Jet) as new characters. Seriously, Omega is the perfect choice for a game like that! He could be a part of his vehicle that would transform with him as well. That'd be cool.

Given it's a spin-off, E-102 could return. Sadly, he probably won't due to Omega. I miss Gamma... He was in Shuffle and Battle and that was about it for spin-offs.

I mained Alex Kidd in ASR, so hopefully he'll be making a comeback.

Also, I know it's probably quite unlikely due to how new the game is and the fact that ASRT has probably been in development for a while, but I'd squee with joy if Raphael from Rhythm Thief somehow made it in. You know, because FUNKY.

• Thumbs Up 3

Do you mean to say that you thought Virtua Fighter 5 sucked??? Maaaan, you gotta get the frag out if you think that. VF5 = awesome fighting game. VF franchise = astounding franchise.

Yes I do. I've never been a fan of the way their combos and stuff are set up. I do like the fact that it's a lot more realistic than the Capcom fighters, but I just couldn't get into it.

Vectorman is a must, he can simply morph into whatever he wants.

And Bayonetta could do the same with her hair, really want her in.

Here's something I've been wondering about Segata Sanshiro if he's included this time. Obviously he would have to ride a Sega Saturn as his vehicle, right? What the hell would the transformations do? Just make the Saturn grow wings when in flight? And don't get me started on the water sections. Everyone knows you don't let water touch your game consoles...

Here's something I've been wondering about Segata Sanshiro if he's included this time. Obviously he would have to ride a Sega Saturn as his vehicle, right? What the hell would the transformations do? Just make the Saturn grow wings when in flight? And don't get me started on the water sections. Everyone knows you don't let water touch your game consoles...

the more i think about it, the more i doubt Bayonetta will make the cut because she was overly sexuallized in her game and this game is mostly targeted to a younger audience, if any female's will make it in, i could see Blaze or Gum or even Rhythe/Mew given the JSR port to XBLA this year, but Bayonetta.. i don't think taunting your opponents in an adult way will cut it for a kids game, unless they toned her down, but seriously, where is the fun in a none over the top Bayonetta? i'd rather they drop her if they aren't sticking to her personality.

Bayonetta would be a excellent addition to the series. I'd just love to hear some of the banter she'd have for the other racers on the track. Also wouldn't mind some Sakura Wars representation, but I doubt that would ever happen. I'd love to see Sakura driving through the tracks in a Kobou style vehicle.

I really want Bayonetta, Ristar, and Ecco to make the cut. Espicially Ecco because I'm curious what kind of car he'll get. Maybe a giant fish bowl or one of those boats on wheels like the ones you see in spongebob.

I can't see Ecco in a car, but I CAN see an Ecco track. Drive through underwater tubes like in Seaside Hill's ASR1 track, boat on the water while Ecco and his friends leap around. Final lap the aliens attack and suck the sealife up out of the sea, the racers transform into flight mode and take down the aliens. Sounds epic, no?

• Thumbs Up 3

I would love to see Ristar, Vectorman, Blaze & Bayonetta! smile.png

Even though I mained the ChuChu's in ASR (Until Metal Sonic came along of course tongue.png) I could stand to have them replaced by Amitie,Arle,and Ringo in a Puyomobile tongue.png

Vectorman could be very creative due to his ability to be his own car.

Since we were cheated out of NiGHTS the first time around, Sega and Sumo should make up for it by giving us NiGHTS, Reala and a stage (would love Crystal Castle but Twinseeds would look glorious in HD)

Also if Ulala returns I'd prefer the orange costume. Evila or Pudding would be kind of cool too.

Neptune/Purple Heart would also be badass though she'd probably be PS3 only (which I don't have) though each "console" from Neptunia would be cool on their individual consoles.

Edited by AmitieAkiera

He'll find you... thats what what he does... THATS ALL HE DOES! YOU CAN'T STOP HIM! HE'LL WADE THROUGH YOU! REACH DOWN YOUR THROAT AND PULL YOUR FUCKING HEART OUT!

Terminator = One of the best movies of all time.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 7

I know it is doubtful at best, but I'd really love a Chaotix team car. Maybe where a different character takes the lead when the car transforms. Vector could be for water, Charmy for air, and Vector for land.

Well I can dream can't I? rolleyes.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Just have a look at the SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection games and you have an idea of which of the old IP's we can expect to see. Decap Attack is my most wanted game being represented, and I would love to see Axel and Blaze from Streets of Rage. Dynamite Heady would be a welcome addition too. His vehicle could be Trouble Bruin in one of his many machines that can easily transform.

Segata Sanshiro's All-Star move would be him riding a giant missle.

Edited by BinaryRaptor

I hope Ristar makes it in as a playable this time around, because knowing that the fact there are some fans who like or love Ristar, and the fact he never had a chance to become a playable since 17 years, and maybe . It would be nice to see the Shooting Star return into ASR: Transformed at this point (as a playable). :)

I can imagine his vechile could be like a resemblance of himself (similar to Sonic's Car, but different), or a vechile based from one of the bosses he battled from Land (Adahan)/Sea (Ohsat)/Air (Awaueck). But, it's just me that I kind of hope to see on it.

Edited by Sparkster24