Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Oh, forgot to say, I'd love some Project Rub representation. Prolly just a track, even though goldfish t-shirt guy and blue dress girl would be awesome to play as, especially with some unicycle action or a man-flinging slingshot for their All-Star.

Edited by JezMM

I find myself stumped thinking of new additions considering outside of Sonic, I hardly find myself caring about any of Sega's characters is there anyone I should care about.

The only new playable characters that I'm really wanting now that Vyse has been added are Ristar and possibly Vectorman.

How about Pulseman, that would be awsome. I know he was made by game freak but it would still be cool.

In those blank spaces in the picture on the opening post, you can slightly see Nights and I think Billy Hatcher. Those block people from the last game as well, the game's name they are from is escaping me. Banjo also seems to have made a come back along with Big and Metal Sonic.

Edited by DawningWolf

I think I'd like to see Sam Gideon get the nod. His game has transforming gimmicks all over it, so sticking him in a futuristic dragster purging neon flames would be both fitting and cool. His game is a little less violent and his design is a ton less provocative than good old 'Netta, so if anyone can make the jump over from Platinum, it'll probably be him.

With Vyse already included, I there are only a handful more characters that I really would covet to be included. I'd adore some Valkyria Chronicles representation. An Alicia/Welkin combo would be nice. Vectorman would be a cool addition as well. Ecco the dolphin would get my vote as the cult classic and/or joke character.... if that happens I'll buy two copies.

Oh.. and a few more Sonic characters would be nice. Blaze probably would be first on my list for that.

EDIT:

Good god could you guys imagine a V. Chronicles stage? Racing through an oil painting landscape with tanks bombarding the scene and super powered and over endowed women firing death beams in your general direction??

sweet.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Do you think we'll get more Sonic characters? I certainly hope so. They're the only ones I'm familiar with, and choose to play as.

I'd bet on it. Sonic characters push this package and seeing at least one new face on that front is a pretty obvious way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Although we may be standing to loose a few from the original (Big and Metal?), but even so, that only opens up slots for even more characters.

Seeing Ecco would be cool, but it wouldent be the first time ive seen a dolphin fly, Ahh Aerowings... what a fun dreamcast game. You could also fly as a car, that was fun to.

Edited by Eternlo

i'm totally forgetting Candy/Honey! from Fighters Megamix/ Fighting Vipers!

shit.. even Hornet from Daytona!

• Thumbs Up 1

In those blank spaces in the picture on the opening post, you can slightly see Nights and I think Billy Hatcher. Those block people from the last game as well, the game's name they are from is escaping me. Banjo also seems to have made a come back along with Big and Metal Sonic.

... Barry made that.

• Thumbs Up 4

I forgot to mention Sonic characters. Even if I like the whole thing about Big beeing the joke character, I think this time he will be replaced with someone else more popular, and the best example is Blaze. Maybe the most famous and appreciated recent character, and she's also a female. Shadow is a certain returning due to his popularity, and an interesting add could be The 3 Chaotix in one vehicle, to add a little more variety.

Metal Sonic? Having him as a reskin to Sonic, as a rival, or as a DLC pre-order bonus

One more thing about Ryo... what would u like to see him drive? the Forklift is the best thing IMO, and seeing it transform into a water and air version would be fun and odd at the same time :)

Well, the thing about the vehicles this time is that they can't be easily defined. In the last game you could just go "oh, it's a sports car, oh it's a Harley-style motorbike". This time the vehicles have to be modular so they become impossible to define. I'm sure Ryo will drive some sort of freakish hybrid vehicle that vaguely resembles a forklift.

i'm totally forgetting Candy/Honey! from Fighters Megamix/ Fighting Vipers!

shit.. even Hornet from Daytona!

From the SEGAbits interview, it sounded like racing games WILL get representation but perhaps not as racers. I'm guessing an OutRun track (Sumo has all the assets and featured it in Tennis) or trophies with famous SEGA vehicles on them.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

The obvious thing to do is a Daytona-style track (maybe 777 Speedway) with stock cars as hazards.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if we'll be getting any console exclusives like last time, or some obscurer characters like Big.

Oh and if Ulala ain't in I might cry.

to be honest if its just a Daytona track, it'd be boring.

unless they expand on the tracks themselves, i remember Daytona 2 had a theme park inspired level where you drove through different areas, could do something with that i guess?

Axel and Blaze, Kid Chameleon, Toejam & Earl and of course... Classic Sonic please!

If I were able to have a set of characters that I'd really want to be in the game, they would be (in order of likelihood, from most likely to least):

Metal Sonic: Since they've apparently made a DLC track from the first game into a returning and now default track, I'm hoping the DLC character that came alongside the track would be included here. Not only do they already have a Metal Sonic Model and not only is he extremely popular with Sonic fans, but he also already has a vehicle that I could easily see as transforming into a boat or a "plane".

NiGHTS: Due to fan demand this one's pretty likely. It seems that due to demand the character was made into the flag holder since they didn't have time to add more characters, so this makes sense as a logical new inclusion. During flight sections NiGHTS wouldn't even need a vehicle, though they'd probably give "it" (NiGHTS technically is genderless) one. Plus NiGHTS already has a readily made model to use from the first game. They could even use the persona forms from Journey into dreams, pretty sure there was a swimming form in that game.

Ristar: Another popular choice. Hell, much like NiGHTS, they've already made a model for this character. He probably was also meant to be playable in the first one but they yet again didn't have time for it, so he was also made into a cameo, for a DLC stage which is now in the sequel as a default track, from what I understand.

Vectorman: A character who can morph himself into other forms, including a motorcycle, would be perfect for a game about transforming vehicles. Though in terms of fan demand I'm sure he's a niche character, I'd love to see him. He's also not very likely since Vectorman isn't even a Sega IP as far as I know.

Toejam and Earl: These guys might be a popular choice, I'm not sure, but what I do know is that they were considered for the first game. As long as Sega can remedy their relationship with the company that owns the Toejam and Earl IP, there's a good chance they'll be in. They could use a transforming version of their rocket ship, if they did get in. Not betting on them being in, as they're not very likely.

Mario: Screw brand confusion or "cross-contamination" with the Mario and Sonic series, I want to see Mario as a third party guest character, exclusive to the 3DS (and Wii U if it does end up happening) version(s). He's of course an immensely popular, iconic character, and this would no doubt increase the game's sales on the platforms he'd be available in. Though since he's at the bottom of this list, I myself can admit they'll most likely not include him.

Edited by Shade Vortex

All I need is Banjo-Kazooie to return on this game to be happy with it, they are my favorite video game characters ever. I know they'll do a perfectly fine job with the SEGA roster (as long as the Bonanza Brothers aren't cut).

Vectorman: A character who can morph himself into other forms, including a motorcycle, would be perfect for a game about transforming vehicles. Though in terms of fan demand I'm sure he's a niche character, I'd love to see him. He's also not very likely since Vectorman isn't even a Sega IP as far as I know.

I just did some light research and did not find anything that pointed to Vectorman being owned by somebody other than SEGA. The first two games have been rereleased in Ultimate Genesis Collection recently, and the manual for that had no special mention of "Vectorman is under license by ______" as you'd usually see for non-SEGA owned properties. Also, back in 2003 SEGA attempted to make a third game without the original dev, Blue Sky Software, who was out of business by that time.

So Vectorman is possible. Vectorman is probably a SEGA IP in the same way that Bayonetta, Vanquish, MadWorld and Ecco are. Developed outside of SEGA, but funded and published by SEGA. The devs got to realize their game, and SEGA got the rights to the characters and the ownership of the games. Like how Disney owned the Pixar characters before they bought Pixar. Difference is, SEGA seems to respect externally created characters more, as they don't whore them out to other devs (aside from Vectorman 3, but that never ended up releasing).

Toe Jam & Earl is different, as the creator owns the intellectual property rights. Thus why they weren't on Ultimate Genesis Collection and why they don't cameo in the ASR games since getting the approval from the rights holder is difficult.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

I believe by the time they'd worked it out, it was too late to put them on?

From the reaction the producer of Transformed gave when asked about them, I wouldn't remain hopeful that they will appear this time around either. Maybe SEGA aren't interested in them anymore?