Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Mario and Sonic Olympics did that.

That's a crossover variety sports game. We're talking about a relatively streamlined racing game. It's apples and wax oranges.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rouge is completely under-appreciated. If there's any Sonic character left I sincerely hope it's her. As a big part of the original Sonic Adventure 2 cast she's all they'd need to fill out every character from that game. I don't like how she's taken a backseat to other characters like Silver lately, getting placed in decreasingly important roles.

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm hoping for Blaze the cat: female, recent, and very well received

Rouge later as free DLC for who buy SA2

Don't shoot the messenger here, but I think some people want Blaze the Cat. That's just what I've heard.

• Thumbs Up 3

So it turns out that both Vectorman and Ristar are ruled out as playable characters.

Well gee, 2 of the most highly-wanted characters aren't going to be playable. They better damn well get cameo appearances, then.

So it turns out that both Vectorman and Ristar are ruled out as playable characters.

Well gee, 2 of the most highly-wanted characters aren't going to be playable. They better damn well get cameo appearances, then.

Edited by MarcelloF

It was a rumour that apparently started at SegaBits. S0L has since cleared them up on it, so he's not ruled out yet.

I'm sure S0L is a sadist who likes to build up hype until the right time to rule something out, otherwise he wouldn't have waited so long to tell us Vectorman wouldn't be a playable character.

or Vectorman was already confirmed to be in the game as something else but a racer?

Or maybe the inclusion was object of debate for long and the final decision was taken a few hours before SoL gave the announcement?

S0L initially said the roster was set in stone, but they've recently stated that it isn't. They can't make up their minds.

S0L initially said the roster was set in stone, but they've recently stated that it isn't. They can't make up their minds.

No, he hasn't. The roster of tracks and characters is set in stone. It's just not the same piece of stone for all the different versions.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just had this hilarious imagery of Sonic flapping his arms wildly in the air bumping into Tails' car.

• Thumbs Up 6

This made me lol

sakura_taisen_so_long_my_love_imagemod.jpg

Has anyone played the fifth Sakura Wars on PS2 and Wii? Its the only Sakura Wars game that's been released to the West. I'm up to Chapter 3 and I'm loving every bit of it. In this one, the Star Koubu can transform into flight mode. It's late in the game to be included in Transformed, but it would have been a nice addition to have a female character from Sakura Wars riding a steampunk powered car. Please let there be a JP release for this game.

Who's "we"?

Maybe he's secretly Venom.

I honestly cannot think of a character that would work better with the transforming theme than Banjo-Kazooie. Nuts & Bolts was all about transforming your vehicles into land, sea and sky.

Edited by TheAnvil
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't understand why people have an aversion to certain characters being included in the roster. I mean their inclusion won't hurt you and you don't have to use them.

I'd be fine with Orbot and Cubot being apart of Eggmans vehicle or them appearing somehow other than actually being racers. It seems like a waste of space for them to be actual racers. Although I wouldn't care if they made it in.

I don't understand why people have an aversion to certain characters being included in the roster. I mean their inclusion won't hurt you and you don't have to use them.

Maybe so the slots can be filled with characters they actually like?

Maybe so the slots can be filled with characters they actually like?

One:lots of people LIKE Orbot and Cubot as characters.

and Two: Not everyone is going to get the characters they want or like. So they'll have to deal with it.

I'm not saying I want Orbot and Cubot In the game. I'm just saying that it wouldn't ruin the game.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

One:lots of people LIKE Orbot and Cubot as characters.

and Two: Not everyone is going to get the characters they want or like. So they'll have to deal with it.

I'm not saying I want Orbot and Cubot In the game. I'm just saying that it wouldn't ruin the game.

Neither of those stop anyone from wanting things. Obviously, not everyone is going get everything they want, but they can still want some characters over others.

And why does it matter if a lot of people like Orbot and Cubot? There's a lot who don't like them, too.