Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

http://forums.sega.c...-thread/page126

*Dons flameproof suit*

I don't consider this a deconfirm, but we've revealed all the Sonic characters we're going to reveal that are considered playable.

*Waits for fire to start*

---

S0L

---

Hm... so there won't be any more Sonic Characters, which is really too bad as I would have liked to see Blaze and the Chaotix in this game.

On the positive side, it means more variety in Sega Characters, which I'm more than happy with.

That is unless I misunderstand S0L's statement, maybe it means they won't reveal everything before the game's release?

Edited by Lentastic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh well, i was hoping for Silver; at least if it's correct there's no Big the Cat.

• Thumbs Up 1

So all the slots remain for non sonic characters? That is the best news i've heard for some time.

Edited by Djawed
  • Thumbs Up 5

I feel like most of the other Sonic characters they could've chosen would be scraping the bottom of the barrel, or just picking characters that aren't that critical to the series. We got the core ones, so I'm happy with that.

I'm interested in seeing what other SEGA characters they'll reveal.

• Thumbs Up 1

It may just mean that they don't plan on revealing all the characters in the game, but dude. If you take this at face value that means that other franchises will be getting a ton of representation.

I think its a safe bet to say that Monkey Ball, Jet Set and one or two other IPs will be netting a second racer.

OH GOD please no second racers to any other franchise, I consider Reala the only exception, maybe for the lack of NiGHTS in the first game...

Mee Mee? not at all

Gum? same

Pudding? Ulala is ENOUGH

Linda, the Samba the Amigo dancer with butterfly wings might be decent, as well as Aika maybe...

Anyway, I don't want anymore second racer...

Do you know if the red haired girl from Phantasy Star Online 2 cover has a name? She could be a nice Phantasy Star rep, with the next game coming out in America/Europe next year

In a way it doesn't completely rule out another Sonic character playable in the game, at least if they don't plan on spoiling the entire roster before the game releases. (Though I'd be completely fine with the rest of the slots being filled with more characters from unique franchises) Also notice how he said "going to be playable" meaning that we may be learning about a few character cameos in the future.

Edited by Cero

Wow!

Well color me excited! I love Sonic's friends, don't get me wrong, but I really don't need Silver, Blaze, Cream or Rouge taking up slots that could be taken by characters that SEGA fans have not seen in years. Generations was, in my opinion, enough of a character-fest to last fans a couple of years. I would have only wanted a Chaotix racer, but I'm cool without them. The loss of Big is ok, since he now makes the first game special.

• Thumbs Up 4

OH GOD please no second racers to any other franchise, I consider Reala the only exception, maybe for the lack of NiGHTS in the first game...

I tend to think that Reala's also a bit better than other "clone" characters due to being a villain, something the game lacks in badly.

But yeah, at least Reala looks pretty different from NiGHTS besides basic shape. MeeMee's just AiAi with a dress on.

Will Super Shadow still be in this one?

Probably.

Cementing the fact that all Shadow will ever be is a recolor of Sonic with a shittier attitude.

I feel like Reala is both an apology for not including NiGHTS in the previous game, and an attempt to beef up the NiGHTS presence since SEGA is releasing the HD version at around the same time as Transformed.

Considering the money, time and effort put into designing each racer, I can't see them going too crazy on multiple racers for other IPs. Like, I love Gum but she would be a waste of resources since she could easily cameo in a track and Beat fulfills the JSR role. Any other Monkey Ball characters could easily be added via mods, assuming the vehicle mods can change who races a vehicle. That, or they'd all appear in Aiai's ASM like last game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow!

Well color me excited! I love Sonic's friends, don't get me wrong, but I really don't need Silver, Blaze, Cream or Rouge taking up slots that could be taken by characters that SEGA fans have not seen in years. Generations was, in my opinion, enough of a character-fest to last fans a couple of years. I would have only wanted a Chaotix racer, but I'm cool without them. The loss of Big is ok, since he now makes the first game special.

Seconded. Like I said loooooots of pages ago, the main characters are enough. Now bring on the SEGA team!

Edited by Jango

He said that there could be secret characters.

He said that there could be secret characters.

At last, all of the Sonic characters that going to competing are revealed. It just going to be Sonic and his three main pals Tails,Knuckles,and Amy along with his foes and rivals Dr, Eggman,Metal Sonic,and Shadow. I love all of Sonic's friends including Big and some of his enemies Rouge,Scratch and Grounder. But I can live with it. smile.png Half of the character have not yet announced. This means that more variety of the Sega characters will be filling in. The roster going well so far. Now all I hoping for is that three of returning characters (Ulala,Billy Hatcher,and Jacky and/or Akira Yuki) will be joining in. If that comes to pass, then it will be sweet for everyone. As for the rest of the them, I don't mind any of them.

I feel like Reala is both an apology for not including NiGHTS in the previous game, and an attempt to beef up the NiGHTS presence since SEGA is releasing the HD version at around the same time as Transformed.

Considering the money, time and effort put into designing each racer, I can't see them going too crazy on multiple racers for other IPs. Like, I love Gum but she would be a waste of resources since she could easily cameo in a track and Beat fulfills the JSR role. Any other Monkey Ball characters could easily be added via mods, assuming the vehicle mods can change who races a vehicle. That, or they'd all appear in Aiai's ASM like last game.

The JSR port and Banana Splitz are also coming around the same time, so I wouldn't rule it out entirely. Besides, I really don't see only one IP other than Sonic getting two racers. Gum and MeeMee were already in SST, so if they're in, it's not the first time.

See, this is what I meant when I talked about being mad a character got in over a character you like. I would've taken Big or Blaze or the Chaotix over Reala any day.

Edited by MarcelloF

Yeah but Reala is a developed character with a lot of personality to draw inspiration from, plus is different from other characters for being well, evil. I love Gum but besides 3 pieces of graffiti and whatever brief description is given of her in JSR (haven't played JSRF ;_;) we don't know all that much about her and as already said MiMi is just AiAi in a dress, there really isn't all that much to the SMB characters besides 'I LOVE BANANA'S'.

Yeah JSR and SMB may have games coming out but if there's not a lot you can do with the characters in the context of a transforming racing game they should probably just make the tracks stand out one hell of a lot more.

[/don't know what I'm talking about but trying to make a relevant point]

Perhaps I'm looking at this the wrong way, but that doesn't look like it's saying that there won't be any more playable Sonic characters. Let me try and elaborate...

we've revealed all the Sonic characters we're going to reveal

Not everything in the game has to be 'revealed', some of it could be kept under wraps until the game is actually released, thus act as a surprise when people actually get it.

that are considered playable.

They could go on to reveal references, cameos and other non-playable things though.

Of course, if it is the case that it means that there are no more, then whatever.

• Thumbs Up 2

Perhaps I'm looking at this the wrong way, but that doesn't look like it's saying that there won't be any more playable Sonic characters. Let me try and elaborate...

Not everything in the game has to be 'revealed', some of it could be kept under wraps until the game is actually released, thus act as a surprise when people actually get it.

They could go on to reveal references, cameos and other non-playable things though.

Of course, if it is the case that it means that there are no more, then whatever.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that the others non-playable characters will appear as cameos on the Sonic's tracks, possibly on the bleachers at the start/finish line. Or maybe in the middle of the track. Think about Big fishing in a little island during water sections smile.png

Edited by Jango

Big update to the image on the first post. Removed the grayed out Big the Cat as S0L stated no more playable Sonic characters. Sorted images to go: Confirmed SEGA characters, Confirmed Guests, Unconfirmed SEGA characters from the first game, Guest from the first game (didn't add Avatar or Mii, but no biggie), Cameo from the first game (as possible racer?)

Also added this little tally:

15 SEGA Characters revealed out of 27 total (12 remain)

1 SEGA DLC Character revealed out of ??? total (??? remain)

2 Guest Characters revealed out of 3 total (1 remain)

9 racers from the previous game have yet to be revealed as returning

1 racer from the previous game has been confirmed as not returning (Big the Cat)

3 guest racers from the previous game have yet to be revealed as returning (XBLA Avatar, Mii, Banjo-Kazooie)

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Maybe Blaze can be the flag girl.

:P

Also, Reala is an ok character, I don't see why he's such a bad choice. He was in SEGA Superstars Tennis, so this (along with NiGHTS) is like his big comeback.