Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Do you know if the red haired girl from Phantasy Star Online 2 cover has a name? She could be a nice Phantasy Star rep, with the next game coming out in America/Europe next year

No, the characters featured in the cover (and intro) of PSO2 doesnt even appear in the game (although theres others story NPCs there).

As much as I wanted to see how Silver or Blaze would have worked in a racing game, I'm fine with no more Sonic characters. I can fully understand why. Plus we get a better chance for Bayonetta!:D

As much as I wanted to see how Silver or Blaze would have worked in a racing game, I'm fine with no more Sonic characters. I can fully understand why. Plus we get a better chance for Bayonetta!biggrin.png

Play Sonic Riders 2 or 3 :V

• Thumbs Up 2

Play Sonic Riders 2 or 3 :V

A racing game with Cars, not hoverboards. and games that aren't crappy. Edited by Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 1

A racing game with Cars, not hoverboards. and games that aren't crappy.

Well excuuuuuuuuse me, Princess.

Well excuuuuuuuuse me, Princess.

It does mention some could be under wraps until the game comes out.

I'd rather they just end up being DLC down the line then be in the game to start with actually.

Sorry, but S0L just made it clear:

There are no more playable Sonic characters to be revealed. No Silver, Blaze, Big, Cream, Espio, Charmy, Chip, Nack, Mighty, Vector or any of the others - none of them. They may be represented in other ways - but certainly not playable and that's not as we're keeping this a secret, it's just that's the Sonic portion of the playable roster is fixed, locked, revealed and done.
Edited by FourCartridge
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sorry, but S0L just made it clear:

Then I will boycott this game. I have no intrest in this one. Go ahead and add Johnny Test, Big Bird, and Duffy the Disney Bear.

I still don't think that will rule out DLC if they are highly requested.

Random question but didn't Sumo intend for Blaze and silver to be DLC racers in the first game? I thought I remember seeing that somewhere.

Then I will boycott this game. I have no intrest in this one. Go ahead and add Johnny Test, Big Bird, and Duffy the Disney Bear.

Your freaking kidding right? Seriously we have like 7 Sonic characters in this freaking game! What did you want this to be just called Sonic racing?Seven is enough! It more that a third of the cast! Sonic has been represented enough and we haven't even seen any of the cameos or stages! Edited by Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 2

I still don't think that will rule out DLC if they are highly requested.

Random question but didn't Sumo intend for Blaze and silver to be DLC racers in the first game? I thought I remember seeing that somewhere.

Your freaking kidding right? Seriously we have like 7 Sonic characters in this freaking game! What did you want this to be just called Sonic racing?Seven is enough! It more that a third of the cast! Sonic has been represented enough and we haven't even seen any of the cameos or stages!

The previous had 8. Release Blaze as DLC for this.

At least we might have cameos...

That's something, right? And besides, it's more of a SEGA Racing game then a Sonic Racing game anyway.

The previous had 8. Release Blaze as DLC for this.

Oh my god. ONE Sonic character gets chopped and it was one that honestly was pretty pointless(big). And minusing one sonic character for the expense of more diversity in the history of Sega and what they have to offer seems fair. You still have your crap ton of Sonic characters, Cameos that might feature Blaze and Silver and your stages that again might end up being more than other IP's number of stages.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Are you joking? This is a Sega All-stars (and some cash-in characters) game not a Sonic one, you are already lucky by having more than 2 characters of the Sonic franchise unlike the other ones.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 6

Oh my god. ONE Sonic character gets chopped and it was one that honestly was pretty pointless(big). And minusing one sonic character for the expense of more diversity in the history of Sega and what they have to offer seems fair. You still have your crap ton of Sonic characters, Cameos that might feature Blaze and Silver and your stages that again might end up being more than other IP's number of stages.

And more cameos than those two. However, add Blaze as DLC.

Oh lord, we've got another case of "I want my favorite character in this or I walk" goin' down. I guess this just wasn't quite terrible enough with Banjo, why not do this dance once more with Blaze?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh lord, we've got another case of "I want my favorite character in this or I walk" goin' down. I guess this just wasn't quite terrible enough with Banjo, why not do this dance once more with Blaze?

I was literally about to say that.:P

The thing about Blaze is that she is one of the most liked characters in the Sonic fanbase. You always see whining about characters like Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, etc yet Blaze is always getting the good feedback. I've even had fans say Blaze was the best part of Sonic 06! Her role in Sonic Rush/Sonic Rush Adventure/Sonic Colors/Sonic Generations also helped.

Even Blaze's voice remained positive throughout the series. The 4kids era? I've never seen a single complaint about her voice. Who did we receive complaints from? Sonic, Shadow, Amy, etc. Blaze's voice actress gave her both emotion and attitude that we failed to see in other Sonic characters. If there was one 4Kids actor that I wanted to return, it would have to be Blaze. Her new VA isn't too bad though.

I don't know, I just see Blaze as one of those Sonic characters that deserves to shine above the rest. She is highly praised on the internet. Who is the best female in the Sonic series? Amy? No way! Almost everywhere I go people hate Amy. Even her new voice actress is getting a ton of hate. Who the hell decided to cast Minnie Mouse as Amy? Amy is currently one of the most disliked Sonic VA in the new set of VAs.

So, if there was one character I'd love to have written off to insert Blaze, it would be Amy. Blaze is a better female in every single possible way you can think of. Better character, better reception, better voice, and overall more unique. I find a Fire Princess in an alternate dimension that can run in high heels a better character than a whiny bitch that offers no positive role in the series.

PS: I am in no way boycotting the game because my favorite Sonic character didn't get picked.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 4

I was literally about to say that.tongue.png

HA! It seems your Boost wasn't quite fast enough! laugh.png

And on the topic of no more of Sonic's shitty friends entering the race, I say good and thank fucking God. I want to see more Sega characters in this game and IMHO the Sonic series has more than enough of its share of representation. Give me some Gunstar Heroes, Clockwork Knight, Burning Rangers, Ristar, Valkyria Chronicles, SC5, or Rhythm thief racers.

• Thumbs Up 1

She still has haters. They hate all except Tails, Knuckles, and Metal.

Lets see. People hate tails because of how he was characterized before. People still complain about the voice and the fact that he doesn't do much. Knuckles:Become the dumb funny brute that never makes a appearance because of the Master emerald. Metal:It's not that they hate, he's just not that important to be considered a big important character to the franchise.

HA! It seems your Boost wasn't quite fast enough! laugh.png

And on the topic of no more of Sonic's shitty friends entering the race, I say good and thank fucking God. I want to see more Sega characters in this game and IMHO the Sonic series has more than enough of its share of representation. Give me some Gunstar Heroes, Clockwork Knight, Burning Rangers, Ristar, Valkyria Chronicles, SC5, or Rhythm thief racers.

They already said no Rhythm Thief. What if Sumo lied and we got Blaze the Cat anyway?

She still has haters. They hate all except Tails, Knuckles, and Metal.

Prepare thy self for I shall now blow thy mind.

All of the Sonic characters have haters, even Sonic himself!

They already said no Rhythm Thief. What if Sumo lied and we got Blaze the Cat anyway?

Dang, no Rhythm racer for me then :(

For what possible reason would the- no. I'm not delving into this, I'd much rather talk about characters that are confirmed tobe in it.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1