Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I would kinda like an OutRun vehicle to be in the game.

Testarossa with Guy and girl from Outrun 2?

yes please.

their All Star could be Heart Break mode and puts the car into top speed drifting on a auto pilot, making you invincible and the hearts could attack racers or obscure their views while magical soundshower/ splash wave plays

haha i can see it happening!

Edited by Peacock

Sketch Turner obscure? LOL Comix Zone was one of the most knowed game of the Mega Drive. I find Ristar more obscure actualy :P

But hell yeah, Skecth Turner, Axel and Blaze and this game will BANG/

• Thumbs Up 2

Sketch Turner obscure? LOL Comix Zone was one of the most knowed game of the Mega Drive. I find Ristar more obscure actualy tongue.png

But hell yeah, Skecth Turner, Axel and Blaze and this game will BANG/

I've noticed something about the returners confirmed so far: Apart from Tails, they are all characters who drove a 4 wheeler on their own. Which leads me to speculate a few things.

-Billy Hatcher is the only one of that type who hasn't been confirmed - a sign he may have been cut?

-No bikes have been shown - are they being ditched and people like Shadow, Ryo and Alex Kidd (I think those 3 will make it in, they are too popular not to) will now get a car?

-Tails getting a car indicates that there will no longer be hover vehicles for the land parts. Ulala (let's face it she's pretty much a shoe in) is most likely getting a new vehicle, but I'm not sure what this could spell for Opa Opa and the Chu Chus who are not as flexible in that way...

-Multiple characters in one vehicle could go either way, but I think they have a good chance of being in.

Some food for thought there...

I've noticed something about the returners confirmed so far: Apart from Tails, they are all characters who drove a 4 wheeler on their own. Which leads me to speculate a few things.

-Billy Hatcher is the only one of that type who hasn't been confirmed - a sign he may have been cut?

-No bikes have been shown - are they being ditched and people like Shadow, Ryo and Alex Kidd (I think those 3 will make it in, they are too popular not to) will now get a car?

-Tails getting a car indicates that there will no longer be hover vehicles for the land parts. Ulala (let's face it she's pretty much a shoe in) is most likely getting a new vehicle, but I'm not sure what this could spell for Opa Opa and the Chu Chus who are not as flexible in that way...

-Multiple characters in one vehicle could go either way, but I think they have a good chance of being in.

Some food for thought there...

i think they may be removing the bikes since they had unfair advantages in ASR1 with wheelie boosting, way better handling, accelerated boost leveling and so on.

Sumo said they paid attention to the problems of the first, with All Stars only being used to play catch up, and no real way to halt First position holder (discarding Banjo's Jiggy Rain) they only really had the rocket, which could be cancelled out with items like traffic cones, punching gloves or the green shield.

i think all characters will have a 4 (or more) wheeled vehicle to keep things fair and even for all racers.

at least thats how i see it

Well, they can just remove the wheelie boost technique :P But I can't see bikes turning into boats and planes, I doubt Shadow will be removed, he will probaly just won a new GUN vehicle, but I'm not sure 'bout Alex and Ryo :/

Well, they can just remove the wheelie boost technique tongue.pngBut I can't see bikes turning into boats and planes, I doubt Shadow will be removed, he will probaly just won a new GUN vehicle, but I'm not sure 'bout Alex and Ryo :/

Jet Skis and Hover Bikes

Though I'd love to see Shadow (maybe Rouge along side him) driving in a G.U.N. themed vehicle, their All Star Move, for the sake of being less redundant and a million times more awesome, could include the G.U.N. Truck coming out of no where and wreaking havoc (at least in the event that it isn't a racer on its own)

Rouge should be her own racer. I like her as a character and I don't much like the idea of racing pairs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rouge should be her own racer. I like her as a character and I don't much like the idea of racing pairs.

I don't like pairs either. I like it more where each character has their own stuff and not sharing it with another racer. However characters like the zombie people and and the bonanza bros kinda make sense i guess.

I think pair racing is fine, as long as the characters are seen as a pair like 90% of the time minimum. Sonic for example has had too many adventures on his own to be paired up with Tails in a celebratory game.

Shadow and Rouge together... hmm I'd be OKAY with it but generally speaking they're very competitive characters, so while they may love to team up, I doubt either of them would want to just sit there while the other drives, occasionally getting off their arse to help in a flashy All-Star move.

segata_sanshiro.jpg

Alright, everyone.

Segata Sanshiro needs to be in this game. Not for his own glory, but for the benefit of your sanity and health. It is written in gaming lore and foretold in the stars in ancient 8-bit space shooters such as Galaga and Space Invaders that Segata Sanshiro is, in fact, the proverbial Chuck Norris of video games. He will have his return. He was resurrected after being seemingly obliterated while riding on a Sony-owned missile just to tell the crowd in a Dreamcast convention to cheer for Sonic's name or he'll snap their necks. You think people cared about Sonic at that point? Oh, no... no, they feared for their lives. If you take the sound sample from Sonic Adventure where the crowd is cheering for their Sonic at the final climax in the game, you can set it up to an advanced emotion detector (they have these at SEGA's HQ, they are run by Saturn technology) and the machine will explode from the fear they were expressiing after seeing Segata Sanshiro's resurrected (and beautiful) face, who was threatening their lives with a neck hold.

But enough about my childhood, how is Segata Sanshiro going to race in this game? Well, first of all, some ground rules. Sanshiro will not be playing on the PS3. He despises Sony after they tried to wipe out SEGA's HQ that one time, so Sony gets no Segata. Second, whenever you play as him, or whenever he is randomly selected for a race, the music dynamically changes, as S0L puts it, around HIM and HIS vehicle. Also, Sonic and Segata can not be in the same race. Segata is furious at Sonic for not putting out a good game for the Saturn. Well, it's less Segata being furious and more of Sonic being a scared pansy. That's right, if you pick Sonic and the game randomly selects Segata Sanshiro, you are forced to play as another racer against your will, most likely Big the Cat. Even if he isn't a racer you can usually play. Whenever Segata bumps into another racer, they immediately stop their engines and crawl out of their vehicles to cower in a fetal position for a few minutes. Yes, Segata is a little OP, but we need to stay true to his character.

So, what vehicle does he ride? Not a SEGA Saturn, not yet. We have plans for this. No, for ground, Segata Sanshiro rides the Super Hang-On, in true SEGA fashion. Besides, bikes are cool. He gets some good speed and handling. Then, when he hits the water, it turns into the jet-ski from Wave Runner. Finally, in the air, it's the F-14 Tomcat from After Burner. Oh, and the music changes to those game's respective themes. As the Tomcat, Segata has infinite ammo. This might be the most OP of all the transformations, but we can't exactly complain. He wanted this, and we have to oblige.

Oh... and his All Star Move? Here comes the SEGA Saturn TANK! It's a tank made in the style of a SEGA Saturn (white or black at random) and whenever it touches a racer, they explode and fly out of the track. In fact, you won't be able to play as them for 2 weeks of gameplay time. They need to recover from how hard their tails got handed to them. Except NiGHTS, because NiGHTS was on the SEGA Saturn, and that's A-O-K with Segata. The tank shoots nuclear bombs, and the music in the background is the chorus from his glorious theme song.

... Sega Satān, Shiro!!!

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 9

I can't believe you spent the time writing that. And really, what's the big deal about Segata Sanshiro anyway?

• Thumbs Up 4

I can't believe you spent the time writing that. And really, what's the big deal about Segata Sanshiro anyway?

Yeah I don't understand the hype for him either, the commercials are cool and all but I doubt many people would get the reference. By all means give him a cameo but it's not like he played a massive part in SEGA's history.

I would say Bongo the Monkey would make an interesting character but we have too many SEGA monkeys already.

would be cool for ultimate retro character that nobody's ever heard of though, plus robots!

I never even saw the adverts as a kid or anything, but honestly Segata Sanshiro makes more sense as an act of fanservice in this game to me than Classic Sonic did in Generations (which I still feel was done awkwardly and unnecessarily).

I want Vectorman and Segata Sanshiro.

Make it happen SEGA!

You act like I've never spent time writing weird things before! Just having some fun. tongue.png

I'd like to see Segata Sanshiro mainly as an act of fanservice. His advertisements were hilarious and influential to the sales of the SEGA Saturn in Japan, so that's saying something, isn't it? Didn't he get is own game, too?

Yeah I don't understand the hype for him either, the commercials are cool and all but I doubt many people would get the reference.

By all means give him a cameo but it's not like he played a massive part in SEGA's history.

I'm cool with a cameo. I was of course kidding around with most of what I posted (that Hang-On, Wave Runner and AfterBurner combo would be ace, though), but come on, he does have his place in SEGA history, just as much (if not more than) the Bonanza Bros, which somehow managed to be featured as racers. I never even knew who they were until they showed up, to be quite frank.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Ristar is a must have for me. I WILL not really BOYCOTT THIS GAME.

Ecco and Vectorman were a big part of owning a Genesis for me, but I understand if both don't get in, not being in-house Sega properties. These studios don't even exist anymore. But I'm holding out hope for at least one of them.

I'm surprised no one said it yet, but as a random third-party entry, why not Aliens? Sega's got the rights to that series and has been on a Aliens game release spree. No other game lets you race as a goddamn XENOMORPH.

250px-AliensColonialMarinesBox.png

Also with Xenomorphs and Ecco we could finally team up an Alien with the Vortex Queen.

pass_queen5.png

Obvious homage to Aliens. Maybe also lobsters. But damn I wanna race as a Xenomorph. Please tell me someone at Sumo asked if they could use that property. Can the Aliens drive? Like that's even an important question.

Edited by Badnikz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yep, the total number was confirmed as 27 a while ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, the total number was confirmed as 27 a while ago.

Thanks smile.png I've only been following S0L's thread and didn't see the number posted there.

Next to Sonic, I think think Altered Beast is the one Sega game/franchise that I most have a soft spot for. I know it's panned these days, but it was the first Genesis game I ever played, helped me start my love for all things Sega, made me feel a sense of camraderie when playing two-players...plus if there's anything cooler than morphing into a werebear and turning underworld demons to stone with your breath, I don't want to know about it.

As such, I think it's just easier to pick and pray for one character that I'd like to see from the multitude of Sega franchises. ...There's just so many.

Altered Beast Centurion – The Centurion would be his normal human self while racing on land. He would be muscular (but not the “super-man” third stage) and clad with the red tunic over one shoulder. During the flying sections, not only would the car transform into a flying vehicle, but the Centurion would transform as well—in this case, he would be a were-dragon. Similarly, he would become a were-shark(as seen in Game Boy Advance’s Guardian of the Realms and “Project” Altered Beast on PS2) skimming across the water on his watercraft/boat. The Centurion’s all-star move will be transforming into the were-wolf; the screen will cut away briefly to show the transformation, and the were-wolf will do his special move “arrow/lightning dash” that he does in the original game. Similar to Super Sonic, pressing a button will have him dash with more vigor.

Wolf_Blitz.gif

Next to Sonic, I think think Altered Beast is the one Sega game/franchise that I most have a soft spot for. I know it's panned these days, but it was the first Genesis game I ever played, helped me start my love for all things Sega, made me feel a sense of camraderie when playing two-players...plus if there's anything cooler than morphing into a werebear and turning underworld demons to stone with your breath, I don't want to know about it.

As such, I think it's just easier to pick and pray for one character that I'd like to see from the multitude of Sega franchises. ...There's just so many.

Altered Beast Centurion – The Centurion would be his normal human self while racing on land. He would be muscular (but not the “super-man” third stage) and clad with the red tunic over one shoulder. During the flying sections, not only would the car transform into a flying vehicle, but the Centurion would transform as well—in this case, he would be a were-dragon. Similarly, he would become a were-shark(as seen in Game Boy Advance’s Guardian of the Realms and “Project” Altered Beast on PS2) skimming across the water on his watercraft/boat. The Centurion’s all-star move will be transforming into the were-wolf; the screen will cut away briefly to show the transformation, and the were-wolf will do his special move “arrow/lightning dash” that he does in the original game. Similar to Super Sonic, pressing a button will have him dash with more vigor.

Wolf_Blitz.gif

His intro in the start line should be" Raise from your grave!" with the guy coming out of the ground with his "car".

This might sound weird but don't any of you remember the ooze? Wouldn't it be cool if he were playable?

• Thumbs Up 1