Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

One does not simply 'step' on Big the Cat.

I have my ways.

But honestly, I just hate that he was in the first one, but not NiGHTS. My argument 95% of the time was "BIG THE FUCKING CAT GOT IN BUT NOT NIGHTS?! SERIOUSLY?!"

The other 5% was Zombiko or whoever.

I'm gonna bet Wreck-it-Ralph will be on all of the main three consoles (Wii-U, 360, PS3). Danica will possibly be on two of three of the consoles (360, PS3). And a (third-party video game) Exclusive which probably will be on (of course..) Wii-U!

I'd like both Axel and Blaze, and optionally Skate, Max, Adam, Roo, and/or Shiva as well. The "no more Sonic folks" may actually be a grim sign of things to come. First the friends were removed from playablity in main games, then from playablity in handhelds and relevance in main games, and now they are being pulled from a spinoff. I am afraid we will never see them again at this point.

I would love for ANY of these characters to have representation in this game. I would cry manly tears of joy; I'm not joking.

I'm gonna bet Wreck-it-Ralph will be on all of the main three consoles (Wii-U, 360, PS3). Danica will possibly be on two of three of the consoles (360, PS3). And a (third-party video game) Exclusive which probably will be on (of course..) Wii-U!

Why would Danica only be on the non-Nintendo consoles? Not that I'd complain, as I'll be getting the WiiU version and it's not like I'm ever going to play as her, but I'm curious.

Also, again, Wario for guest character numbah 3.

Whoever decided that Wario shouldn't be playable should get fired.

Wouldn't it be hilarious now if they did a huge fanfare trailer in which they announced Blaze.

From Streets Of Rage.

It would be, because one second later after this trailer, the thread and perhaps the entire SSMB will be sucked into a giant black hole of rage.

It would be, because one second later after this trailer, miru will be sucked into a giant black hole of rage.

fix'd

• Thumbs Up 1

Why would Danica only be on the non-Nintendo consoles? Not that I'd complain, as I'll be getting the WiiU version and it's not like I'm ever going to play as her, but I'm curious.

It's just a thought from it all, Because i just didn't wanna go too much on it's amount since it's 29 characters seperately to the console/handheld versions (high's and low's at least). I don't hate her.. i was just thinking this through of if it was going to 27 characters + Bonus Edition, and how would it work. But i guess you have a point.. She may be on all of the main three consoles anyways.. So here's of what i could guess.

Wii-U: 25 Sonic/SEGA Characters, Wreck-It-Ralph, Danica Patrick, Wii-U Exclusive

360: 25 Sonic/SEGA Characters, Wreck-It-Ralph, Danica Patrick, Metal Sonic (Bonus Edition/DLC)

PS3: 25 Sonic/SEGA Characters, Wreck-It-Ralph, Danica Patrick, Metal Sonic (Bonus Edition/DLC)

Wii-U: 25 Sonic/SEGA Characters, Wreck-It-Ralph, Danica Patrick, Wii-U Exclusive

360: 25 Sonic/SEGA Characters, Wreck-It-Ralph, Danica Patrick, Metal Sonic (Bonus Edition/DLC)

PS3: 25 Sonic/SEGA Characters, Wreck-It-Ralph, Danica Patrick, Metal Sonic (Bonus Edition/DLC)

Can I have Metal Sonic instead of Danica? That'd be just fantastic. Also, how much later than the other versions is the WiiU one coming out, does anyone know? If it's too much of a wait, I'd imagine that they'd probably throw Metal in as a regular at that point and pull a Sonic Mega Collection Plus.

Edited by Billionaire Playboy Wario

Can I have Metal Sonic instead of Danica? That'd be just fantastic.

ikr

they'll probably just stick him as DLC like they did with the first one

But wait cam somebody clear this up for me? We're getting 25 Sega Characters, 3 Guest Characters, and Console exclusives?

Am I right? Seriously somebody explain this to me because im stoopid and havent been paying attention to this whole thread

Edited by Enderwoman

I was only guessing from what i can believe it could be, I might be wrong anyways.

Sorry if i brought it up. :(

Edited by Sparkster24

I have my ways.

But honestly, I just hate that he was in the first one, but not NiGHTS. My argument 95% of the time was "BIG THE FUCKING CAT GOT IN BUT NOT NIGHTS?! SERIOUSLY?!"

The other 5% was Zombiko or whoever.

How is that an argument?

------------------------------------------------

Big is big and fat and cuddly and mentally challenged and sure of his gender. He's better :U

Seriously, I like him more.

Edited by MarcelloF

How is that an argument?

Basically...

"Big, a character of questionable popularity and the cause of a fair amount of controversy, won out over NiGHTS, the holy grail of SEGA's character history."

• Thumbs Up 4

Spamming offensive vulgarities doesn't make you cool you know. And now I'm reporting you, congrats.

Instead of posting about it just report about it

I'm sort of hoping that Metal Sonic for his All Star Move music will have the Metal Sonic boss music from Episode 2 remixed for it I'd love if Richard did that <3

and that for his all star move he does that spinning move he does in Generations before the last hit on Metal so he can by pass all the racers so like a Super Sonic/Super Knux style.

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft
  • Thumbs Up 2

And do we even know if the racers will have a music while using the All-Star move this time? I don't think S0L or Rex talked about that, but just in case, Sonic 4 invincibility theme for Sonic :D :D :D!

Edited by Jango

Wait so the xbox 360 has no exclusive characters?

I don't think so, but if yes, nothing more fair, since the first game had one, and the PS3 none.

Edited by Jango

So...

First, sorry I've not been about for a good few days, we've been all hands to the pump on the game and that has to come first. Well that and I do need some personal time occasionally!

What I would like to do though is say thanks for all the wonderful stories on how people discovered all things SEGA. This wasn't as I had some kind of devious ulterior motive, I was just genuinely interested in what ranges of ages we had in here and how you first got bitten with the SEGA bug!

One of the things that constantly surprises us is the sheer amount of vocal requests for characters who haven't been seen in many cases for over ten years. You question if this is because these were characters people grew up with, have nostalgia for, or if instead it's a recent discovery and it's down to the quality of the games that the characters still stand out.

I actually smiled properly when I saw the whole discussion on box art too. I still think that the Japanese covers for game are just more intrinsically cool and really set the scene and story. I suspect for more than a few of the ones shown, you could show those to people who never played the game - and they could look at it and immediately know what the story was or how things can play out.

If anything, that's why I also love coming to see what people are saying about the game. You're not tethered by time, budget or understanding of what's possible, so whilst I have to reign it in sometimes, when we see people expecting things that I know we're doing, then I know when we're on the right track. When it deviates, if there is something we can do to pull it back, we also try to do this, though again, we are tethered by time, budget and what's possible smile.png

So thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for sharing those stories. Really enjoyed them, and it was nice for a change to be asking the questions, not answering them!

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 6

Basically...

"Big, a character of questionable popularity and the cause of a fair amount of controversy, won out over NiGHTS, the holy grail of SEGA's character history."

THANK you.

THANK you.

I don't totally agree mind. Big is one of my favourite characters and I appreciated his appearance in the original. But I really don't know why NiGHTS was ever omitted.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3