Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I don't totally agree mind. Big is one of my favourite characters and I appreciated his appearance in the original. But I really don't know why NiGHTS was ever omitted.

Edited by Billionaire Playboy Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

I kind of miss Big. Looks like he's going for a vacation. I miss that Big fellow. I respect him and he happened to be one of Sumo's employees favorite characters.

I'm the only one who actually want the return of Billy Hatcher? Please, don't shoot me if it's correct.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm the only one who actually want the return of Billy Hatcher? Please, don't shoot me if it's correct.

Edited by Djawed

I do like Billy Hatcher. I just like a lot of other SEGA characters more so I don't tend to get as excited about his inclusion. Having said that it was a pleasant surprise to see him in the first game. I wouldn't be disappointed if he got a new or returning track.

I'd like the billy hatcher's snow castle stage to return in this game, but not the character himself. As a recent one, I prefer him to be replaced with Ash from Hell Yeah

what do you think will be the starting roster?

I bet on

Sonic, Tails, Amy, Eggman, AiAi, Amigo, Beat, Bayonetta, Danica, Ralph, Mii/Avatar/Possible WiiU exclusive

i don't see why you're so obsessed with Ash from hell yeah Blue, it's rather unlikely if i'm honest.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know Ash's chances are quite low, but his game is coming out in few time, and the character himself is unique and funny...Could be the best way to represent a recent franchise...think about the funny animations he might get!

not really, he seems like a poor choice for a racing game... someone more important deserves a spot more so than him.

I think the inclusion of either Ash or Bayonetta is very unlikely. Hell Yeah! isn't even out yet and I wouldn't have thought SEGA would push for the game to get representation so quickly unless it was the start of a much bigger franchise. Meanwhile Bayonetta has much less potential to appeal to a broader demographic than the rest of the confirmed characters.

It's not that I wouldn't want to see them, but there are so many other characters that have a better chance.

I think Bayonetta is very very likely. I remember 2 years ago Steve said in an interview he considered Bayonetta and Astal for the first game, and that he likes them. Bayonetta though is really well known among All Around players, her popularity is second to Sonic and Aiai. She's a female too

Perhaps it's not as unlikely as I thought. I didn't know she had been considered, but she may not have made the roster because of the reason I mentioned. I think her inclusion is unlikely relative to more kid-friendly characters, but of course Danica Patrick is far more out there and she got in. I don't think it's impossible; just that she has less of chance than a lot of others.

Bayonetta would attract a lot of non SEGA fans to the game, more than ANY OTHER character would do. Seriously, aside from Sonic, his pals, AiAi, Amigo and Virtua Fighter folks, who can be considered popular among general gamers? Bayonetta

even though characters like Beat and NiGHTS are getting a lot of praise lately

I'm sort of hoping that Metal Sonic for his All Star Move music will have the Metal Sonic boss music from Episode 2 remixed for it I'd love if Richard did that <3

Unrelated, but this music reminds me of a song from Shadow the Hedgehog... I can't put my finger on it, It's like Digital Ciruit... and yet not...

Bayonetta would attract a lot of non SEGA fans to the game, more than ANY OTHER character would do. Seriously, aside from Sonic, his pals, AiAi, Amigo and Virtua Fighter folks, who can be considered popular among general gamers? Bayonetta

even though characters like Beat and NiGHTS are getting a lot of praise lately

That's a good point that I hadn't considered. Maybe the announcement of Seaside Hill has made me a bit cynical. =P It's not that I would be disappointed if she was revealed. The more diversity the better.

Beat and NiGHTS are getting more screentime lately purely due to the fact SEGA are re-releasing their debut games as HD Remastered Ports are coming to the XBLA & PSN and Steam i think.

but that's why, it's a huge marketing ploy to get people to buy the originals after playing as them in the game, that and Beat is the most iconic character from the JSR verse more so than Gum and Rhythe/Mew, and NiGHTS was a heavily requested character for the first game, fans up roared over his/her/it's inclusion being dropped in favour of characters like Big and Zobio & Zobiko.

that and JSR & NiGHTS are popular IP's in SEGA's arsenal, Hell Yeah is not.

Bayonetta would be a nice surprise, imagine a Bayonetta track? could be a race through Purgatorio, Paradiso & Inferno, thinking a bit too much into this for a simple track, but would be cool all the same.

and i really wanted Bayonetta as a character right from the start.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 1

You're not alone. I also like not only for Billy Hatcher, but also for Ulala,and Akira Yuki (with or without Jacky Bryant) to return to the sequel. In fact, that boy have me excited as I race along with the other Sega characters. I bet that it would be awesome that those three competing with them.

Metal's vehicle looks like a hovering pod with two arms that move about depending on the transformation. Pretty slick!

nTiBr.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Metal's vehicle looks like a hovering pod with two arms that move about depending on the transformation. Pretty slick!

nTiBr.png

Metal's vehicle looks pretty slick

wait hold the phone is that a pic of outrun bay next to metal to the right o.o

Edited by AceZX02

nTiBr.png

Hm, it looks kinda like that Badnik Cruiser vehicle he was piloting in Sonic 4: Episode 2... how interesting.

It looks more like his torso with weird little wing/ball thingies as little futuristic extention thingies