Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Bayonetta would attract a lot of non SEGA fans to the game, more than ANY OTHER character would do. Seriously, aside from Sonic, his pals, AiAi, Amigo and Virtua Fighter folks, who can be considered popular among general gamers? Bayonetta

even though characters like Beat and NiGHTS are getting a lot of praise lately

I don't think Bayonetta is as popular as you're making it out to be. It received fairly mediocre reviews, if I remember correctly. Bayonetta may be female, but she's just your generic "anime girl badass that dresses like a stripper". There's no way someone like Bayonetta or Ash is getting in. I mean, just look at the rest of the cast.

Really, guys, c'mon.

EDIT: Apparently I'm wrong about the reviews, but still, she's not going to be in. Look at her.

Edited by Billionaire Playboy Wario
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't think Bayonetta is as popular as you're making it out to be. It received fairly mediocre reviews, if I remember correctly. Bayonetta may be female, but she's just your generic "anime girl badass that dresses like a stripper". There's no way someone like Bayonetta or Ash is getting in. I mean, just look at the rest of the cast.

Really, guys, c'mon.

Have to agree. If anything Bayonetta is more Capcom than SEGA. I've seen comparisons between her and Dante, and TBH, I'm not expecting anything from Platinum/Clover in this. I wouldn't complain if there was something in though.

I don't think Bayonetta is as popular as you're making it out to be. It received fairly mediocre reviews, if I remember correctly.

You're remembering wrong Wario, Bayonetta was a well recieved title, though I do recall many complaints about the PS3 version's inferiority. As for her inclusion in this game, lord no. There's a reason she's in Anarchy Reigns folks.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know guys. I don't mind if Bayonetta joins the Sega Racing competition. But I'm not sure if she have a chance of entering the upcoming game. Sure that it sold over a million of copies worldwide and made a success and all. But with the mature rating on her game, it will not be easy. Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is rated E for everyone.

Edited by Shego13

Bayonetta may be female, but she's just your generic "anime girl badass that dresses like a stripper".

I'd suggest you play the games and characters you judge before sounding like an ignorant fool.

As for her inclusion in this game, lord no. There's a reason she's in Anarchy Reigns folks.

Because the prospect of a crossover fighting game by Platinum that doesn't have Bayonetta in it is just plain silly?

I don't get your point.

• Thumbs Up 4

Because the prospect of a crossover fighting game by Platinum that doesn't have Bayonetta in it is just plain silly?

I don't get your point.

he was getting at the point that she's loved enough to return in another game that isn't her staple series probably.

You're remembering wrong Wario, Bayonetta was a well recieved title, though I do recall many complaints about the PS3 version's inferiority. As for her inclusion in this game, lord no. There's a reason she's in Anarchy Reigns folks.

Well, there goes my last hope. I heard the last guest is either Mario or Flo from progressive.

I don't get your point.

I meant that Bayonetta isn't exactly a kid friendly IP, I mean she's a sexualized witch that slays angels with the aid of demons and her own hair which doubles as her attire. She's a great character but for this she'd really be out of place. Which is why I thought she'd best fit in Anarchay Reigns, that game is full of more mature and strange settings and characters.

Well, there goes my last hope. I heard the last guest is either Mario or Flo from progressive.

You heard wrong that Flo thing was just a joke made I made in the updates, and nothing has been said about Mario. For all we know Mumbo Jumbo from Banjo-Kazooie might be the last guest character.

Edited by Balding Spider

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet. So with Miis confirmed I guess that Avatars should be getting confirmed soon as well

Though at the same time I'm puzzled, do the Miis count as that final guest character, or do they apply to the original 27?

Edited by Music Plant Zone

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet. So with Miis confirmed I guess that Avatars should be getting confirmed soon as well

Though at the same time I'm puzzled, do the Miis count as that final guest character, or do they apply to the original 27?

I'm pretty sure a guest character would be someone appearing in all versions of the game.

Could be like last time, where Miis and Avatars give the Wii and 360 versions one more racer than the PS3.

The presence of Miis (and by extension, Avatars) doesn't surprise me one bit, and I welcome it... though I won't be able to experience either on the PC. :P

Still holding out for Ristar.

Updated the roster to include Miis. Though I assume Miis are a different classification than Danika and Ralph, I'll lump them all together as "guest characters" and change the total of 3 to ??? since we don't know if XBLA Avatar is returning or if another guest will be revealed.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Metal's vehicle looks like a hovering pod with two arms that move about depending on the transformation. Pretty slick!

nTiBr.png

I think that Metal's car design has a striking resemblance to some of the Badniks in Sonic CD.

like Ppz_badnik_01.png or Mechabu.png

Edited by Unidus
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was thinking something: instead of a possible inclusion of Bayonetta, what about Jeanne? She has much less "dangerous for kid qualities" and her partial affiliation with the Lumen Sages can give reason for her to pilot a Irenic that can transforms into a Kinship (this because she could not use her motorbike due to game mechanic).

I know Jeanne is not a fan favourite, but it would work.

Edited by Teoskaven

I was thinking something: instead of a possible inclusion of Bayonetta, what about Jeanne? She has much less "dangerous for kid qualities" and her partial affiliation with the Lumen Sages can give reason for her to pilot a Irenic that can transforms into a Kinship (this because she could not use her motorbike due to game mechanic).

I know Jeanne is not a fan favourite, but it would work.

A lot of people are going to buy this game without even knowing a good number of the IPs; it's part of the reason Seaside Hill was chosen yet again, to give a generalization of the series/game. It's pretty much protagonist or bust(NiGHTS and Sonic the exception as of now) if Bayonetta gets a playable character. Not much different from any other crossover spin off game really.

Edited by FourCartridge

I meant that Bayonetta isn't exactly a kid friendly IP, I mean she's a sexualized witch that slays angels with the aid of demons and her own hair which doubles as her attire. She's a great character but for this she'd really be out of place.
large.jpg

You can't have it both ways, you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Ulala and Bayo are really different.

Ulala may have a short skirt and a top but her desing is more campy and young-friendly that the voluptuous Bayonetta (especially if she gets out of her car shaking her "well-done" ass).

Also, Ulala just dance... Bayo likes to mutilate angels while doing provocative poses.

Be sure I would love Bayo in this (Bayo and Ulala are my fav female videogame characters) but I too consider here more sexualized that Ulala to be featured in this game.

I was thinking something: instead of a possible inclusion of Bayonetta, what about Jeanne?

Nah everyone wants Enzo!

Edited by Ferr
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait... Wouldn't Enzo really fit this game? He has several cars afterall, usually they end up destroyed but out of all the characters in Batyonetta, he's quite the petrol head.

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/?p=1837

Now that NiGHTS is too busy racing, who's going to be waving the flag now?

Steve – On this one, you’ll need to wait and see. All I can say is as we start races in the air, it needs to be a character who can fly. Let speculation commence!

It's gotta be Opa Opa. I never really thought we'd see him return, given that his transformations are too simple and that he can't pilot a vehicle because he IS the vehicle. But he's so damn iconic that he has to be used for something. Flag man is the perfect job for Opa Opa.