Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

...OutRun Flagman with a jet pack......?

PLEASE?! ;_;

Jetpack!? He doesn't need that. He can fly because he's simply awesome.

• Thumbs Up 5

*Imagining Segata Sanshiro with a missile on his back*

lol nope, he MUST be a racer. But I like Opa-Opa being the flagman, I think it fits him perfectly, especially because he's the adorable mute and charming character.

Edited by Jango

Segata Sanshiro. He doesn't wave a flag, just punches the racers down the track.

Or the guy with those specs from my signature, yes that is a Sega character.

Or Flicky from, Flicky.

I agree on Opa-Opa; i don't hate the character, but for this update he could'nt fit well since he can race everywhere without transforming. But if he is the flagman he could still be considered present in a certain form and not chopped off.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's gotta be Opa Opa. I never really thought we'd see him return, given that his transformations are too simple and that he can't pilot a vehicle because he IS the vehicle. But he's so damn iconic that he has to be used for something. Flag man is the perfect job for Opa Opa.

That means if you start a race in the water, you'll need someone who can swim--Ecco!!

What if it's Vectorman? I mean with the boosters on his feet it couldn't be too crazy to have him flying at the beginning of races, S0L has already said that he'll be in the game in some manner other than being playable, fans have been clamoring for him similar to NiGHTS who became the flagman for the previous game, and there may not be a Vectorman stage.

Though personally I would've liked each stage to have it's own flagman for each race, like having a few of AiAi's friends wave the flag while trying to balance on a single float in Temple Trouble, Orbot & Cubot waving the flag while in Eggman's Eggpod in Galactic Parade or Egg Hanger, the OutRun Flagman in OutRun Bay, and so on.

• Thumbs Up 2

Though personally I would've liked each stage to have it's own flagman for each race, like having a few of AiAi's friends wave the flag while trying to balance on a single float in Temple Trouble, Orbot & Cubot waving the flag while in Eggman's Eggpod in Galactic Parade or Egg Hanger, the OutRun Flagman in OutRun Bay, and so on.
Damn it, I was just about to post that. If nothing else I wouldn't mind seeing Omochao as the flagman, though. Or myself. 8D

Well, Ulala and Bayo are really different.

Ulala may have a short skirt and a top but her desing is more campy and young-friendly that the voluptuous Bayonetta (especially if she gets out of her car shaking her "well-done" ass).

Also, Ulala just dance... Bayo likes to mutilate angels while doing provocative poses.

Be sure I would love Bayo in this (Bayo and Ulala are my fav female videogame characters) but I too consider here more sexualized that Ulala to be featured in this game.

Um.

Call me crazy but I haven't seen any angels to mutilate yet. I kinda doubt doubt Sumo would go as far as to actually include killing things with dominatrix props and stripping for seductive poses - that's like saying Gillius shouldn't be in the game because he's liable to decapitate something with a big fucking axe. You're trying to use content that would never be in a racing game to defend why she shouldn't be in a racing game. And frankly, that is just stupid, especially when you're all too quick to jump on the other side of the coin and say you want her in the game anyway.

If Bayonetta were to get into the game, I would love if all of her little quotes were self-censored as if she were being paid to be "kid friendly". So everytime she's about to say some form of profanity she has to catch herself and think of a less vulgar word or phrase as a replacement. I would also love if she complained about it at some point, saying that the guys at Sumo are no fun or something like that.

• Thumbs Up 7

What if Orbot and Cubot were announcers; now that, would be interesting. I can only imagine the squabble that those two could get into.

• Thumbs Up 3

Though I think announcers are no more, I always thought that Professor K and the Crazy Taxi announcer would have been an amazing team. No need to create models, just have them off camera commentating. Bring back the original VA's and have them commentate. It would have been amazing...

• Thumbs Up 3

Didn't SUMO say there was no commentator a while back?

But I kinda like the announcer that was in the E3 and SoS demos. Sounded a lot like the SMB2 announcer.

Do you think there could be boss battles against characters that didn't make it? For example, Wizeman challenging you to a little duel where you race him.

• Thumbs Up 1

S0L on the Miis:

Well... it looks like the Mii's are out of the bag, and yes, they are classed as one of the 29 characters. It's not really a rumour, SEGA talked to people about it at GamesCom. I suspect as new previews hit in the near future there will be more details on this one :P

Me: can you guys talk about what are you doing with the Miis? Stats? Is their vehicle just the Super Zoomer from ASR given a facelift or something new?

S0L: All new vehicle design, after all, the old one couldn't fly. I think you might see some references in it too, but you'll need to wait and see :P

Me: ...So if Miis are one of the 29, does this mean the Miis are the 3rd guest you've talked about on SSMB, or not?

S0L: Nope, not that the one I was talking about on SSMB. That is going to be a really cool surprise, but likely won't be talked about for a while!

I really thought the Miis were going to be absent in Transformed (though I'm very pleased that they're in! smile.png). S0L (or maybe it was Sumo-Rex) once mentioned that one of the reasons why Miis and Avatars wouldn't be practical as riders on NiGHTS and Reala was potential licensing issues, so I thought maybe their inclusion in the game itself might be skipped.

Edited by Wonks

I'm fucking pumped about Miis. The only character better than NiGHTS, Reala, and Metal Sonic is ME! I'm ALWAYS the best choice!

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm fucking pumped about Miis. The only character better than NiGHTS, Reala, and Metal Sonic is ME! I'm ALWAYS the best choice!

His All-Star move would be making a picture of himself flash before everyone's eyes.

No_Wario__NOOOOO______by_Da_Phase_Meister.jpg

Edited by Enderwoman
  • Thumbs Up 3

10/10

Would bang.

Dem elbows.

I smell the beginning of a great relationship between you and I. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

I smell the beginning of a great relationship between you and I. tongue.png

Your avatar change made me think that someone else had replied here. >:C

We can never be friends now.

Now i get when SoL said that "not all versions will have the same amount of characters"; the WiiU and the 3DS will have the Mii, the Xbox will have the Avatars but probably the PS3 and the PSVita will not have this type of character.