Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

But didn't S0L say that the Bonus/Limited edition would be for all versions?

Edit: I'm talking about.

Edited by FourCartridge

I'm running an interesting experiment over at the SEGA forum to see who the most wanted de-confirmed Sonic character would be. This won't lead to any additions to the game, either at launch or for any potential future DLC, but I thought I'd mention it in here in case anyone was interested in taking part.

First read the first post with the rules on it...

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?420195-An-experiment-Who-is-the-most-wanted-de-confirmed-Sonic-character&p=7506334&viewfull=1#post7506334

Then if you are happy to abide by those rules, come and join in :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

I consider it more of an education :)

It's an interesting experiment to see if we can actually derive a character in that way if we did want to do it in the future. We're constantly asked 'Why can't you just do a poll to determine which characters' and so I wanted to see if it would even work.

I'd also like to think that it allows everyone on the *outside* to see the challenge we face on the *inside* when it comes to determining the character roster for these kind of games. I'm sure you think it's really easy to define a list of characters and get everyone to agree to it, but it really isn't.

That's why it has to go through committees, focus tests, marketing, PR, Japan and all the way back again (and sometimes around a few times) - but since you never get to see it, you don't necessarily understand how tricky it is.

Now I'm doing a similar process in public, it might just show the headache involved.

Keep an eye on it this week though - it'll be interesting for sure :)

---

S0L

---

A. You get ONE vote. Simply post the name of the Sonic character you'd most like to see involved in the poll.

First post: CHAOTIX!

... ...

If I could remember my login info for those forums I think my vote would have to go to either Fang/Nack. Or to be a little out of the box "badnik" e.g. a motobug which either transforms into a motobug type aircraft/boat or transforms into a buzzbomber/jaws badnik.

Incredible isn't it. On the first page alone I have two people who can't or didn't read the rules. It's like they want to prove it can't work :)

I also love the external conversations people have with themselves, it's proper 'Daddy... Chips.... Daddy... Chips...' :)

---

S0L

---

Damn, I can't even remember my log-in there. Well, hopefully everyone picks the Chaotix! Because they are cool. Well, nah, I honestly just want Vector. Because he is cool.

Edited by Winston
  • Thumbs Up 1

Damn, I can't even remember my log-in there. Well, hopefully everyone picks the Chaotix!

He disqualified them because they're a group of three. I was gonna pick em before I changed to Tikal.

He disqualified them because they're a group of three. I was gonna pick em before I changed to Tikal.

Well actually he said 5, but that's why I said I wanted just Vector. XP

Edited by Winston

The Chaotix were a group of 5 characters in the 32X version. Come on, keep up!

When I say ONE character, I mean ONE character. We're only on page 2 over there and I'm having to explain that already :)

---

S0L

---

Weren't they a group of seven in the original? Besides, the Japanese version didn't even have them as a group, just characters who happened to be working together for that one game.

Regardless, it should be obvious that people are referring to the Heroes definition of the Chaotix group, since the original definition has long been defunct.

When I say ONE character, I mean ONE character. We're only on page 2 over there and I'm having to explain that already smile.png

---

S0L

---

lol I know, thats why I couldn't believe after your explanation on the Sega forums, the first reply was a team of technically 7 if you include Heavy, Bomb and Knuckles!

Weren't they a group of seven in the original? Besides, the Japanese version didn't even have them as a group, just characters who happened to be working together for that one game.

Regardless, it should be obvious that people are referring to the Heroes definition of the Chaotix group, since the original definition has long been defunct.

...and yet we get requests for Alex Kidd, Wonderboy and Opa Opa who clearly pre-date the 32x by some margin. There will be a thread on the SEGA forums about 'Include SEGA Bell' as a character next...

This is the curse you see, we have to consider all ages of SEGA!

Regardless, 7, 5 or 3, still not one character :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually... you know what would be amazing, yet almost unlikely to happen. One of the oldest Sonic characters, yet never appeared in any game. Kintobor.

Fifty billion house points to Sumo if S0L knows who Kintobor is.

*eyes widen*

Oh man! Can you imagine if Kintobor was the last boss in the game.. urm... does the game have boss fights? If not, just... THE FLAG MAN SHOULD BE KINTOBOR!

...and yet we get requests for Alex Kidd, Wonderboy and Opa Opa who clearly pre-date the 32x by some margin. There will be a thread on the SEGA forums about 'Include SEGA Bell' as a character next...

This is the curse you see, we have to consider all ages of SEGA!

Not in this case, no. Not when it's not part of the image Sega wants for them. If the Chaotix were ever to be in, they would be the team Chaotix introduced in Heroes, guaranteed.

Regardless, 7, 5 or 3, still not one character tongue.png

---

S0L

---

I know, and that's why I'm not going to take part. Just pointing out the technicalities.

Blaze the Cat. The game feels.incomplete without her.

Let's see...NiGHTS, Reala, Metal Sonic, Knuckles, Eggman, Vyse...no, I think we're good here.

• Thumbs Up 2

If i should say a name, it will be the one of Silver; but as i stated, i can live without him or anymore Sonic characters.

I'm more interested on one of the first lines on SoL's post on SEGA forum:

"My response to the original PM was that we have to pick something that works for fans and non-fans, and be commercially viable. If it isn't likely to sell DLC, it won't get off the ground!"

That means that Sumo is actually considering some future DLC that are not 1-2 like in the previous game?

Actually... you know what would be amazing, yet almost unlikely to happen. One of the oldest Sonic characters, yet never appeared in any game. Kintobor.

Fifty billion house points to Sumo if S0L knows who Kintobor is.

*eyes widen*

Oh man! Can you imagine if Kintobor was the last boss in the game.. urm... does the game have boss fights? If not, just... THE FLAG MAN SHOULD BE KINTOBOR!

Except of course, that's from the comics. That's before we get into what is considered canon or not - and I'm not even going there...!

Not in this case, no. Not when it's not part of the image Sega wants for them. If the Chaotix were ever to be in, they would be the team Chaotix introduced in Heroes, guaranteed.

I know, and that's why I'm not going to take part. Just pointing out the technicalities.

And you'd be right of course, if this was a Sonic Team title, but as an All-Star game, we have different rules. I'm not sure how the technicalities prevent you from picking a single character. The reason I set that rule as it forces people to think which character is actually most important to them. That'll get even more interesting when it's in the poll with the resultant shortlist, especially when less vocal players vote on it smile.png

If i should say a name, it will be the one of Silver; but as i stated, i can live without him or anymore Sonic characters.

I'm more interested on one of the first lines on SoL's post on SEGA forum:

"My response to the original PM was that we have to pick something that works for fans and non-fans, and be commercially viable. If it isn't likely to sell DLC, it won't get off the ground!"

That means that Sumo is actually considering some future DLC that are not 1-2 like in the previous game?

First, if you want to take part, you need to post in that thread on the SEGA forums. Second, you need to read the rules smile.png

This is purely an experiment. If it's something that works, maybe we'll consider it in the future to allow some input on the character selection process if/when we do DLC or another game.

But it certainly won't be considered if I can't get it to work, which is why I'm being rather firm on the rules set forth (and making people stick to them!).

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L

First, if you want to tark part, you need to post in that thread on the SEGA forums. Second, you need to read the rules smile.png

This is purely an experiment. If it's something that works, maybe we'll consider it in the future to allow some input on the character selection process if/when we do DLC or another game.

But it certainly won't be considered if I can't get it to work, which is why I'm being rather firm on the rules set forth (and making people stick to them!).

---

S0L

---

Sadly, i'm not subscribed at that board, and doing it just to put a single post is rather pointless/near insulting. And i know it's an experiment that doesn't mean anything aside to test the intellect/comprehension of the users. I quoted that sentence since it was like something discharged from the context but with a hint in it. Just that.