Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Let's see...NiGHTS, Reala, Metal Sonic, Knuckles, Eggman, Vyse...no, I think we're good here.

Reala's unneeded.

• Thumbs Up 1

Blaze is infinitely more unneeded than Reala.

ALL THE HIGH FIVES.

Anyway- outside of SOL's experiment, I've honestly prayed for Dynamite Headdy, seeing as he WAS published by SEGA, although that probably doesn't count sadly. But in terms of Sonic characters...

...I actually think we have all of the necessary ones. Anymore would be padding to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sadly, i'm not subscribed at that board, and doing it just to put a single post is rather pointless/near insulting. And i know it's an experiment that doesn't mean anything aside to test the intellect/comprehension of the users. I quoted that sentence since it was like something discharged from the context but with a hint in it. Just that.

Apologies if you find it insulting, but it's going to be hard enough to collate the answers in one thread, so I'm not going to be taking any votes from this thread.

Incidentally, I am not testing their comprehension or intellect specifically. Let's say at some point SEGA actually say to us 'Why don't we ask the fans?' with regards to a characters, where do you think they'll want us to ask? You can bet it'll be their forums or Facebook. Hence the experiment. I want to see if it's actually possible to get to a shortlist, then a poll, and then something they can live with.

So whilst yes, I am using them as subjects in a test and getting them to stick to the rules is proving difficult, I suspect you'd get the same no matter where I did this.

---

S0L

---

Fuck Blaze. The only cat we need up in this game is DA BIG MAN.

Edited by Waterwraith
  • Thumbs Up 1

So yeah... I voted for Blaze (unfortunately - this is a Sonic exclusive poll so...).

I know you guys have your pitch forks and torches out. I'll close my eyes while you guys beat me to death.

Edited by Autosaver

Apologies if you find it insulting, but it's going to be hard enough to collate the answers in one thread, so I'm not going to be taking any votes from this thread.

Incidentally, I am not testing their comprehension or intellect specifically. Let's say at some point SEGA actually say to us 'Why don't we ask the fans?' with regards to a characters, where do you think they'll want us to ask? You can bet it'll be their forums or Facebook. Hence the experiment. I want to see if it's actually possible to get to a shortlist, then a poll, and then something they can live with.

So whilst yes, I am using them as subjects in a test and getting them to stick to the rules is proving difficult, I suspect you'd get the same no matter where I did this.

---

S0L

---

No, it's me the one who needs to apologize, since i think i sounded offensive: i wanted to say that subscribing just for one single post isn't worth the effort; i know that my opinion will not be considered, so yeah, maybe i should have not posted in the first place.

Sorry, that guy ain't got shit on da big man.

a'ight a'ight a'ight

So Clawz is a Nightmaren, yeah? That means there are hints that he's been around since around the beginning of time. Also, that fucker loves fireworks. Big, homing fireworks that blow shit up. During the boss fight, the only way to get a 2.0 on him is just to hope that he fucks up, which never, ever happens. Also, see those spikes back there? He could probably jack your shit right up with those, not to mention the giant fucking claws of pure assrape on his front paws.

So basically, Tiger + Rocket Launcher + Ageless badass = Clawz

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure how the technicalities prevent you from picking a single character.

Oh, it's not the technicality, it's the fact that I can't vote for the Chaotix and thus have no interest in anyone else (my back-up for spin-offs is Tails...like he wouldn't be in the game :/ ). It's just not as sweet when they're not allowed to bounce off each other for interaction.

• Thumbs Up 1

We're only limited to Sonic characters then I'd say... Blaze the Cat would be my choice. We already have the classic characters in Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, and Eggman, she's not another hedgehog character and, of the modern characters she really is one of the few that have been handled well.

Plus she is voiced by Laura Bailey. That there alone makes the character worth voting for.

a'ight a'ight a'ight

So Clawz is a Nightmaren, yeah? That means there are hints that he's been around since around the beginning of time. Also, that fucker loves fireworks. Big, homing fireworks that blow shit up. During the boss fight, the only way to get a 2.0 on him is just to hope that he fucks up, which never, ever happens. Also, see those spikes back there? He could probably jack your shit right up with those, not to mention the giant fucking claws of pure assrape on his front paws.

So basically, Tiger + Rocket Launcher + Ageless badass = Clawz

Aight, Aight, Listen here son. See this bastard?

sonic-and-sega-all-stars-racing.png

Look again.

He ain't pullin any shitty poses out of his ass like the rest of the damn sega characters. He just don't give a fuck. If he gave any less of a fuck, the world would die from lack of fucks.

Where am going with this?

This bastard right here don't need to try and look intimidating because he knows he could kick all of your asses without even trying. You are so insignificant to him that he doesn't even need to look at your ass. He'd wreck that wimpy cat's shit before he could even blink.

• Thumbs Up 4

sonic-and-sega-all-stars-racing.png

But he's posing right there. He's doing that stupid "I'm clutching something but not really" pose that Shadow, Silver, and Metal all love so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

He's not posing. He's looking at his nails. Through his gloves. Like a motherfucking boss.

Looks to me like he's staring straight into the camera.

Or like he just smoked like five pounds of weed.

• Thumbs Up 1

How about we just say Big and Clawz hang out at the bar and down pure alcohol on a regular basis?

How about we just say Big and Clawz hang out at the bar and down pure alcohol on a regular basis?

As long as they fuck bitches and get money afterward, I'm cool with that. -brofist-

• Thumbs Up 1

Wrong.

Clawzdraft.jpg

Excuse my language...but WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? Is that concept art for Big the Cat?

Excuse my language...but WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? Is that concept art for Big the Cat?

srsly?

It's Clawz, the boss of Frozen Bell from NiGHTS.

• Thumbs Up 2

SO.

Some thought later, I've decided who I'd pick if I planned to actually sign up at the SEGA Forums. (Not in a million years, but I understand why it's being done there)

e102gamma_display.png

GAMMA.

Fook Omega, this guy was the original (aside from Beta, but whatever). He's easily amongst my favourite characters of the series. Why? In Adventure, his concept was fresh and new-and tragic for the series, at least in the end upon his sacrifice. Also, his design is pretty bitchin' too, in my opinion. It's a shame he's not appeared since Battle, and it'd be nice to see him in some way in this game.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's from NiGHTS (4:24):

Edited by Lungo

srsly?

It's Clawz, the boss of Frozen Bell from NiGHTS.

Don't think I ever got that far in NiGHTS. I used to have it a few years ago, but only had the basic Saturn pad and thus couldn't play it properly and didn't unlock many of the levels. That will all change when the HD version is released.

Actually, Zero is E-100 Alpha.

So...

GO ME, GETTING MEH ROBOTS MUDDLED UP

In my defence, Zero sucked. But... yeah.