Awoo.

Dogs!

Nepenthe

I absolutely love dogs! I have a particular fondness for golden retrievers because I grew up with one as a pet. His name was Toby, he was huge (about 115 pounds), and pretty much the most lovable pet ever. Here's a (really old) pic of me with him:

mike_toby.jpg

I also really like daschunds a lot because they look really funny and adorable when they walk. :P

Edited by mikeblastdude
  • Thumbs Up 5

Ah man, that expression on Toby is great. He looks like he was an awesome companion. :3

Goldens were my absolute favorite dogs for the longest because Shadow from Homeward Bound was just the greatest character ever to me for awhile. Despite a relatively newfound love of westies, goldens are still a top dog of mine and I get a kick out of seeing them whenever one's been dropped off at the vet clinic my brother works at. They just don't stop moving. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

I love dogs, easily my favourite animal on the entire planet. I've had quite a few in my time, and I've loved each and every one of them to bits. To me they're not just pets, they're family members!

Here's my little Chocolate Labrador, Tilly. happy.png

Xwgax.jpg?1

Doing what she does best, sleeping! She loves it as much as she loves rubber chickens and food. She loves playing fetch more than anything though, I guess. She's actually the first dog I've had who actually retrieves the ball rather than runs off with it. laugh.png

She hates...cats. That's about it really, other than that she loves pretty much everything!

0ah3E.jpg?1

They grow up so fast...

• Thumbs Up 9

ELEPHANT SEX. . . . . Oh. . . I thought we were shouting random words O.o

I have a picture of my Dog but it's not on this computer. I'll have to upload one later, but I can say some words :D

Name: Todd

Breed: Palmeranian (Not sure if I spelt that right)

Likes: Teasing the cats, eating anything that moves, getting loads of attention, chewing up my Sonic plushies >_> (I gotta stop leaving those things where he can get to them), bacon flavored dog bones, doggy toys, the cat's toys ><

Dislikes: Hookworm medicine, when Kayla brings her dog Leo to visit, when the cats play with his toys, when we have to leave, when he's not getting attention.

Strengths: Being SUPER FUCKING ADORABLE! Running, humping people I don't like's legs, yapping >_>, super fuzzy <3

Weaknesses: Being scratched behind his ears, his forhead and anywhere on his back.

Biography: We found him randomly walking across the roads while we were driving home. He didn't have a leash and we were afraid that he would get run over. So we took him in for a couple of days hoping we could give him to a close friend, however, we got attatched to the little one very soon. We took him to the vet, got him fixed up, got him a leash, a cage, and finally a bed to make him feel at home :)

I absolutely love dogs! I have a particular fondness for golden retrievers because I grew up with one as a pet. His name was Toby, he was huge (about 115 pounds), and pretty much the most lovable pet ever. Here's a (really old) pic of me with him:

mike_toby.jpg

I also really like daschunds a lot because they look really funny and adorable when they walk. tongue.png

That looks like my Golden Retriever, Kit. Unfortunatly she's just ashes in a box now >':

I love dogs, and I miss her so much.

Edited by Solkia the Typo Wizard

I commend you for taking in a dog from the streets; most of them aren't long for the world either because of the elements or the shelter system. But I'm surprised a Pom of all things even survived long enough to be found. It's very likely you found someone's lost pet. xP

Also, I find it quite the coincidence that the first dogs posted here were a golden and a lab because I've got a feel-good story involving both that inspired this thread in the first place. Dat bonding:

image.jpg

Blind Golden Retriever befriends dog at hospital who becomes his guide:

It was a rough life for Tanner, a blind Golden Retriever suffering from epilepsy — until he found a four-legged friend to be his eyes.

Blair, a 1-year-old Black Labrador with a troubled past, grabs hold of Tanner’s leash and leads him around the Tulsa, Okla. animal hospital they call home, staff there told the Daily News on Monday.

“They go out every time,” said Karen Miller, Woodland West Animal Hospital’s practice manager. “It’s amazing to see them together.”

Tanner was born blind 2-1/2 years ago and had a home until his owner died in 2010. He bounced around between a foster family and the Sooner Golden Retriever Rescue, which currently owns him.

The rescue group placed him at the animal hospital last December to care for his seizures, which cause him to be incontinent and “go into a biting frenzy,” Miller said.

It wasn’t until he met Blair, who arrived at the hospital after being found homeless and shot, that staff noticed a change.

“One day [blair and Tanner] were exercising in a play yard together,” Woodland West vet Dr. Mike Jones told local ABC affiliate KTUL. “Blair all of a sudden seemed to realize that Tanner was blind and just started to help him around.”

Since meeting, Tanner’s seizures have become less frequent, while Blair has become less anxious, hospital staff said.

“We’ve worked with a lot of different service dogs to provide these services for people,” Jones told ABCNews.com. “But it’s the first time I’ve seen anything like this, the special relationship these two dogs have.”

Officials are hoping someone will adopt the pair together. It would be a heartwarming ending for a pair that faced being euthanized, said Pamela Denny, vice-president of Sooner Golden Retriever Rescue.

“I’m sure we will be able to place them,” Denny said. “It’s about finding the right home to love them.”

Source: http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1070177

• Thumbs Up 7

Posting my love for this animal would be redundant here, since I think it's safe to say it's common knowledge by now? Maybe?

So moving on, there's always been one type of dog I've wanted the most. German Shepards are close, and I'm a fan of fox terriers as well, but I really hope to get a Tamaskan some day:

Tamaskan.jpg

They're bred to look like wolves, yet not having to breed with a wolf to get them. They're extremely playful and junk, and really good with people and kids too. I've always wanted a big dog to take with me everywhere, but being a college student and the works doesn't really allow me to; not yet anyways.

Though the dog I have now is awesome. I'm actually sure what he is, but he's about the size of a terrier. He was a mutt that wandered by our house one day a few years ago and I decided to keep him. He's super ugly, his jaw sticks out way too much so you can see his teeth (not like a bulldog), I think he has halitosis, is super fat, and sleeps all day. All that said, I couldn't love him more and is probably the coolest dog I've ever had.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I forgot to mention my dog is cool enough to have a Facebook

• Thumbs Up 6

I desperately want a dog, have ever since I was a kid. But I'm allergic to them unfortunately, along with 95% of other animals.

Siberian Husky is what I'd want. They are so adorable ; _ ;

I commend you for taking in a dog from the streets; most of them aren't long for the world either because of the elements or the shelter system. But I'm surprised a Pom of all things even survived long enough to be found. It's very likely you found someone's lost pet. xP

Also, I find it quite the coincidence that the first dogs posted here were a golden and a lab because I've got a feel-good story involving both that inspired this thread in the first place. Dat bonding:

image.jpg

Source: http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1070177

Oh god, that made my night. =,)

Yes, ol' Blaire is a dog person. I have four of my own - three lab mixes (two of which are from the same litter) and a corgi mix.

my doggy!

229625_1926082947642_1109211254_31644990_1342887_n.jpg

His name is Jigga and he's over 10 years old now. I had him since I was in 5th or 6th grade. One of the best pets I've ever had, love this little guy so much. He's a chocolate lab/golden retriever mix. The hat is mine XD My sister took him when she moved out, luckily she lives right down the street so I can visit whenever, especially since I have a key :P. He's pretty well behaved and still very active for his age. He can be a bit rowdy when he's outside though, but for the most part he listens, on or off the leash.

My girlfriend doesn't like dogs though, she's a cat person, so I'm stuck with these two who we both adopted:

67633_1445710138622_1109211254_30990911_3653366_n.jpg

the black one and brown striped one are ours, the white one was a friends who moved out quite some time ago, the black one's name is Aaiden and the brown one Tizzy. Can't say that I like cats too much, but they are growing on me. We saved Aaiden from a shelter who was going to put him down since he was there for awhile. Tizzy was suppose to go to someone else who opted out last minute, so the lady I worked with asked me if I was interested and my gf's cat recently passed so I figured why not.

• Thumbs Up 6

I have two dogs now, one of which really is fond of me especially (the other is a daddy dog). They're called Maximillian and Tiny, a Jack Russel/Colie cross and pure Jack Russel respectively. No photos because yeah.

I did have another one, called Olaf, a Staffie Bull/Collie cross. The thing is, I had a horrific dream of him dying the night I got to Uni in my first year, and he died six days later, and it was caused by a tumour rupturing a nearby Aorta so it was bloody. sad.png

That story is so incredibly heartwarming. But...blind? Golden Retriever? Black Labrador? Guide? Here's something else along those lines:

DSC01172.jpg

This is Hamlet, affectionately known as Hammy. He's a black, labrador/retriever cross, 8 and a half years old, and he is my girlfriend's Guide Dog.

I suppose I had a preconception with working dogs - that they were trained so rigidly, they were super-smart and disciplined. And that's not strictly true. When they're younger, and eager to please, there is that element to them. But they're still animals, they still have their own personalities.

DSC01167.jpg

They're not always as bright as they look, either! Hammy is great at his job, even if he's beginning to lose interest (near retirement age), but he's a loveable ditz too. And boy, is he loving. If he's away from my girlfriend for too long, he becomes a nervous wreck, the poor thing. But to us, that just shows how much he loves his owner. That's not all he loves.

DSC01220.jpg

BELLY RUBS. Between that and his food (he is part-Lab, after all), he loves his down-time.

I love that pooch.

• Thumbs Up 2

Whilst Cats are my absolute favourite pet, I have an immense soft spot for the Yorkshire Terrier breed and so does my mother. Who had wanted her own Yorkie since she was a young girl. I initially didn't really like the Yorkshire Terrier breed because my experiences with my great grandmother's Yorkies gave me the impression that they were horrible, snappy and yappy little terrors. However, that view completely changed when my mom got a beautiful little Yorkie pup in early 2011.

susieandmephoto.png

On my lap <3

Name: Susie

Breed: Yorkshire Terrier

Likes: Travelling with my parents in the car wherever they go (Within reason), walkies, sleeping with my sister every single night.

Dislikes: Being left in the house when my parents go somewhere, being shut out of the bedroom so she can't sleep with my sister, being bossed about by Sheba (Our other dog who's a Huskita), being ignored when she asks for love.

Bio: The grandaughter of a Crufts champion and a descendant of award-winning ancestors, she comes from extremely reputable bloodline. Offspring of Roxy, a silver and tan Yorkie female and Gucci, an extremely handsome black and tan Yorkie stud, she came from a wonderful breeder in Nottingham. She's a bossy yet extremely loving little madam who whilst having an attitude bigger than she is, has an even bigger heart.

Our other Dog is Sheba. This photo was taken when she was a young pup. She is now MUCH MUCH bigger;

shebahuskita.jpg

Name: Sheba

Breed: Huskita (Her mother, Skye, was a Siberian Husky and her father (Don't know his name) was a Japanese Akita)

Likes: Excercising her will over the other animals in the household, eating, chewing her dog toys.

Dislikes: When the other animals don't bend to her will, when she is ignored, excessive heat (She has a double coat and thick skin, being part Husky)

Bio: Offspring of Skye, a Siberian Husky and a male Japanese Akita. Young but already knows what she likes. VERY boisterous and exciteable. Oh yeah, and she's also an extremely strong dog for her age and size. At 7 months, she's already the most physically powerful dog I've ever interacted with. As a result, she's quite a handful on the lead because she's so strong. She's a loving, jovial dog but doesn't know her own strength. The way she moves is powerful, from the force of her tail wags to the force with which she just...moves. I can easily see why a group of Husky's can pull a sled having interacted with her a lot.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 2

I am not allowed to have a dog or a cat, my mum and sister have allergies, fuck my life! sad.png

classic_dot_by_truelamor-d4yu7lo.jpgClassicmodern_dot_by_truelamor-d4yu7sp.jpgModern

Name: Dot

Breed: Mutt

Dislikes: Other female dogs, cats (save for one my grandfather have)

Strenght: Running, barking (my ears bleed everytime she barks)

Weaknesess: Water is Super effective!, thinking, obeying

Bio: One of five puppies my grandfather's dog had. At first I hated her. Now I love her. Always ready to eat and bark. She likes to stare at walls. Every even most silent whistle from outside will make her bark but she won't bite anyone I hope.

barking_dot_by_truelamor-d4yu846.jpgyeeeeaaaah_by_truelamor-d4yu8cr.jpg

.YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

Goldens were my absolute favorite dogs for the longest because Shadow from Homeward Bound was just the greatest character ever to me for awhile. Despite a relatively newfound love of westies, goldens are still a top dog of mine and I get a kick out of seeing them whenever one's been dropped off at the vet clinic my brother works at. They just don't stop moving. xD

Yes! Another Golden Retriever lover! :D They're my all time favorite dog breed as well due to their personality. The only downside of them is their shedding.

Hey guys, I have an interesting dilemma.

My dog-aggressive dog acted within his natural instincts, tore his line from the grounds, and went after a pitbull-looking puppy. Unlike what you might expect, the pitbull is now cowering beside a neighbor's fence. I've wrangled my dog into his cage, but am struck with a dilemma.

While this puppy isn't aggressive and has a collar, he has no tags. He also has indications of tick infestation, but doesn't seem too thin. He is taking shelter in this neighbor's yard, but there are no indications he lives there; no poop in the yard, no shelter, no line, no bowls, no toys, and the fence is broken. I have no idea if this dog belongs to these people, but at the same time, I don't want to leave him there if he does and he gets out again or -worse yet- heads towards the street.

Should I give him partial shelter at my house? Should I call Animal Control? Should I let him stay where he is?

Hey guys, I have an interesting dilemma.

My dog-aggressive dog acted within his natural instincts, tore his line from the grounds, and went after a pitbull-looking puppy. Unlike what you might expect, the pitbull is now cowering beside a neighbor's fence. I've wrangled my dog into his cage, but am struck with a dilemma.

While this puppy isn't aggressive and has a collar, he has no tags. He also has indications of tick infestation, but doesn't seem too thin. He is taking shelter in this neighbor's yard, but there are no indications he lives there; no poop in the yard, no shelter, no line, no bowls, no toys, and the fence is broken. I have no idea if this dog belongs to these people, but at the same time, I don't want to leave him there if he does and he gets out again or -worse yet- heads towards the street.

Should I give him partial shelter at my house? Should I call Animal Control? Should I let him stay where he is?

Isn't Animal Control for serious cases like if you think they have rabies or something? I wouldn't give him shelter, but maybe give him something to eat, or something.

If you can confirm it's safe to give him shelter, and you're willing to, then sure, go right ahead.

ALSO

If you love dogs, you'll LOVE gajyumaru234's videos of his faithful golden, Coco. she is so cute, and a lot of the videos he posts of her are just adorable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Animal Control is for any stray case. But I'm afraid of calling because the shelter system is swamped with pitbulls, and this little guy may not make it if he's taken away. My parents sure won't take him; not with our little Cesar already here and his terrible ass.

Anyway, I've given him some bologna, was able to get a leash on him and inspect his ears. They're worse than I thought- ticks all over, and some hair loss on his rump too.

I don't believe the little guy lives where he's hiding, not in the condition he's in. I'm gonna get him on a leash and leave him out back until I think of what to do.

Well, if that's the case, Animal Control probably has some sort of hotline thing, maybe you can ask the person on the phone what you should do. Just be sure to mention the thing about the pitbulls, or they'll just come get him, they might even do it anyways.

I have a Patterdale Terrier. He turned 8 years old one month and a half ago. I take him out to a park every day for at least an hour.

Well, now for something different.

Jack1WebFull.jpg

Airedales. My god, Airedales.

This is the ugliest type of dog I have ever seen in my entire life. That long face and those unnatural-looking legs just urk me.

And what the hell is with the tail on this one?

Well, if that's the case, Animal Control probably has some sort of hotline thing, maybe you can ask the person on the phone what you should do. Just be sure to mention the thing about the pitbulls, or they'll just come get him, they might even do it anyways.

Well, I've gotten him tied up... somewhat. The bugger is a rock. I could barely move him, which confuses me on whether or not that yard is his actual place of residence; dogs know their homes and will hunker down at home when shit hits the fan. But he's in a pretty shitty condition. I did another check and discovered his ear is actually bleeding from the tick bites, and it pisses me off. If these people own him, they don't deserve him. I'm just going to call. I've fed him and tied him up so he can't go in the street; I'm not physically equipped to do much more than that.

.... And what the fuck is wrong with you? I love Airedales!

Edit: Well-p, Animal Control is on its way and I'm kind of regretting it. That dog keeps trying to sneak back towards that house, making me think it's his home. I'm going to ask the home owners once I think they're home if they own a dog and explain the situation. I hope they understand and that this doesn't turn out to be a big thing.

Edited by Nepenthe

A double-post but it seems my story has concluded. After a stormy night here, Animal Control has come to take our tenant away. I called my mom first yesterday, and she laid into me about approaching strange dogs and exposing them to vaccinated ones. I don't particularly care for her spiel; as a society, I feel we're responsible for our domesticated animals' welfare, and he didn't need to be roaming around. If I didn't get him, what would've happened? Alas, she also warned me that my father would also be hot. Instead, he falls in love with the damn thing! He kept saying, "I just feel so sorry for it," kept feeding it, made it a bed, and that preceded the statement I didn't want to hear from anybody: "I think I want to keep him." Good lord, I didn't mean for that to happen.

When the officer came, my dad asked how we can check on his progress. Five days without being reclaimed means that the dog goes up for adoption where I wager he would have a month before being euthanized. The officer's number is now on the counter, and I think this man I call my father is just crazy enough to battle with my mom about owning not only a second dog, but a pitbull, a breed she isn't fond of. Oy, this has been a crazy weekend.

Here's a crappy cellphone pic of the little guy:

IMG_20120512_162825.jpg

If any Georgians here are in the market for a chill puppy, let me know. xP

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 2