Awoo.

The Expendables 2

pppp

All i hear is how "The Avengers" was amazing(which it was) but let's not forget 2 years ago the king of action movies Sylvester Stallone gave us a fantastic crossover that gathered a lot of fantastic action legends and now, he brings us the sequel, which has bigger roles for Willis and Arnold(HELL YEAH!) and some newcomers. So to everyone who grew up on 80s/early 90s action movies, i present to you "The Expendables 2" also known among fans as "Chuck Norris and his team" :

Hulk is powerful and all but this movie has Chuck Norris, the guy that sneezed the gamma rays that turned Banner into the Hulk.laugh.png

Seriously though,this movie is gonna kick so much ass,can't waitbiggrin.png

Edited by pppp
  • Thumbs Up 5

watched the first one purely for its cast. The overall plot was retarded. Action was alright, typical "action/gun" movie stuff.

The first film was quite simply: GREAT ACTION AND VERY FUNNY. In short very entertaining with all those legends. Okay the plot was rubbish but who cares. I would love Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt etc to join the cast.

Looks like a good run of films for Lionsgate especially after the success of 'The Hunger Games'.

watched the first one purely for its cast. The overall plot was retarded. Action was alright, typical "action/gun" movie stuff.

So is Jet Li actually going to kick ass in this movie and not get his ass kicked?

Seriously.

I heard this was being watered down for a PG-13/12A release also the swearing was cut down due Chuck Norris deep root Christian beliefs and it was something they agreed in the contract.

To me this defeats the purpose of the film the first film was meant to be a nod to the over the top bloody action films of the 80's and early 90's and somehow with a 12A rating I highly doubt it.

I mean does every film these have to be a PG-13/12A just so they can sell more tickets. Its like you waited so long to be able to see 15 and 18 rated films only know there is few to none. dry.png

So thanks to Chuck Norris we get very little to no profanity and thanks to some kids that bitched they couldn't see the first we now have the film as PG-13.

My Response:

Edited by BW199148

The first film was an over-sensationalized piece of garbage with absolutely no "reverence" to the 80's action film genre. It wasn't remotely funny, ironic or clever like the top contenders such as Commando were. The actors had no sense of direction, the choreography was non-existent and the firefight scenes were absolutely dire which amounted to nothing but people firing guns at things. The kicker; The A-Team was released only months before, and actually got right what an action movie of this caliber should consist of - crazy loons coming up with insane plans with fun and well structured, thoughtful action. The Expendables instead ended up being big names on a poster, which amounted to having too many chefs in the kitchen.

This movie looks to do nothing to change that. "Oh, Chuck Norris is in". A dead meme from 2003 is supposed to change the fact that it still looks like mindless shooting and some things exploding. You can replicate this trailer and the original movie by taking any film by Freddie Wong and slapping the the faces of The Expendable actors on the cast. Oh wait, no that'd make it better.

• Thumbs Up 5

Eh, I only watched the first for the pure adrenaline and action. And that was a few years ago.

I'm kinda wanting a bit more than just a movie with major names slapped onto it this time now that we have a sequel.

I heard this was being watered down for a PG-13/12A release also the swearing was cut down due Chuck Norris deep root Christian beliefs and it was something they agreed in the contract.

To me this defeats the purpose of the film the first film was meant to be a nod to the over the top bloody action films of the 80's and early 90's and somehow with a 12A rating I highly doubt it.

I mean does every film these have to be a PG-13/12A just so they can sell more tickets. Its like you waited so long to be able to see 15 and 18 rated films only know there is few to none. dry.png

So thanks to Chuck Norris we get very little to no profanity and thanks to some kids that bitched they couldn't see the first we now have the film as PG-13.

My Response:

You guys are are only focusing on trivial things. Just the fact that Arnold shoots people in the movie is enough to me.

Edited by Scar

Trivial?

Expendibles 1 was an insubstantial movie. Characters were pointless gunslingers and the story went nowhere.

Oh yes because Commando and Rambo had sooo much substance and character.

I didn't like either of those films.

I didn't like either of those films.

Well in that case this movie is not for you, which is fine. This is a throwback to stupid 80s action movies. It's a movie targeted to a specific audience. Others have "The Avengers" to watch which is pretty much the best action movie ever made.

You guys are are only focusing on trivial things.

The Expendables as a whole only focused on trivial things.

I dunno, I'm in the camp who believes that action movies benefited from taking time to learn proper choreography and techniques, and good directing.

Oh yes because Commando and Rambo had sooo much substance and character.

Commando and Rambo definitely had character. Especially Commando. What made Commando such a cult classic was because it had a fantastic tongue-in-cheek approach to the entire movie. The dialogue was ridiculous and campy, there were memorable and witty one-liners, it had gratuitous violence with over-the-top choreography and fight scenes, memorable kills and scenes, and it also had Arnold and every other cheesy cliché that comes along with him. Even Rambo is filled to the brim with blood, guts and fun violence.

The Expendables? Guys pointing guns at people and a "touching" performance by Mickey Rourke so out of place that it plays like it was recorded for a different movie at a completely different plane of existence. The chief offense The Expendables makes isn't that it's bad, it's that it's completely thoughtless, bland and boring. It's selling point, the gratuitous violence, is completely disregarded and it plays like an amateur YouTube video filmed with expensive cameras.

• Thumbs Up 1

This series is expendable.

Ain't got shit on Die Hard.

I heard Stallone recently debunked that rumor by saying it's an R-rated film.

Besides, just because it doesn't have language doesn't mean it won't be R-rated, there's probably going to be a lot of violence to ensure the R-rating.

Still I want my swearing, Chuck Norris sucks anyway I would rather have Steven Segal. Profanity and hardcore violence go hand in hand! Just watch Robocop! wink.png

• 3 months later...

Guys i watched it today...OMG i love this movie! I think people who didn't like the first movie should give this one a chance. Stallone gave a lot more care to the plot and characterization in this one. There's no out of place moments and the story does a good enough job at making us invested in rooting for the leads and hating the villain. The direction is also a huge improvement over the first one. Simon West does a very good job showing us the awesome action. The tone is also more tongue-in-cheek than the first, especially during the third act. The fanservice was also awesomelaugh.png

Overall it was an awesome popcorn action moviecool.png