Awoo.

A Sonic' 06 Remake {Project S06R}

Faseeh

This post will be updated then and now so do check it.

Now, you might have heard about this or seen this in the Gens mods thread or my status update. Yes, I am thinking of remaking Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) as a community. We will be using Generations as a base.

Let me start from the top, I got this idea from Melpronto's Wave Ocean video. Then, I thought "if SSMB, with all our talents, make our a 06' remake!? I mean it would be awesome... We can have storywriters (to change story wherever needed), scriptwriters (to make the new scenes), animators for CG (if not possible we will just use in-game thing, I guess), programmers like Dario and , voice actors, musicians (to remake sound effects and tracks)... I mean we got everything, let's do a community project! I can help out.. I can direct... It's easy to say but hard to put together...but with enough dedication, we can do it. " Those were my thoughts. I was then approached by A Diabetic in Sweet Mountain/Match that he thought it was a nice idea and there we started planning. We want to look for talents here in every aspect. We got everything. If we can't find everything, we bring in Retro and for cutscenes, 3DMD (Match thought of 3DMD)

So now for the main plan:

1. I think we must get some things like the story and team done first. Then we can get in the programmers after they are done with their individual projects. So at that time, we will have everyone needed.

2. On the topic of music, I think in the development stages, we'll do story, programming and yadayada first. We can get the musicians in SSMB to remix the songs (Faithful remixed are best for this I guess) and all. Vocal songs will be done too with singers and all. The music must be more to the faithful side. We can't use DoaA remix from TSSMA'11 for example. It's too different from the original.

3. We will try do all the levels and bosses and cutscenes.. I don't if we can create 3 story modes in Generations...so I guess we do 1 story as 1 game. Episodic, ya know?... Characters should be same as 06. The story...okay, so I want the storywriters here to come up with basic plots and post your ideas. Then the team will vote for the story they like the most and we shall develop that.

So now...

The Team of Project S06R:

Leader and Scriptwriter:

Faseehudeen

Assistant Leader and (?):

A Match in Oil Ocean Zone

Scriptwriters:

KatamariParadox

AndrewClocksin

Storywriters:

Wearied Flames

Diogenes

Enigmatus

Musicians:

Scott

VizardJeffhog

Wearied Flames (Aquatic Base)

AndrewClocksin

Programmers:

Animators:

Voice Talents and Singers:

Abominal Taz - Knuckles

Steve - Sonic

KatamariParadox - Silver

Concept Artists:

Fix-it Felix

Testers:

Cutscene Department:

Do sign up if show interest and say which part you want to help in.

Edited by Faseehudeen

So, will the team be making changes or removal of certain unsavory aspects of the game, like segments where you're forced to kill X amount of enemies, or mach speed sections?

• Thumbs Up 5

Good thing you're actually fixing the issues unlike the 2D remake trainwreck

I'd help with music if I had the software, sorry.

• Thumbs Up 4

There will be level designers too who will do the layout of the levels. Everything will be done from scratch like a new game and bad parts will be changed. The level designers will make good, unique and new missions or there won't missions.

Edited by Faseehudeen
  • Thumbs Up 4

So with this I can have a new version of White Acropolis and Aquatic Base? Yes please!

Hope you can get the support that you need and stick with it, a good team leader and motivator will be an absolute necessity.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we must get in contact with Melpronto first. I think he will be our lead programmer.

The only programming language I am fluent in is lolcode

• Thumbs Up 2

I like the concept. I'm a supporter, though I suggest getting rid of the boost and replacing it with Spindash.

I wouldn't mind helping in the music department, a couple of remixes could be nice, but don't hold me to it (so to speak)

Also if you can, I suggest switching to the Sonic 06 models.

Instead of just creating Sonic Generations with Sonic 06 levels, we could create a solid Sonic 06 remake with the Generations engine. If this project does take off and SEGA notices, maybe they'll see how many want a remake and may do it.

I'm dreaming... but, it's possible. Sonic 06 is certainly their biggest mistake (Massive potential thrown away.) and it'd be great if that could get put right.

Edited by -L-

Remaking 06 on Generations engine is like making girl to look like a guy.

And the crazy awesome thing is that it's been done pretty damn convincingly. So yeah, nothing's impossible lol

• Thumbs Up 3

Also if you can, I suggest switching to the Sonic 06 models. Instead of just creating Sonic Generations with Sonic 06 levels, we could create a solid Sonic 06 remake with the Generations engine. If this project does take off and SEGA notices, maybe they'll see how many want a remake and may do it. I'm dreaming... but, it's possible. Sonic 06 is certainly their biggest mistake (Massive potential thrown away.) and it'd be great if that could get put right.
I like the concept. I'm a supporter, though I suggest getting rid of the boost and replacing it with Spindash.

Okay, sorry and sorry. Really sorry. We are sticking to the Gens models and we are using the boost. We are not just remaking levels, we are remaking the story, music and everything else.

I'd be glad to lend my Sonic voice if I see some progress =)

Once the script is in it's first draft, I will give you some lines. Record you saying it as Sonic and let's see if Match and I like it. If we do, you are our Sonic!

I wouldn't mind helping in the music department, a couple of remixes could be nice, but don't hold me to it (so to speak)

Okay, another person into the music department.

The only programming language I am fluent in is lolcode

I didn't expect you here. I am unprepared bro. I am unprepared. I/Match will approach you, Dario and Twilight officially soon.

And about 11 May, I will give the first ever instructions...like guidelines.

I'd also like to know what problems do you think there was in the story and script (other than the obvious Blue Emerald loophole and Elise x Sonic)

Edited by Faseehudeen
  • Thumbs Up 1

You're planning to make hub worlds as well?

Okay, this was something, I wanted to talk about. I am planning to do hub worlds too. But it will be Sonic Gens type hub-world. Or hub worlds are gone. The story progresses but no hub worlds like SA2/Heroes/Colors (I don't count Colors' Map)

Edited by Faseehudeen

I'm interested a little here. i can do a solid-ish Dan Green voice. I'll be your Knuckles if possible.

P.S. If you will abolish those speed sections, I'm way in.

Edited by Abominal Taz

Okay, I'll send you a few lines when I can. Practice and record them. Send them to me amd Match and we'll see how.

Okay, I'll send you a few lines when I can. Practice and record them. Send them to me amd Match and we'll see how.

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. I think I miscounted so Awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

My main problems with this: The lead people are doing what? Just leading the team? No, as projects go, even the leader has to contribute work to their own project, or else it just seems like you're getting other people to do all of your work for you. This is a rule I've seen in many places with many projects: Want to make something? You better be contributing something to it.

The (insufficient) amount of preparation. "We need everything, we barely have anything!" You're not even that knowledgeable about the people you're trying to get into the project. Are they actually programmers (I think what Melpontro was trying to say, was that they do NOT know programming. Not sure if lolcode would actually be good enough to program a game with (sounds like a joke programming language)- and I know Dario knows how to reverse-engineer formats, but I'd think game programming is another matter altogether)? Would they have any interest in this project? Would they have free time? It's better to find out these things in advance before making public such a large-scale project, one that will take a lot of time and effort. All you have right now seems to be musicians and people wanting to voice act. That does not a game make.

How is this even Sonic 06 if you're basically saying LET'S REDO EVERYTHING? Just using the level themes and characters? Why not just make new stages with new music and new names in the same tropes and make a new game with a new story, that just happens to use the same characters?

And for making a game, it makes sense to already have a programmer on your team. Best if one of the leaders of the project were a programmer, because outsourcing to find a programmer who has the desire to work for long periods of time and do a lot of programming for free, is going to be very hard to do. I mean it's good that you want to do a large scale project, but without dedication and talent it's going to fall flat on its face and go basically nowhere faster than Sonic does in the mach speed sections.

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 4

And the crazy awesome thing is that it's been done pretty damn convincingly. So yeah, nothing's impossible lol

I mean it shouldn't be done.

But whatever...

(sounds like a joke programming language)

It isn't.

Either way, Shade brings up some pretty good points.

I'm joining this project because I see it as a learning experience, just like my involvement on the Sonic Worldrunner team and my very own Dreadlocked project. Of course I want the final product to turn out great, but the journey to that point is just as important.

Edited by Shia LaBeouf
  • Thumbs Up 2

The (insufficient) amount of preparation. "We need everything, we barely have anything!" You're not even that knowledgeable about the people you're trying to get into the project. Are they actually programmers (I think what Melpontro was trying to say, was that they do NOT know programming. Not sure if lolcode would actually be good enough to program a game with (sounds like a joke programming language)- and I know Dario knows how to reverse-engineer formats, but I'd think game programming is another matter altogether)? Would they have any interest in this project? Would they have free time? It's better to find out these things in advance before making public such a large-scale project, one that will take a lot of time and effort. All you have right now seems to be musicians and people wanting to voice act. That does not a game make.

Shade, you have a strong point here, so let me re phrase my proposal. Get confirmations, contacts, and pretty much everything together, then we'll talk about me talking. Not saying i'm out of this idea, but Shade did point out things you need to address first brochacho.

Build this up before you announce what's going to happen, not what should be happening. I've seen people do that so much, they build up hype, people get ready to get involved or are in involved and then they shut it down because they weren't prepared at all.

Now as I said, i'm in but you need to prep up before anything goes here.

Last edit: I can also probably do Shadow. Depends.

Edited by Abominal Taz

My main problems with this: The lead people are doing what? Just leading the team? No, as projects go, even the leader has to contribute work to their own project, or else it just seems like you're getting other people to do all of your work for you. This is a rule I've seen in many places with many projects: Want to make something? You better be contributing something to it.

The (insufficient) amount of preparation. "We need everything, we barely have anything!" You're not even that knowledgeable about the people you're trying to get into the project. Are they actually programmers (I think what Melpontro was trying to say, was that they do NOT know programming. Not sure if lolcode would actually be good enough to program a game with (sounds like a joke programming language)- and I know Dario knows how to reverse-engineer formats, but I'd think game programming is another matter altogether)? Would they have any interest in this project? Would they have free time? It's better to find out these things in advance before making public such a large-scale project, one that will take a lot of time and effort. All you have right now seems to be musicians and people wanting to voice act. That does not make a game .

How is this even Sonic 06 if you're basically saying LET'S REDO EVERYTHING? Just using the level themes and characters? Why not just make new stages with new music and new names in the same tropes and make a new game with a new story, that just happens to use the same characters?

And for making a game, it makes sense to already have a programmer on your team. Best if one of the leaders of the project were a programmer, because outsourcing to find a programmer who has the desire to work for long periods of time and do a lot of programming for free, is going to be very hard to do. I mean it's good that you want to do a large scale project, but without dedication and talent it's going to fall flat on its face and go basically nowhere faster than Sonic does in the mach speed sections.

I am doing the main storywriter and scriptwriter. Match, well, I don't think he has decided. He will be taking his role soon.

As for the programming part, it isn't the big programming type thing. It's similar to what they are doing for SG Unleashed.

The gist/idea is from Sonic '06. The story is kinda similar in the starting. The levels are gonna be similar (As in looks and etc). It's not new music and so on. Not everything is gonna be completely new.

Yeah, I thought reaching the programmers later is good as we would have a team and they would see a solid material. I want to ask them officially soon. so yeah.

Thanks for your feedback dude. Appreciated.

so you guys want me to approach Dario, TwilightZoney and Melpronto ASAP? I just went into Retro and found more people like Dude but many of them are pre-occupied... well, I still could ask, right?

Edited by Faseehudeen

Very well then, he gave us a reply before we even asked him. So I guess we gotta ask the others.