Awoo.

A Sonic' 06 Remake {Project S06R}

Faseeh

I just realised the story is totally screwed up, every part of it, from the start to the end. Thank you to this video for helping me realise that:

http://youtu.be/6X4k4h0Hbns

And I shall start work on the story from May 24.

Well, I could provide voice clips from the actual game. I found an unused clip in which Sonic says "Shadow's been sucked into the tornado, I've gotta help him!"

All the voice clips or what?

Is anyone close to Dario/TwilightZoney and other Sonic Retro people who could do the job? I never even talked to them on a forum and I am not allowed on Retro... so can anyone help me out here?

Also, has any found any story problems other than the ones addressed in the video in the post above by me?

So there's going to be full fledged cutscenes?

Well, I could provide voice clips from the actual game. I found an unused clip in which Sonic says "Shadow's been sucked into the tornado, I've gotta help him!"

Very interesting. Could you send me the voice clip please? Also are there any others? :)

So there's going to be full fledged cutscenes?

Well, we are trying our best to put them in the game by replacing the normal cutscenes. But if we face too many problems with that, we will make it separate products... the game and the cutscenes. What could be worse than that is we not doing it at all.. But that's not what we are aiming for.

By the way...

ANNOUNCEMENT: Planning

The story will be the first thing to worked over. After the majority of us are satisfied with it, the script will be worked on as the level designers work too. When the first draft of the script is given, the first draft of the level design should be given. Then, when the script and level design is done, the storyboards for the cutscenes and the 'programming' will start. Once the programming has a good base (we will have testers testing it), the storyboards should be finalized. At this time, official work on music and voice acting will start while programming continues. As soon as the voice acting is over, the cutscene animating will commence. Then, the whole thing will be put together and we have our big Prototype. Once we do full test through, I guess we are done.

This will be the process for our first story, Sonic's Story.

Then, for Shadow, we have the story, base, script, music, cutscenes, sounds, voices and etc. all made when stuff for done for Sonic's story. So we just have work on the programming side...they do the necessary changes to Sonic's gameplay and so on. Then we got Shadow's Story, which will also have a full test through.

Then, for Silver, again, everything but the programming will be done and since Silver is different from Shadow and Sonic, the 'programmers' have more work and then yeah...

Do you guys want to do it this way or do it as the time comes? (For example, all the cutscenes aren't done at one go but are instead done when the particular story is done... I don't know how to explain this... If you want me to though, I will try). So this sounds like a plan? Give all the necessary feedback...nicely. ;D

EDIT: and yeah... the pattern goes on for Final Story

EDIT 2: You know what? I just realised (Again) that Sonic 06's story can not be solved. It is totally screwed up. Thus, I am just gonna take the main idea and create a totally new story.

Edited by Faseehudeen
  • Thumbs Up 1

... Can this post be deleted as in this one... I accidentally posted it.

Edited by Faseehudeen

Maybe you could get Exo_Chaoslava to help, hes been making 3d versions of classic sonic levels and badniks, and they look amazing. Check out his Sonic 3DS Max Work in the sonic showcase forum here.

Maybe you could get Exo_Chaoslava to help, hes been making 3d versions of classic sonic levels and badniks, and they look amazing. Check out his Sonic 3DS Max Work in the sonic showcase forum here.

To help in 'programming' or animating you mean? I'll check it out and ask him.

This seems like an interesting project. I was planning to make a 'Sonic 06 Abridged' in the future, and I already wrote up some of the script for it. It's played more jokingly though, and if you're rewriting the story, it may not be useful to you. I'm a very good writer though, so I'd love to help with the script.

As for other things, I'm a good singer. I'm not sure how my voice acting is, but I'm definitely about the right age to do Sonic or some other character.

I seriously need to redirect your mentality here though. If this is a project involving collaboration with other people, then you might want to be less controlling. You keep talking about exactly what you want to happen and how you want it to happen. If you plan to do something as big as to remake Sonic '06, you can't have this kind of mentality. This needs to be a collaboration in the sense that everyone is contributing to this growing idea, not that they're just helping you bring your own idea to life. If you're gonna go asking people to help you with this, the way you're approaching it right now is likely to get it rejected or ignored by a lot of people.

I'd say that probably partially explains Melpontro's rejection.

Remaking 06 on Generations engine is like making girl to look like a guy.

Actually, I'd say you've got that reversed.

Edited by KatamariParadox
  • Thumbs Up 4

This seems like an interesting project. I was planning to make a 'Sonic 06 Abridged' in the future, and I already wrote up some of the script for it. It's played more jokingly though, and if you're rewriting the story, it may not be useful to you. I'm a very good writer though, so I'd love to help with the script.

As for other things, I'm a good singer. I'm not sure how my voice acting is, but I'm definitely about the right age to do Sonic or some other character.

I seriously need to redirect your mentality here though. If this is a project involving collaboration with other people, then you might want to be less controlling. You keep talking about exactly what you want to happen and how you want it to happen. If you plan to do something as big as to remake Sonic '06, you can't have this kind of mentality. This needs to be a collaboration in the sense that everyone is contributing to this growing idea, not that they're just helping you bring your own idea to life. If you're gonna go asking people to help you with this, the way you're approaching it right now is likely to get it rejected or ignored by a lot of people.

I'd say that probably partially explains Melpontro's rejection.

Actually, I'd say you've got that reversed.

Hi Katamari, nice to have you on board! I actually thought you would be asking to do music when I saw your name. Yeah, I thought of doing the first story draft and first script draft, and then I am handing over to other people. So I'll hand it over to the actual scriptwriters after that and then they do the edits and all (same for the story).

Okay, you can sing. That's good. You want to take on DoaA? His World? I think we could consider using All Hail Shadow/Throw It All Away/ Never Turn Back/ I Am.. but I think All Hail Shadow is becoming too repetitive. For Sonic, I think we will vote to find out if he will be having Sweet Dreams/It Doesn't Matter/Another Remix of His World/something else. This voting will be done when we have one complete team. For the voice acting part, for all voice actors, they would be given a few lines from the script and they say and record it and post it here and we vote who does what character. What characters do you wanna try out?

About the last part, thanks. I tend to phrase my words wrongly or end up saying the wrong stuff and thus, show a different and wrong mentality. It's probably due to my young age. I didn't mean to be controlling or bossy. I wanted to do this as a community project. Sorry to anyone who has been offended/annoyed by my acts. I apologize, truly didn't mean it. From now on, Katamari, can you please redirect me or rephrase my words whenever they sound bossy and all this? Sorry and let's all do this.

Sorry and thanks again. Special thanks to Katamari. ;D

Well, I haven't whole lot of practical experience with making music yet, but I could still try and tackle it if you want. As for singing, I think I could do Dreams of an Absolution the best. My voice would probably fit better than with any of the other songs. Still, you never know.

Voice acting wise, the character I want to tackle for now is Sonic. If I can't do a good Sonic or someone else does better, I'll try Silver instead. I can't think of any other voices I could do well off the top of my head. Maybe Shadow...? I dunno.

I appreciate you attempting to follow my advice. A bit of a problem that ties into the one I mentioned last time is that you have too exact a plan for everything. Let people contribute ideas for structure and just what we're doing with this whole thing. Someone else brought up the idea of removing the boost in favor of a spindash, but you shot that down. If you think about it, the boost would blast through the small levels of 06 way too quickly. I would also suggest lowering Sonic's top speed. Not as slow as in '06 originally, but slow enough that the levels take a reasonable amount of time.

Like I mentioned before, I'm very good at writing. I'd like to highly recommend I help you write those request letters to the programmers when you get the chance.

To be perfectly honest, I have a bad feeling this project is going to crash and burn before it gets off the ground. I hope it doesn't, but you didn't exactly present it the best, keep in mind. That's just my two cents anyway. I hope this goes somewhere, I really do.

Edited by KatamariParadox

Well, I haven't whole lot of practical experience with making music yet, but I could still try and tackle it if you want. As for singing, I think I could do Dreams of an Absolution the best. My voice would probably fit better than with any of the other songs. Still, you never know.

Voice acting wise, the character I want to tackle for now is Sonic. If I can't do a good Sonic or someone else does better, I'll try Silver instead. I can't think of any other voices I could do well off the top of my head. Maybe Shadow...? I dunno.

I appreciate you attempting to follow my advice. A bit of a problem that ties into the one I mentioned last time is that you have too exact a plan for everything. Let people contribute ideas for structure and just what we're doing with this whole thing. Someone else brought up the idea of removing the boost in favor of a spindash, but you shot that down. If you think about it, the boost would blast through the small levels of 06 way too quickly. I would also suggest lowering Sonic's top speed. Not as slow as in '06 originally, but slow enough that the levels take a reasonable amount of time.

Like I mentioned before, I'm very good at writing. I'd like to highly recommend I help you write those request letters to the programmers when you get the chance.

To be perfectly honest, I have a bad feeling this project is going to crash and burn before it gets off the ground. I hope it doesn't, but you didn't exactly present it the best, keep in mind. That's just my two cents anyway. I hope this goes somewhere, I really do.

Let's go in order, k?

1. You can do music if you want. I suggest you think about it. Singing, I think, 1 singer for 1 theme so others get a chance too? If you are okay with it, I'll sign you up for this.

2. You have time to think about the voice acting. Even the first script draft is not even one-tenth done. I'll send you lines for Sonic & Shadow, I guess.

3. Ok, the exact plan, I thought wasn't exact. I didn't have a exact plan and after Shade's feedback, I made that plan and yeah. Yeah, we would nerf the boost, but I think the spindash deviates too much from the Modern formula. This I think should be done like how it would be done if it was allowed to be done like Unleashed, ya know? His non-boosting speed might be slightly lowered down. We will vote on that. Sorry for shooting down that too early I guess?

Yeah sure, help me write the request letters, let's work on that some time soon, k? I think we should delete this thread, make one some time soon, move most stuff there and all, and we will start everything from scratch as you do the edits to my mentality and words?I u

Thank you.

Edited by Faseehudeen

About the last part, thanks. I tend to phrase my words wrongly or end up saying the wrong stuff and thus, show a different and wrong mentality. It's probably due to my young age. I didn't mean to be controlling or bossy. I wanted to do this as a community project. Sorry to anyone who has been offended/annoyed by my acts. I apologize, truly didn't mean it. From now on, Katamari, can you please redirect me or rephrase my words whenever they sound bossy and all this? Sorry and let's all do this.

Sorry and thanks again. Special thanks to Katamari. ;D

No Prob broham. I'm still in for Knux so I hope this project goes somewhere at least.

This sounds interesting. I'll keep an eye on this project

Also, off topic

Interesting...I'd like to hear it and if there's more

Yes. I have an ISO of the game so I can provide pretty much anything you need. Such as menu music, voice clips, level maps, ect. Hell, I even got Mephiles' evil laugh from after he kills Sonic.

That will be of a lot of help.

Okay, I am starting work on the story and script. Once that's done, I will update you guys and we can kinda start work on the first phase. I've learnt that the hub worlds in Gens are modifiable from Retro so yeah.

@Katamari: You wanna start helping me with the requests to the programmmers?

@BandicootG: Oh ok.

Okay, I am starting work on the story and script. Once that's done, I will update you guys and we can kinda start work on the first phase. I've learnt that the hub worlds in Gens are modifiable from Retro so yeah.

@Katamari: You wanna start helping me with the requests to the programmmers?

@BandicootG: Oh ok.

I really like where this is going. Will it have all or most of the features that '06 was originally going to have?

Sounds like an interesting project, it's good your adding more original stuff to this, I wish you the best of luck, hopefully it'll go well :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah sure, just tell me who I need to send them to, and I'll send you a draft of the letter. Also, I'm sending you a VA Demo I made, hope it sounds good. I haven't really voice acted before, so I could use improving. dry.png

TwilightZoney, Melpronto, CorvidDude, Dario and my friend, Ryan.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm officially up for doing the voice of Silver. I was told my Silver was really good, and I'll probably do a demo soon if you want. I kind wanted to do Sonic, and I may still try, but my Silver is better.

TwilightZoney, Melpronto, CorvidDude, Dario and my friend, Ryan.

As for that, I think it may be smarter to wait until the people involved with the Sonic Unleashed porting project are finished. Melpontro already expressed disinterest in this project, so I think it's more likely that they would be willing if they aren't on a project already.

So, I'm officially up for doing the voice of Silver. I was told my Silver was really good, and I'll probably do a demo soon if you want. I kind wanted to do Sonic, and I may still try, but my Silver is better.

As for that, I think it may be smarter to wait until the people involved with the Sonic Unleashed porting project are finished. Melpontro already expressed disinterest in this project, so I think it's more likely that they would be willing if they aren't on a project already.

Edited by Faseehudeen

So you're using a different engine, different music, different level design, different missions, and a different storyline? It sounds more like an entirely different game which just so happens to be based off of Sonic 06. But by all means, go for it!

I've been waiting for years for a "fixed" version of the original game, with repaired physics, a better loading system, and some of the unimplemented features restored (like Super Sonic and a few of the animations which were present in the E3 build). Supposedly Sonic 06 is one of the most easily modded 360 games out there, so it's definitely doable. It's just a project nobody wants to take on because Sonic 06 is treated like radioactive waste.

BTW, I never saw a mutual romance between Sonic and Elise. Sonic was just being caring to his new friend, like he usually is (although his "your smile is the only thing I need" comments were borderline). It was ELISE who was responsible for the infamous kiss. Sonic was unconscious, so it wasn't his fault.

So you're using a different engine, different music, different level design, different missions, and a different storyline? It sounds more like an entirely different game which just so happens to be based off of Sonic 06. But by all means, go for it!

I've been waiting for years for a "fixed" version of the original game, with repaired physics, a better loading system, and some of the unimplemented features restored (like Super Sonic and a few of the animations which were present in the E3 build). Supposedly Sonic 06 is one of the most easily modded 360 games out there, so it's definitely doable. It's just a project nobody wants to take on because Sonic 06 is treated like radioactive waste.

BTW, I never saw a mutual romance between Sonic and Elise. Sonic was just being caring to his new friend, like he usually is (although his "your smile is the only thing I need" comments were borderline). It was ELISE who was responsible for the infamous kiss. Sonic was unconscious, so it wasn't his fault.

It's best to avoid all the romance or anything like that. You want to help with this project?