Awoo.

A Sonic' 06 Remake {Project S06R}

Faseeh

Guys, I think that first of all, we need to get that custom engines working right.

none of them do work the way it should, the movements are broken, physics are broken, moveset does not work, camera is a dream, animation is wrong, and etc...

we should be able to at least remake Sonic Adventure 1 gameplay properly with a custom engine, then we should move to thinking about Sonic '06, something as basic as this:

People have built lots of engines with Sonic in it, but none of them were able to successfully recreate the movement and the dynamics needed to be used with the adventure/06 style level design.

the speed of movement, turning, stability, homming attack, momentum, and specially the camera should be the first things to be worked with.

I would love to help you guys, but really, I think you guys are being a little bit precipitated, there has been little to no proper planning there.

IF you guys are Ok, I would like to be the gameplay and art director, there are loads of things I would like to show you before I could get started.

Edited by Anti Alias
  • Thumbs Up 4

I would love to help with this project. Not sure if Generations is the right way to go, as Anti Alias said, we might want to focus on getting a good engine working like the previous 3D games first, because, to be honest, I would love a "good" Sonic 06, but a Sonic 06 themed Generations would be so different gameplay wise that it almost seems pointless, we might as well just make a new game all together in that case.

With that said, when the direction has been chosen, I'd love to help, like I said. I have some texture-talent and I've worked some with 3D Environments, so level-designing is something I could at least help with. If we're not too many, I'd love to help clean up the 06 story as well, as I feel there's a damn good time-travel story in there somewhere, just begging to be unearthed.

But like I said, Anti Alias has a good point.

Edited by Tobbii

I would love to help you guys, but really, I think you guys are being a little bit precipitated, there has been little to no proper planning there.

I believe that this project could go somewhere, but right now, the only place it's in is in words. I've agreed to be talent but you are right AA. I might just opt out if I see little to no progress over the days.

In fact, no offense at all to those into remaking/re-writing 06, but I suggest this whole project be put on hold. It's a little too ambitious and most members posting here are making a point of how this was not well planned and, just a very important warning here, fans of SEGA who remake games products by SEGA, (examples. Sonic Fan Remix, Streets Of Rage Remake, and the infamous SaTaM fan movie Fiasco...), get SHUT DOWN BY SEGA. If this project is a success, there's a high chance few people will be able to play it because SEGA will eventually step in.

Don't get me wrong, i'm still in. I'm not saying Fuck this Project.

Edited by Abominal Taz
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think that before we start thinking about the script, we should think about the tech that the game will run on.

STEP 1 - Get an engine

From all the custom source codes I seen, the most appropriate seems to be the Sonic GDK from Sonic Retro: http://forums.sonicr...showtopic=19492

First, we need a lead programmer with some experience with the Unreal Development Kit, why???

well, this seems very decent:

There is an extensive ammount of material about the Unreal Development Kit around the web, and the UDK seem to have a very good support from the community, just check all those videos of Sonic fangames on YouTube! people sure can code, the problem is that they lack direction, they know how to make some things work, but they don't know how to polish their work, this is the part I (hopefully) can help with.

After we got our first lead programmer (what about the guy from the video?) we need to get Sonic's movements right, the walking and the running at least, we work on the camera and then we start to improve on the move set we must plan later WITH the level design team.

these would be the first steps I would take.

• Get an working engine (Sonic GDK Sounds good enought)
  • Get a programmer that knows how to work with the UDK, get the contact of the guy, see if he wants to help.
  • Tweak the engine to mimic the Sonic Adventure style gameplay, the development and the level design team should work together on this one (Damizean from the blitz Sonic could help with this).

Edited by Anti Alias
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let's just leave this for a while. I myself don't feel dedicated, ready and enthusiastic... I really don't think it could continue like this so let's wait and see.

Let's just leave this for a while. I myself don't feel dedicated, ready and enthusiastic... I really don't think it could continue like this so let's wait and see.

inb4neverbroughtupagain

• Thumbs Up 1

If Solaris becomes an intense final boss (I mostly figured him out in the real game's 2nd form), I'm all in!

Wel if Faseeh feels like it's too much right now, I respect that. But it's not like us who DO want to try and do this now can't get together and plan it, it's true that we need a engine though. I don't have any experience with Sonic GDK unfortunatly.

• Thumbs Up 1

fans of SEGA who remake games products by SEGA, (examples. Sonic Fan Remix, Streets Of Rage Remake, and the infamous SaTaM fan movie Fiasco...), get SHUT DOWN BY SEGA. If this project is a success, there's a high chance few people will be able to play it because SEGA will eventually step in.

</em>.

This is not a problem with Sonic fangames. I've actually emailed Sega about this (specifically about Sonic fangames), to which they responded:'We never explicitly give permission to use our intellectual property. However in cases like this [Referring to Sonic] we tend to not take action unless the project is slandering our products'So basically, if we don't go 'This is better than the crap Sega gave us in 2006' a 'cease and desist' will NOT occur.Sonic Fan Remix was a rare exception because it would lower the value of the Classics, which Sega gets loads of money from. And it doesn't look like Sega intends to port '06 for money...Anyway, I doubt this project will go anywhere, but I'd like to be a scriptwriter, if that's alright.

I do feel it's too much for me for now... Now that Sega might have issues with this, I don't think it's good to do this. But that's an opinion... Some of you guys might wanna start on your own project. Anyway, sorry to everyone and yeah, I'll ask a md to lock this thread soon. This thing never had a good start and yeah, kinda over-ambitious? Kinda feel bad now... I need to renew self... D:

Bye for now.

• 3 months later...

I think that an open world should be considered. Nothing like 06 or adventure. Something bigger, faster, and less 2D.

I might also add that alternate cutscenes can be made for the game at certain parts of the story. There may need to be an explanation towards GUN's presence is within Soleanna, and how Elise got the Chaos Emerald (possibly as a gift from GUN).

Yes, I enjoy writing stories.