Awoo.

A Sonic' 06 Remake {Project S06R}

Faseeh

Is there anything I could possibly help with?

Of course. What do you want to help out with? We will need everything a normal game would need.

Actually, I am stuck. I can't think of a story.

*snip*

So yeah, can any one help me out with at least, a basic idea.

I'll give it a shot for laughs.

Set the game after Rush, or ideally after Rush Adventure (to establish intentional interdimensional travel). Have Soleanna be part of Blaze's world. Open with the festival, as in the original, with Blaze inviting Sonic and his friends (Tails, Knuckles, and Amy) (question: Why not Cream, given she was Blaze's closest friend in Rush? Answer: No one likes Cream). Rouge can go on behalf of GUN, either in a diplomatic capacity or as a spy (or both, GUN's shady enough to do that). Something happens and GUN loses contact with her, so Shadow and Omega get sent after her (either they're both part of GUN, or just Shadow is and he calls in Omega as outside help). Eggman heads over because he's Eggman. Blaze is already there, Silver is either from Blaze's world and time (if you want to stick with them being friends), or from her world in the future and he travels back (if you want to keep him as a time traveler). So that's all your characters in the right place at the right time for plausible reasons (question: If it takes place in Blaze's world, where's Nega? Answer: No one likes Nega).

Eggman's plans have typically revolved around him acquiring some magical such-and-such, so keep Solaris/the flames of disaster in some form. Blaze can take on a role similar but not identical to Elise; she's responsible for protecting Solaris/whatever, and Eggman needs her for that reason. That said, she does not 1) Get captured repeatedly like a helpless damsel, 2) Have to cry for the whatsit to appear, and 3) Have awkward romantic scenes with Sonic. If she gets captured she shouldn't go down easy, her control over fire could be what releases/reveals/whatevers Solaris, and yeah let's just not shove awkward romance into things.

If Silver's meant to be from the future his overall story can be largely the same. He doesn't have an established friendship with Blaze (for all the, what? 3 or 4 scenes where it matters?) and there's no Mephiles to kick things off and do the time travel thing, but that can be written around. He still travels back in time to change the past to change the future (Eggman gets the Solwhatsit and maybe it goes rogue and destroys everything and kills everyone, leading to post-apocalyptia) and he's working on bad/incomplete information so he butts heads with the heroes for a while. Eventually he realizes he's wrong, but he's thrown history off track enough that Eggman's controlling Solwhatsit and they all have to band together for final boss time. Maybe have him stay in Blaze's time at the end of the game, something like the future isn't his anymore so he's going to carve out a life with his new friends.

If Silver's from Blaze's time...I dunno, you have to rewrite serious chunks of the character. And I'm lacking the energy/motivation to basically rewrite him from scratch.

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles (and maybe Amy, if she doesn't wander off with Silver somehow) do the basic hero thing. Trash robots, protect the Soleannans, maybe rescue Blaze (or meet her halfway). Shadow and Omega meet up with (or possibly rescue, from Eggman) Rouge, they do the investigation thing, and start dragging out the details of whatever Sololololaris is. So Eggman gets control of Solaris to do Something Evil, cue typical Last Story with everyone teaming up to stop him. They win, everyone is happy but Eggman, roll credits.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'll give it a shot for laughs.

Set the game after Rush, or ideally after Rush Adventure (to establish intentional interdimensional travel). Have Soleanna be part of Blaze's world. Open with the festival, as in the original, with Blaze inviting Sonic and his friends (Tails, Knuckles, and Amy) (question: Why not Cream, given she was Blaze's closest friend in Rush? Answer: No one likes Cream). Rouge can go on behalf of GUN, either in a diplomatic capacity or as a spy (or both, GUN's shady enough to do that). Something happens and GUN loses contact with her, so Shadow and Omega get sent after her (either they're both part of GUN, or just Shadow is and he calls in Omega as outside help). Eggman heads over because he's Eggman. Blaze is already there, Silver is either from Blaze's world and time (if you want to stick with them being friends), or from her world in the future and he travels back (if you want to keep him as a time traveler). So that's all your characters in the right place at the right time for plausible reasons (question: If it takes place in Blaze's world, where's Nega? Answer: No one likes Nega).

Eggman's plans have typically revolved around him acquiring some magical such-and-such, so keep Solaris/the flames of disaster in some form. Blaze can take on a role similar but not identical to Elise; she's responsible for protecting Solaris/whatever, and Eggman needs her for that reason. That said, she does not 1) Get captured repeatedly like a helpless damsel, 2) Have to cry for the whatsit to appear, and 3) Have awkward romantic scenes with Sonic. If she gets captured she shouldn't go down easy, her control over fire could be what releases/reveals/whatevers Solaris, and yeah let's just not shove awkward romance into things.

If Silver's meant to be from the future his overall story can be largely the same. He doesn't have an established friendship with Blaze (for all the, what? 3 or 4 scenes where it matters?) and there's no Mephiles to kick things off and do the time travel thing, but that can be written around. He still travels back in time to change the past to change the future (Eggman gets the Solwhatsit and maybe it goes rogue and destroys everything and kills everyone, leading to post-apocalyptia) and he's working on bad/incomplete information so he butts heads with the heroes for a while. Eventually he realizes he's wrong, but he's thrown history off track enough that Eggman's controlling Solwhatsit and they all have to band together for final boss time. Maybe have him stay in Blaze's time at the end of the game, something like the future isn't his anymore so he's going to carve out a life with his new friends.

If Silver's from Blaze's time...I dunno, you have to rewrite serious chunks of the character. And I'm lacking the energy/motivation to basically rewrite him from scratch.

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles (and maybe Amy, if she doesn't wander off with Silver somehow) do the basic hero thing. Trash robots, protect the Soleannans, maybe rescue Blaze (or meet her halfway). Shadow and Omega meet up with (or possibly rescue, from Eggman) Rouge, they do the investigation thing, and start dragging out the details of whatever Sololololaris is. So Eggman gets control of Solaris to do Something Evil, cue typical Last Story with everyone teaming up to stop him. They win, everyone is happy but Eggman, roll credits.

We could bring in Eggman Nega like Classic Eggman in Generations. In the end, it seems they are teaming up. I think it would be best to not to have another MOTW. Bring in Cream too. I forgot her. I think we should just collide the dimensions instead of travelling to one another. Eggman doing this with Nega for whatever reason. But I think Blaze shouldn't be captured. In fact, we should get rid of the whole kidnapping thing. But we could keep the Eggmans needing Blaze for something. For LOLs, we could add some comedy by Eggman capturing Rogue accidentally but Nega capturing Blaze. Then, yeah have a small little comedy scene. Instead of a MOTW, we could have some Eggman robot like the Colors final Boss or Time Eater. It should be fire-based and to give it that source of power, they need an unlimited supply of fire, which is Blaze. But we should make it so that Blaze gets her own levels and awesome stuff and she doesn't get kidnapped randomly. If not, Blaze just becomes a cat Elise.

We could bring in Eggman Nega like Classic Eggman in Generations.
We could...but why should we?

I think it would be best to not to have another MOTW.
Personally I think giant monsters are still a perfectly viable macguffin, so long as Eggman has a proper role in the story. But I'm just throwing out ideas so w/e

I think we should just collide the dimensions instead of travelling to one another.
How do we go about colliding them? That is, how does this affect the characters/worlds, and how does it drive the story?

For LOLs, we could add some comedy by Eggman capturing Rogue accidentally but Nega capturing Blaze.
I don't see how this is comedy.

...and to give it that source of power, they need an unlimited supply of fire, which is Blaze.
I don't find Blaze herself to be a viable power source for something on the level of a final boss.

But we should make it so that Blaze gets her own levels and awesome stuff and she doesn't get kidnapped randomly. If not, Blaze just becomes a cat Elise.
For the record I wasn't suggesting she be continually captured. I specifically would not want her to be helpless in the way Elise was. But being captured once or twice doesn't mean she must be helpless, nor does it prevent her from having levels. And if she's going to be targeted, it makes sense to explore the situation wherein she is captured, rather than avoiding it completely.

We could...but why should we?

Personally I think giant monsters are still a perfectly viable macguffin, so long as Eggman has a proper role in the story. But I'm just throwing out ideas so w/e

How do we go about colliding them? That is, how does this affect the characters/worlds, and how does it drive the story?

I don't see how this is comedy.

I don't find Blaze herself to be a viable power source for something on the level of a final boss.

For the record I wasn't suggesting she be continually captured. I specifically would not want her to be helpless in the way Elise was. But being captured once or twice doesn't mean she must be helpless, nor does it prevent her from having levels. And if she's going to be targeted, it makes sense to explore the situation wherein she is captured, rather than avoiding it completely.

I think it would be nice to bring in Nega as a homage to Rush and since we are colliding the dimensions/travelling to Blaze's dimension, it would be nice to let Eggman have a partner.

It could be comedy by Eggman Nega teasing Eggman... ugh, or maybe not. But Rogue could be brought in later with Shadow (as GUN agent, (we could have it such that GUN has a counterpart GUN in the Sol Dimension), to help save Blaze, just to find out Blaze never needed it.

When the dimensions are colliding, there is a threat to 2 dimensions so maybe more impact? This is something to think about.

Oh ok.

I think it would be nice to bring in Nega as a homage to Rush and since we are colliding the dimensions/travelling to Blaze's dimension, it would be nice to let Eggman have a partner.

I completely forgot about this. I'm still interested in doing a VA for Knuckles so just tell me what to record and I'll send it.

But Nega sucks. And I don't see him contributing much more than clutter and distracting from Eggman.

But what effect would this have on the story? How would the characters get involved? What actual relevance would it have to the plot? Because smashing dimensions together just to raise the stakes is not really a good idea.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just found this topic, I'd be more than willing to help out!

I can assist with music, vocals and voice acting. I'm open to voicing any character, I'd say my typical voice would be pretty fitting for the likes of Shadow or Knuckles (though I think someone already said they could do that) but I could probably pull off a bunch of other characters pretty well.

Also, I love to write, so if you need any help with the script or general plot, let me know.

Just found this topic, I'd be more than willing to help out!

I can assist with music, vocals and voice acting. I'm open to voicing any character, I'd say my typical voice would be pretty fitting for the likes of Shadow or Knuckles (though I think someone already said they could do that) but I could probably pull off a bunch of other characters pretty well.

Also, I love to write, so if you need any help with the script or general plot, let me know.

I think all that would be appreciated. Welcome on board, Andrew!

I had an idea for a story (well, okay, it was actually for a fanfiction that I never got started on due to procrastinating), but it might not fit with your remake idea because:

1) Focuses on Shadow, Silver, Blaze and Mephiles.

2) It has bits and pieces of the original story, though changed to fit the context.

3) I still need to think up parts for the middle and I need to figure out how it should end.

Do you want me to post up a rough draft here, or does this deviate too much from your intentions?

This is just an idea, that's all.

Edited by Enigmatus

I had an idea for a story (well, okay, it was actually for a fanfiction that I never got started on due to procrastinating), but it might not fit with your remake idea because:

1) Focuses on Shadow, Silver, Blaze and Mephiles.

2) It has bits and pieces of the original story, though changed to fit the context.

3) I still need to think up parts for the middle and I need to figure out how it should end.

Do you want me to post up a rough draft here, or does this deviate too much from your intentions?

This is just an idea, that's all.

Edited by Faseehudeen

I want to help write a script for this, and I may do my own draft as a proof-of-concept, but I wanted a different approach; Keep the story the same. Well, mostly the same. I highly recommend we take out the stupid romantic sub-plot, but keep everything else mostly intact. Aside from the romance, I think '06 had a good story for what it was.

I want to help write a script for this, and I may do my own draft as a proof-of-concept, but I wanted a different approach; Keep the story the same. Well, mostly the same. I highly recommend we take out the stupid romantic sub-plot, but keep everything else mostly intact. Aside from the romance, I think '06 had a good story for what it was.

Edited by Faseehudeen

Um.. you mean other than part where Elise was a helpless princess and the king sealing Iblis inside her instead of him (he was dieing anyway) and Silver believing Mephelis for a long time for no apparent reason and thinking Sonic is the Iblis Trigger just by seeing a picture of him with fire and practically having almost no part becos Mephelis was the one who killed Sonic in the end and plotholes everywhere and all... *Phew* That's a lot. I think since this is a community project, we will just let these story writers come up with basic plots and then everyone involved should vote for the best story.

Btw guys, I've updated the first post by the way, so do check it out and tell me if I am missing something or whatsoever.

Hey, could you put me on VA list for Silver? I'll work on a demo for you, but I promise I have a good voice for it.

I'm not much of a story writer (saying that when I'm almost finished my first book) but some ideas to throw out to help fine tune your finished story maybe?

Regarding the Romance, Keep it but don't, the way I see it would be the whole "he's just not that into you kinda thing" I mean we all love Sonic right? Not many like Elise as far as I know (she's like the lost sister of Chris Thorndyke). Have her keep the feelings she shoes throughout the game but have Sonic not show any interest back. But don't make her a Bella Swan and crave the attention.

When Silver and Shadow break the news to Elise, take away that lucky charm emerald pish, have Iblis sealed in a pendant or something and have Silver and/or Shadow give her that telling her "not to cry, ever!" (not exactly in that tone)

No point in having Eggman Nega if he's only gonna show at the end, so how about when Eggman "travels to the future" (or other dimension if you stick with the Rush timeline, have that as the basis for the Eggman and Eggman Nega team up?

Regarding the Romance, Keep it but don't, the way I see it would be the whole "he's just not that into you kinda thing" I mean we all love Sonic right? Not many like Elise as far as I know (she's like the lost sister of Chris Thorndyke). Have her keep the feelings she shoes throughout the game but have Sonic not show any interest back. But don't make her a Bella Swan and crave the attention.

That's a good plan for the romance plot. Have Elise pining for Sonic constantly, but have Sonic turn her down every time. Believe it or not, I was writing a script for a Sonic '06 parody idea a while back, and I was planning to approach it that same way. I second this idea.

Edited by KatamariParadox
  • Thumbs Up 1

So as of now, we got Scott's idea, we got Diogenes' idea, we got Katamari's idea (keeping the almost same story), we got Enigmatus' idea (Enigmatus hasn't posted his idea though). So meanwhile, I'll go ask Katamari to help me with asking the programmers.

We can sit and plan the story for days upon days but the question is, How far in development is the actual port? Theres no point wasting time planning storlyines and new creative ideas. First port most of the levels anhd then start worrying about storyline. To have a storyline you're going to need cutscenes, Do you have somebody who can code cutscenes? If your changing the storyline your're going to need new voice clips, Which means you need new voice actors which are actually good and can record at a high quality level and can record a LOT of takes and dedicate themselves to it.

I don't think it's hit you yet how ambitious you are actually being. Look at the project where there porting Unleashed Levels to Generations. There in the same base engine and these guys are VERY good at porting levels and understanding coding. Even they have not got into the complications of thinking about storyline and adding cutscenes to support changes.

This sounds like I'm ranting I know but this is just another ambitious project where your caught up in a dreamland of thinking your a big team when your a couple of people trying to climb a massive mountain.

I'd love to see Sonic 06 levels ported and think the idea is great but you should really re-consider your plan of action and sort out your priorities.

Edited by StereoPix3l
  • Thumbs Up 4

We can sit and plan the story for days upon days but the question is, How far in development is the actual port? Theres no point wasting time planning storlyines and new creative ideas. First port most of the levels anhd then start worrying about storyline. To have a storyline you're going to need cutscenes, Do you have somebody who can code cutscenes? If your changing the storyline your're going to need new voice clips, Which means you need new voice actors which are actually good and can record at a high quality level and can record a LOT of takes and dedicate themselves to it.

I don't think it's hit you yet how ambitious you are actually being. Look at the project where there porting Unleashed Levels to Generations. There in the same base engine and these guys are VERY good at porting levels and understanding coding. Even they have not got into the complications of thinking about storyline and adding cutscenes to support changes.

This sounds like I'm ranting I know but this is just another ambitious project where your caught up in a dreamland of thinking your a big team when your a couple of people trying to climb a massive mountain.

I'd love to see Sonic 06 levels ported and think the idea is great but you should really re-consider your plan of action and sort out your priorities.

I might just let this project die out cos it is Sonic 06 and because of that, getting a team will be very hard and all. I will try to write and ask programmers as soon as possible, but they'd like to see some sort of base and all. Thank you for the advice, Stereo, and we'll see where this goes. We don't even have a team yet. So yeah... it's 0% done and it might say the same.

You know Faseeh, as much as you are my best friend on SSMB, and as much as I look forward to a Sonic 06 remake, I do feel that you're being too ambitious. You sound like you're in a dreamland like what StereoPix said.

I wanted to tell you how difficult it already is to just port the Unleashed levels (which does not include new cutscenes, new voice-acting, e.t.c), but some others have already pointed that out. To create completely new stuff requires a professional team who would dedicate their days to doing it. Sure, the sucessfully ported levels could run on Generations' engine, but remaking a game isn't just simply that.

Heck, I'm gonna be 15 this year and I'm already glad that I can even use a video and audio editor properly. (my real-life friends don't even know how to edit things, and they already call me the tech expert of my clique!) And you're like, younger than me? I know I shouldn't be snobbish and be biased against the abilties of different ages, but really, you're like having your head in the clouds.

All in all, I cringe whenever I see big dreamy projects led by a leader who doesn't know the limitations of the project, the resources and his team members.

(I feel really terrible after saying all this. It's like, you're the only one I talk to on SSMB, Faseeh.)

Edited by JemiLoke97
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree that it's a good idea to start actually trying to port the levels before anything else, but I don't think it's a good time right now. I don't have the resources to try porting levels myself, and the best people I can think of right now are currently in their own projects, one of which being the Unleashed Porting Project. I think we should let this whole thing sit and cool for a while until those guys are less busy, and then pitch the idea.

• Thumbs Up 1