Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Music Thread

Shaddix Leto Croft

Yessssssss, It's's that time of the year, IT'S TIME FOR A MUSIC THREAD FOR A UPCOMING SONIC (and all stars racing) GAME!

Now the original release of All Star Racing didn't see much in the remixed music department, just brand new menu music from the VERY talented composer Richard Jacques who has has been confirmed to return to compose music for ASRT in the main All Star Racing Transformed topic which in my book is fecking amazing being a big fan of his music (outside Sonic too) and we funny enough had a theme song for a Racing game which felt rather weird when I ain't playing Ridge Racer but none the less was pretty awesome and I'd like it to return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Pynvb7cEs

I'll leave some questions here but you can discuss ANYTHING about the music what you want in the game like always smile.png

Are you looking to hear new remixes of the tracks from SEGA WAVEMASTER composers or just want the same music played over like in All Star Racing and Superstars Tennis ?

Remix Example from Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Games

Being able to pick what song you want before you race again ?

Would you like another theme song like So Much More in the game with a new singer (seeing that Bentley Jones has buggered off to do J-Pop) and say which artist you'd like (Myself personally would love to see the return of Miss.T.J. Davis or Runblebee)

Please discuss anything about the music you'd like in the game and be civil smile.png.

Edited by Shaddix Bryan

Richard Jacques is in, so you can expect at least one You're My Hero remix biggrin.png

For the rest, remix of each level original's music, and that I know it will be good.

Edited by Jango

Tracks will have one remixed song in three (?) versions by Jacques. You won't be able to choose like in the first.

Richard Jacques- win

Dynamic music- win

Chance of remixed JSR music- win

I don't think there's much to worry about. I just hope the theme tune is better tbh. "So Much More" not only sucked, but it had bugger all to do with the prospect of a SEGA racing title. And it played when- at the award ceremony and during the credits? I'd hope that this game's theme tune is a little more relevant. Like the Superstars Tennis theme (also composed by Jacques). It was brilliant, and designed around the SE-GA chant.

• Thumbs Up 1

Richard Jacques- win

Dynamic music- win

Chance of remixed JSR music- win

I don't think there's much to worry about. I just hope the theme tune is better tbh. "So Much More" not only sucked, but it had bugger all to do with the prospect of a SEGA racing title. And it played when- at the award ceremony and during the credits? I'd hope that this game's theme tune is a little more relevant. Like the Superstars Tennis theme (also composed by Jacques). It was brilliant, and designed around the SE-GA chant.

Even though I liked the song (Bought the EP that much I liked it haha) I think it was more like Bentley/Lee trying to promote his music really and build a name of SEGA and Soni (which ended in tears because he spat his dummy out cause Tomoya Ohanti made a remix of DOAA) but I do agree when it comes to having nothing to the game and has to be something more related to SEGA and Sonic the Hedgehog, I would like something like that from Jacques.

Edited by Shaddix Bryan
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just need a remix of Tropical Resort and I am set for life.

Of course, that would require that Tropical Resort is a confirmed track, so I'll just imagine it is and subsequently imagine what Tropical Resort ASR remixes would sound like.

Edited by Modern Tom
  • Thumbs Up 1

If we do happen to get a new Sonic beach track like Emerald coast, Seaside hill, Wave ocean or Jungle joyride, I would love to see the Sonic the Fighters South island theme, Lovers. I think it fits into any form of Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want this song in there. If they add this song, it will be a guaranteed purchase for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would like more composers to work in this, not only Jacques (not hating the dude, he is awesome) but I would like the dudes from WaveMaster to work too.

Anyways im very curious about the dynamic music. So far the selection of the song from the Panzer Dragoon was perfect (althoug obvious :P). Seeing as there will be only 1 song per track I dont expect a lenghty soundtrack like the first one, not sure how I feel about this, I liked to change tunes in the first one.

Edited by Ferr

If we do happen to get a new Sonic beach track like Emerald coast, Seaside hill, Wave ocean or Jungle joyride, I would love to see the Sonic the Fighters South island theme, Lovers. I think it fits into any form of Sonic game.

I would LOVE IT If Sonic the Fighters got some love in this game seeing it didn't get any in Generations :( BUT STILL I'd love it if someone did a remix from Sonic the Fighters (any track is good as long it fits the level)

I would like more composers to work in this, not only Jacques (not hating the dude, he is awesome) but I would like the dudes from WaveMaster to work too.

Tomoya Ohtani, Jun Senoue, Cash Cash and Naofumi Hataya for me out of the Wavemaster bunch. Those 4 guys made some amazing stuff in Sonic Generations and I'd love it if they returned for this game.

Anyways im very curious about the dynamic music. So far the selection of the song from the Panzer Dragoon was perfect (althoug obvious tongue.png).

What selection of song would that be? Where' did you hear it?

I am really excited to hear Richard Jacques remixes. If i have to judge from the remix Menu Music then it's gonna be amazing!

Also

DYNAMIC MUSIC!!!!!!

So much WIN!

I wonder what an Ice Cap remix would sound like if it makes the cut.

Well, considering a lot of the Mario and Sonic London Games Sonic remixes were generations level awesome, I expect great things from this.…:)

Tomoya Ohtani, Jun Senoue, Cash Cash and Naofumi Hataya for me out of the Wavemaster bunch.

Well, Cash Cash are not from Wave Master, and Jun basically only does Sonic stuff. Kenichi Tokoi or Nariko Namba are more involved in WM.

I want to hear Life Was A Bore.

Yes!

Well, considering a lot of the Mario and Sonic London Games Sonic remixes were generations level awesome, I expect great things from this.

The remixes in the London game were a mixed bag for me (Flying Battery remix was horrible IMO but I know im almost alone in this). Generations was really better, but I think it was because there were more remixers in it.

Well, Cash Cash are not from Wave Master, and Jun basically only does Sonic stuff. Kenichi Tokoi or Nariko Namba are more involved in WM.

Well I'm fully aware that CC are not from Wave Master, just that they're associated with Jun Senoue they could crack up a amazing remix again (Like Big Arms....*drools*) and Jun could off done the Sonic stuff reason I mentioned him :

• 2 weeks later...

I want this song to be in All Stars Racing Transformed

[media=]

I loved this these tracks in Sonic Riders, I think it would be awesome if they were brought back in this sequel but If SEGA Carnival and SEGA Illusion don't make it to ASRT, I want the music to be included, it's just very fun and catchy...it would be fitting to play when going through vibrant and wide tracks included in the game. I'd also like Jungle Joyride to be included as well as Twinkle Park, Sky Deck, Stardust Speedway. I too also wouldn't mind South Island from Sonic The Fighters being added in ASRT ( it's a great track). smile.png

Edited by C.J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well. If one at the least or few of the Sonic R songs such as "Living in the City", "Work it Out" and especially "Super Sonic Racing", it must be in the Full Version aka Redbook repeat (Well, at least that's what TB from Sega Forums told me what type of music version its called). Not the same repeat as it displayed on the first racing game.

Like this:

Edited by Shego13

I wouldn't mind seeing a Radical Highway stage with a Radical Highway remix similar to that of Classic Sonic's version in Generations.

Also... yes... an Ice Cap remix would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 2